Shows that are coming up

Started by pennylane, Dec 29, 2010, 10:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shug

Quote from: he.who.forgets on Oct 11, 2013, 06:40 PM
Greg Allman/JJ Grey & Mofro (new years eve)

That looks fantastic, I'm envious!
"Some like their water shallow, I like mine deep"

mahg33ta

Quote from: CountSA on Nov 20, 2013, 11:03 AM
I saw Preservation Hall Jazz Band at the Sinclair in Cambridge, MA.  As always, they did not disappoint!

for $10, right?!  that was a bargain.

CountSA

Quote from: mahg33ta on Nov 21, 2013, 10:41 AM
Quote from: CountSA on Nov 20, 2013, 11:03 AM
I saw Preservation Hall Jazz Band at the Sinclair in Cambridge, MA.  As always, they did not disappoint!

for $10, right?!  that was a bargain.

Yeah $10, and somehow there was no service charge ordering online through Ticketmaster.

Mahgeetah34

Chvrches and Wet and the Exit/In on December 1st. Should be pretty awesome :cool:

Jeff Murray

Clutch, Crobot, and Kingsnake - 1/17 Wilmington DE

And that's it... feels weird... :embarrassed:
Pretty please with peanut butter pudding surprise on top??

manonthemoon

QOTSA - National in Richmond
Alive or Just Breathing

Fully

I just bought tickets to see Jason Isbell play IN A CAVE!!!!! It's over 300 ft below ground. It's March 7. I've always wanted to see a show there. Really stoked!  www.bluegrassunderground.com

MrWhippy

Quote from: Fully on Dec 10, 2013, 09:21 PM
I just bought tickets to see Jason Isbell play IN A CAVE!!!!! It's over 300 ft below ground. It's March 7. I've always wanted to see a show there. Really stoked!  www.bluegrassunderground.com

That is awesome.

I think all I have left this year is:

Queens of the Stone Age in Richmond, VA
Pig Destroyer in Silver Spring, MD
Clutch in Washington DC

I'm toying with the idea of heading to Charlottesville on New Year's Eve to see Jason Isbell and the Dirty Dozen Brass Band, or maybe to Mohegan Sun in Connecticut to see Prince.
My heart can't wait to meet you on the other side.

Fully

Quote from: MrWhippy on Dec 10, 2013, 09:31 PM
Quote from: Fully on Dec 10, 2013, 09:21 PM

That is awesome.

I think all I have left this year is:

Queens of the Stone Age in Richmond, VA
Pig Destroyer in Silver Spring, MD
Clutch in Washington DC

I'm toying with the idea of heading to Charlottesville on New Year's Eve to see Jason Isbell and the Dirty Dozen Brass Band, or maybe to Mohegan Sun in Connecticut to see Prince.

GO SEE PRINCE AND GAMBLE WHIPPY!!!!!!!!

oistheone

I am SO FREAKIN' TEMPTED to hit up this Prince show on the 29th. Prince and Janelle Monae, are you kidding me?! I imagine it'll just be an opening slot for Janelle, but the possibility of a collboration may very well just get me to Connecticut.

Damn though, tickets ain't cheap! And I feel like for Prince, the closer, the better. The last time I saw Prince, he did seven encores (not joking) and after each one, people kept leaving, thinking "this is the end". By the actual end of the show I just walked right down to the front row.

Jeff Murray

Quote from: manonthemoon on Dec 10, 2013, 07:51 PM
QOTSA - National in Richmond

Son of a... I am now looking at a trip to St. Petersburg to catch their show and then visit my folks in February... There are two decent tickets still available there...
Pretty please with peanut butter pudding surprise on top??

MrWhippy

Quote from: oistheone on Dec 11, 2013, 05:39 PM
I am SO FREAKIN' TEMPTED to hit up this Prince show on the 29th. Prince and Janelle Monae, are you kidding me?! I imagine it'll just be an opening slot for Janelle, but the possibility of a collboration may very well just get me to Connecticut.

I didn't know Janelle Monae was opening.  That makes it even more tempting.  Tickets are expensive for the floor/lower bowl, but it doesn't seem like these shows have sold well, and tehre are still good seats available from the box office.  Maybe the market for tickets will tank and it will be easy to get a deal on the secondary market closer to the time of the shows.

davymac

Going to Xmas Jam this weekend in Asheville!

Murph

J. Roddy again tomorrow night!  Opener is a DJ Set by Washed Out, which I have no idea what to expect from

MrWhippy

We pulled the trigger on Prince in CT on Saturday, which should be a blast.  So, rounding out my year is Clutch on 12/26 and Prince on 12/28.

Mr. White

Ben Sollee will be playing Headliners Music Hall in Louisville, Kentucky on January 16th. (I'll be going by myself after work instead of driving home and then back to town.) Get your tickets soon. The place only holds around 700.

My brother and I will be seeing Pat Metheny at the Ryman Auditorium in Nashville, Tenn. on February 16th
Kentuckians For The Commonwealth (KFTC) Member Since 2011

rincon2

Going to the Troubadour next week for an Earle Mankey tribute. He is a long time record producer, most notably Concrete Blond, The Runaways, and The Long Ryders. I am going with a buddy who has had 5 albums produced by Earle, including a new one getting groomed for release now.(Frank Barajas)
http://www.troubadour.com/event/441307-earle-mankey-appreciation-los-angeles/

MrWhippy

Later this week - Neil Young x 2.

kotchishm

1/26: Damien Jurado - DC9
2/20: Gardens and Villa - DC9
2/27: Band of Horses acoustic - Lincoln Theater
3/14: Dr. Dog - 9:30 Club
EDIT: Just bought tickets for Real Estate 4/2 @ 9:30

Still on the fence about Phosphorescent at 9:30 Club on 1/22.
Sometimes when I get in my zone, you'd think I was stoned, but I never as they say, touched the stuf

Come Closer

2/14- The Black Angels
2/22- White Denim
3/14- Dr. Dog
3/27- Okkervil River

Does anyone know anything about Cate Le Bon? I want to see Kevin Morby, and it looks like he's opening for her.