Shows that are coming up

Started by pennylane, Dec 29, 2010, 10:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

manonthemoon

1/19 Mountain Goats, Durham, NC
Alive or Just Breathing

LBSUNFLWR

Quote from: kotchishm on Jan 06, 2014, 09:46 AM

Still on the fence about Phosphorescent at 9:30 Club on 1/22.

GO!!!! I would love to. I love the 9:30. Had the pleasure of seeing Phosphorescent this year in 2 small venues, one tiny, and was very very impressed. perfect spot for that show, GO!!!!!!!!!!

LBSUNFLWR

Jason Isbell at a sold out Headliners tonight!
Looking forward to another great show, not looking forward to the packed house, but happy for him.

Mr. White

Ben Sollee at Headliners Music Hall in Louisville is tomorrow night! I already have my ticket, and when I checked Headliners' Interweb site, there were still some tickets to be had. It should be a really good show.
Kentuckians For The Commonwealth (KFTC) Member Since 2011

ManNamedTruth

Too lazy to look up all the dates.
Pixies - in a little over a week from now.
The Hold Steady
Gary Clark Jr.
John Prine w/ Sarah Jarosz opening

Would go to Arcade Fire if they would've came years ago, but I'm kind of over them now. I can't hardly believe sometimes that they're big enough to play arenas now. I'm considering these shows as well - Black Joe Lewis, Punch Brothers, Les Claypool.

That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

Jamison

Old Settlers Music Fest!
April 10-14th
Once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

MarkW

J Roddy Walston & the Business are playing their first ever dates in the UK.  I'll be seeing them on 26 February.  It will be messy.
The trouble with the straight and the narrow is it's so thin, I keep sliding off to the side

Fully

Quote from: MarkW on Jan 21, 2014, 04:21 AM
J Roddy Walston & the Business are playing their first ever dates in the UK.  I'll be seeing them on 26 February.  It will be messy.

Good for you!!! It will be messy!

parkervb

2/28 - Avetts with Old Crow at GMU
3/15 - Drive By Truckers with Blitzen Trapper at The National*

*may need someone to go to the show with. Wife is running a half-marathon in VB the next day.  Anyone from the boards going? 
Don't you ever turn it off

LBSUNFLWR

Here's what I have coming up:  :thumbsup:

2/24 Josh Ritter & Gregory Alan Isakov at Headliners, Louisville
3/29 Real Estate at Exit/In, Nashville
4/11 The War on Drugs at 20th Century Theater, Cincinnati
5/15 Portugal. The Man at The Brown Theatre, Louisville

manonthemoon

J Roddy Walston and the Buisness @The National Richmond 5/10
Manchester Orchestra @The Fillmore DC 5/27
Alive or Just Breathing

GO4IT

Glad to hear you're going to be able to see J Roddy and crew!
Kate loves them, doesn't she?
Let us know how it goes.

MarkW

Quote from: GO4IT on Jan 21, 2014, 10:55 PM
Glad to hear you're going to be able to see J Roddy and crew!
Kate loves them, doesn't she?
Let us know how it goes.

Sadly, Kate will be in Spain so unable to see them.  I plan to drink enough beer for two.  :thumbsup:
The trouble with the straight and the narrow is it's so thin, I keep sliding off to the side

Fully

I apparently am getting a do over on my missed JRoddy show. He's coming to Louisville on March 20. So I'll just drive up after work. It's only three hours and a time zone change.

oistheone

Quote from: Fully on Jan 22, 2014, 11:28 AM
I apparently am getting a do over on my missed JRoddy show. He's coming to Louisville on March 20. So I'll just drive up after work. It's only three hours and a time zone change.

What show is this? I can't find any info about it. I'd be much more tempted to hit up Louisville than Albany! (No offence to any Albanites 'round these parts)

Mr. White

Quote from: oistheone on Jan 22, 2014, 11:46 AM
Quote from: Fully on Jan 22, 2014, 11:28 AM

What show is this? I can't find any info about it. I'd be much more tempted to hit up Louisville than Albany! (No offence to any Albanites 'round these parts)

It's at Headliners Music Hall on Thursday, March 20th. Tickets go on sale this Friday ($15 advance and $18 day of the show). I think it just got announced yesterday or maybe the day before. (I get e-mails from Headliners.)

http://headlinerslouisville.com/calendar/
Kentuckians For The Commonwealth (KFTC) Member Since 2011

oistheone

Oooo man, Headliners?! I may just have to do this... Lotta choices to be made in the next few days. All concerning how to get my J Roddy fix...

Fully

We might finally meet.

joey_rogo

Quote from: oistheone on Jan 22, 2014, 11:46 AMWhat show is this? I can't find any info about it. I'd be much more tempted to hit up Louisville than Albany! (No offence to any Albanites 'round these parts)

None taken! I'd rather see a show in Louisville too! :grin: The show in Albany just sold out anyways. Fortunately I have my tickets and I can't wait. 300 people max. Gonna be tight and sweaty. Also, super fun local band Wild Adriatic is opening. Good times.

oistheone

Quote from: Fully on Jan 22, 2014, 02:30 PM
We might finally meet.

And it's about damn time!

Quote from: joey_rogo on Jan 22, 2014, 02:42 PM
Quote from: oistheone on Jan 22, 2014, 11:46 AMWhat show is this? I can't find any info about it. I'd be much more tempted to hit up Louisville than Albany! (No offence to any Albanites 'round these parts)

None taken! I'd rather see a show in Louisville too! :grin: The show in Albany just sold out anyways. Fortunately I have my tickets and I can't wait. 300 people max. Gonna be tight and sweaty. Also, super fun local band Wild Adriatic is opening. Good times.

God dammit! I was just about to pull the trigger on this Albany show! Hmmmm... time to get creative.