Shows that are coming up

Started by pennylane, Dec 29, 2010, 10:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnnYYac

Thanks to my Bandsintown app, which alerted me to a show, I'm gonna check out J. Roddy Walston & The Business tomorrow in Burlington, Iowa. Love the new album and psyched to see 'em live!

The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

mahg33ta

Quote from: johnnYYac on Sep 26, 2013, 10:11 AM
Thanks to my Bandsintown app, which alerted me to a show, I'm gonna check out J. Roddy Walston & The Business tomorrow in Burlington, Iowa. Love the new album and psyched to see 'em live!

fantastic!!

johnnYYac

Quote from: mahg33ta on Sep 26, 2013, 10:34 AM

fantastic!!
It was shaping up for a good time, but Michele needs to visit her brother in the hospital near Chicago, so life gets in the way. Her folks visiting last weekend prevented me from making an in-town Titus Andronicus show, so I'm at least building up some goodwill credit. Maybe Dawes next Tuesday?

justbcuzido

Seeing Alt-J this Saturday at Stubbs in Austin. Has anyone seen them before? Good show?
Mona Lisa must'a had the highway blues, you can tell by the way she smiles.

MarkW

Three shows booked between now and the end of the year;

22 October - Baroness
6 November - Frightened Rabbit
4 December - Yo La Tengo

All in small venues - should be great.
The trouble with the straight and the narrow is it's so thin, I keep sliding off to the side

johnnYYac

Quote from: johnnYYac on Sep 26, 2013, 02:21 PM

fantastic!!
It was shaping up for a good time, but Michele needs to visit her brother in the hospital near Chicago, so life gets in the way. Her folks visiting last weekend prevented me from making an in-town Titus Andronicus show, so I'm at least building up some goodwill credit. Maybe Dawes next Tuesday?
...and we're back on for J. Roddy tonight! 

Jeff Murray

Quote from: johnnYYac on Sep 27, 2013, 12:03 PM

fantastic!!

Cool!  I am willing to go out on a limb here and say you will have a blast!
Pretty please with peanut butter pudding surprise on top??

Jeff Murray

Pearl Jam in Pittsburgh next Friday... Got shut out of TenClub tix and ticketmaster as I was trying for another show that I didn't get tix for... So I pulled in a favor and got suite tix... Ended up with a suite directly up from McCready's side, so it should be a lot of fun... just hoping the "suite experience" doesn't take away from the show. 
Pretty please with peanut butter pudding surprise on top??

johnnYYac

Quote from: Jeff Murray on Oct 04, 2013, 01:53 PM
Quote from: johnnYYac on Sep 27, 2013, 12:03 PM

fantastic!!

Cool!  I am willing to go out on a limb here and say you will have a blast!
Jeff, that limb held up quite well.

Crispy

Tonight I get Patty Griffin at the Cain's Ballroom in Tulsa, which will have a rare reserved seating setup, in which my seat is in the front row, right on the center aisle.  :cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy:
"...the Bear, Heartbreakin' Man, Evelyn...I think we all know those."

Taterbug

Quote from: Crispy on Oct 11, 2013, 05:00 PM
Tonight I get Patty Griffin at the Cain's Ballroom in Tulsa, which will have a rare reserved seating setup, in which my seat is in the front row, right on the center aisle.  :cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy:

Very nice, Have a great time tonight Crispy. 
"Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle" Honest Abe

Crispy

Quote from: Taterbug on Oct 11, 2013, 05:07 PM

Thanks, tater! Oh yeah, tomorrow I'm seeing Wolf People in Philly.  :rolleyes:

Taterbug

Quote from: Crispy on Oct 11, 2013, 05:30 PM

Lucky !!! You get to hang out with all the cool kids, AGAIN.   I place you in charge of Fully. 
"Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle" Honest Abe

Crispy

Quote from: Taterbug on Oct 11, 2013, 05:36 PM
Quote from: Crispy on Oct 11, 2013, 05:30 PM

Lucky !!! You get to hang out with all the cool kids, AGAIN.   I place you in charge of Fully.

Ain't nobody in charge of Fully but Fully.

he.who.forgets

Pearl Jam in Charlotte later this month
and not sure of dates but these are on the agenda through the rest of the year
Built to Spill
Frank Turner
Alabama Shakes
Greg Allman/JJ Grey & Mofro (new years eve)

Murph

11/7 - Deer Tick @ Webster Hall
11/11 - Dylan Fest @ Bowery Ballroom

MarkW

25 November - Jason Isbell at the Ruby Lounge, Manchester.  Didn't know he was playing in the UK and only got tickets today, so that's a bonus...
The trouble with the straight and the narrow is it's so thin, I keep sliding off to the side

GO4IT

Seeing Lone Bellow tomorrow (Fri) at Baltimore's Soundstage and Dr. Dog at the Rams Head on Sat.

Next weekend maybe Mazzy Star at the Fillmore in Silver Spring and Letitia Van Sant and the Bonafides on Sun. at Baltimore's Metro Gallery.

Jaimoe

Seeing Gary Clark Jr. with opener The Wild Feathers this Monday at the Danforth Music Hall (SOLD OUT show), a cool venue in a cool Toronto neighbourhood (Riverdale/Greektown). Can't wait!!

CountSA

I saw Preservation Hall Jazz Band at the Sinclair in Cambridge, MA.  As always, they did not disappoint!