Shows that are coming up

Started by pennylane, Dec 29, 2010, 10:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sillyboob

Congrats on getting tickets for Pearl Jam Mr. White!!  They put on a heck of a show.  Looking forward to two nights of them in L.A.

Back in 2018 some friends & my wife & I went to see them in Missoula, Montana, in their smallest stadium show of the tour.  Had a great time.  I had last seen PJ back in 1995 at Golden Gate Park, a show where Eddie Vedder had food poisoning and left the stage after seven songs.  Neil Young stepped in and gave us a two hour show with a lot of his Mirror Ball album getting played.  23 years between Pearl Jam shows.

Was also lucky enough to have seen PJ open for Nirvana & the Chili Peppers back in 1991.
Cuz it's been so long since someone shattered me.

sillyboob

Updated...

Mar 25 G. Love & the Juice, with Ron Artiss at the Coach House
Apr 14 Jawbreaker, with Built To Spill & the Smoking Popes at the House Of Blues Chicago
May 6  Pearl Jam at the Forum
May 7  Pearl Jam at the Forum
May 23 Strand Of Oaks in LA
Jun 2  Spoon at the Palladium
Jun 8  Neko Case at Humphrey's in San Diego
Jul 16 Trevor Noah at the Pacific Amphitheater
Aug 08 The National at Kettlehouse Amphitheater (new venue for my wife & I)
Aug 10 The National at Dillon Amphitheater (new venue)
Aug 16 MMJ at the Santa Barbara Bowl (new venue)
Aug 17 MMJ at Hollywood Forever Cemetery (outdoors is a new venue)
Sep 14 Interpol / Spoon in Paso Robles Winery (new venue)
Oct 11 The War On Drugs in San Diego Open Air Theater
Oct 12 Florence & The Machine in San Diego Open Air Theater

to be continued...

rkwedge

Quote from: sillyboob on Apr 01, 2022, 02:36 PMUpdated...

Apr 14 Jawbreaker, with Built To Spill & the Smoking Popes at the House Of Blues Chicago

to be continued...
You'll love the Kettlehouse and from the pictures I've seen of Dillion they look very similar, one on a lake one on a river.
It's the art of feelin' naked in your clothes

Cameron

This might be my best 2 week run ever:

4/27 MMJ
4/28 Ween
4/29 MMJ
5/13 Pearl Jam
5/17 (my bday) Sir Paul

sillyboob

Quote from: rkwedge on Apr 01, 2022, 08:15 PM
Quote from: sillyboob on Apr 01, 2022, 02:36 PMUpdated...

to be continued...
You'll love the Kettlehouse and from the pictures I've seen of Dillion they look very similar, one on a lake one on a river.

Really looking forward to both of those, and Santa Barbara for MMJ should be epic!!

sillyboob

Quote from: Cameron on Apr 01, 2022, 11:52 PMThis might be my best 2 week run ever:

4/27 MMJ
4/28 Ween
4/29 MMJ
5/13 Pearl Jam
5/17 (my bday) Sir Paul

This is great!!!  Enjoy, and have a great birthday with Paul!!

Erad

4/23 - Godspeed You! Black Emperor - Philly
5/06 - The Antlers - Philly
5/25 - Nine Inch Nails - Philly
6/07 - Sigur Rós - Philly
7/10 - Dead & Company - Philly
7/23 - Beach House - Philly
9/16 - MMJ - New Haven, CT

Mr. White

04/20/2022 - My Morning Jacket - Knoxville Civic Auditorium - Knoxville, Tennessee

06/17/2022 - Trey Anastasio - Iroquois Amphitheater - Louisville

06/24/2022 - My Morning Jacket - Iroquois Amphitheater - Louisville

06/25/2022 - My Morning Jacket - Waterfront Park - Louisville

08/02/2022 - Roger Waters - Heritage Bank Center - Cincinnati

09/16/2022 - Pearl Jam - Bridgestone Arena - Nashville

09/23/2022 - My Morning Jacket - Ascend Amphitheater - Nashville

11/13/2022 - Steve Vai - Old Forester's Paristown Hall - Louisville
Kentuckians For The Commonwealth (KFTC) Member Since 2011

walterfredo

You're gonna love the trey solo acoustic show! They're special events! He tells amazing stories and shares insight. A lot of banter, as compared to phish shows or even trey band. Enjoy!

Mr. White

Quote from: walterfredo on Apr 15, 2022, 01:35 PMYou're gonna love the trey solo acoustic show! They're special events! He tells amazing stories and shares insight. A lot of banter, as compared to phish shows or even trey band. Enjoy!

Sounds cool! I'm looking forward to it!

Like I posted earlier about never having seen Pearl Jam (until this September!) and having only gotten to see Eddie Vedder solo once back in 2017, I've also never seen Phish. I'm a bit behind, I know. I have several DVD concerts of theirs and a hand full of studio albums and one Trey Anastasio Band live album, but I've never really dove into the culture and fanaticism of the Phish world like I did MMJ.

This show/experience should be good! I got a ticket just to the right of the Mix Board (beginning of the cheaper seats) that is pretty much dead center.

slappymoe

Quote from: Mr. White on Apr 15, 2022, 02:42 PM
Quote from: walterfredo on Apr 15, 2022, 01:35 PMYou're gonna love the trey solo acoustic show! They're special events! He tells amazing stories and shares insight. A lot of banter, as compared to phish shows or even trey band. Enjoy!

Like I posted earlier about never having seen Pearl Jam (until this September!) and having only gotten to see Eddie Vedder solo once back in 2017, I've also never seen Phish. I'm a bit behind, I know. I have several DVD concerts of theirs and a hand full of studio albums and one Trey Anastasio Band live album, but I've never really dove into the culture and fanaticism of the Phish world like I did MMJ.

This show/experience should be good! I got a ticket just to the right of the Mix Board (beginning of the cheaper seats) that is pretty much dead center.
same here, never been to a phish show but couldn't pass on this one.

our upcoming shows look pretty similar. trey, mmjx2, waters. plus i'm seeing lindsey buckingham next saturday.  you skipping strand of oaks? the who in cincinnati? i didn't make the cut for pearl jam nashville tickets, but bourbon and beyond is a decent consolation prize.

Mr. White

Quote from: slappymoe on Apr 24, 2022, 06:00 PM
Quote from: Mr. White on Apr 15, 2022, 02:42 PM

same here, never been to a phish show but couldn't pass on this one.

our upcoming shows look pretty similar. trey, mmjx2, waters. plus i'm seeing lindsey buckingham next saturday.  you skipping strand of oaks? the who in cincinnati? i didn't make the cut for pearl jam nashville tickets, but bourbon and beyond is a decent consolation prize.

The Who show in Cincinnati is coming up too soon for me to afford it and doesn't work with my schedule family wise. I did get to see The Who back in 1989 in San Diego while in the Navy with 3 of the 4 original members. That will have to be enough for me. They are one of my very favorite bands of all time and changed me a lot during my high school days. I still listen to them from time to time and have almost all of their releases and videos on DVD. Love The WHO Forever!

I wasn't really paying attention to the fact Strand Of Oaks was coming back to Zanzabar in late June. It is right after the two MMJ shows, but I think I'll try to make it up to Louisville for this show (will have to leave work early though). We'll see.

I hope the rest of my scheduled shows work out well for me, and I hope a few more local shows are announced for people/bands like Joan Shelley who will be releasing her new album and will more than likely do a local show at some point. I try to never miss her live unless she's just doing a couple of songs as part of a bigger event. She did this a couple of weeks ago, but I couldn't make it a priority to just see her sing maybe 3 songs.

Money is getting to be an issue for me these days though. I've spent so much money getting tickets for the shows I've seen so far and the ones coming up (since I started back with the Railbird Festival last August). Still, there will be more shows pop up that I won't be able to resist going to.

LBSUNFLWR

Pretty excited for what I have coming up starting this week:
JRAD 4/28 Newport, KY
Built To Spill 5/20 Indianapolis
Ray LaMontagne @ The Palace 5/21
Phish Deer Creek 6/3
Phish Deer Creek 6/4
Goose Indy 6/12
Trey Iroquois 6/17
MMJ Iroquois 6/24
MMJ Waterfront 6/25
Tedeschi Trucks/Los Lobos 7/24 Cincinnati
Built to Spill 8/20 Headliners

Mr. White

06/24/2022 - My Morning Jacket - Iroquois Amphitheater - Louisville

06/25/2022 - My Morning Jacket - Waterfront Park - Louisville

07/28/2022 - Carl Broemel + Tyler Ramsey - Zanzabar - Louisville

08/02/2022 - Roger Waters - Heritage Bank Center - Cincinnati

08/27/2022 - Roger Waters - Bridgestone Arena - Nashville

09/16/2022 - Pearl Jam - Bridgestone Arena - Nashville

09/23/2022 - My Morning Jacket - Ascend Amphitheater - Nashville

11/13/2022 - Steve Vai - Old Forester's Paristown Hall - Louisville

Lucius

LCD Soundsystem starting their mini residency at Brixton Academy in London tonight. Will be attending on Sunday. Very excited, saw them headlining a festival a few years back and it became one of my all time favourite shows!
it wouldn't be a party without you

Cameron

8/28 Robert Earl Keen in Austin
9/13 MMJ in Columbus
9/20 PJ in OKC
9/27 Iron & Wine/Andrew Bird in San Antonio
10/17 Black Keys/Band of Horses in    Austin
10/28 Futurebirds in Austin 
10/29 Elton in San Antonio
11/17 Joe Pug in Austin
2/16 Springsteen in Austin
2/24 RATM in El Paso

ranyart

We've got some shows on the horizon...

July 21 - Adrian Belew at Ludlow Garage Cincinnati Ohio
August 20 - Amos Lee at Blue Gate Thearter Shipshewana Indiana
October 1 - Nick Mason at Palace Theater Columbus Ohio

ranyart

Quote from: Mr. White on Jun 24, 2022, 11:59 AM08/02/2022 - Roger Waters - Heritage Bank Center - Cincinnati

I hope you enjoy the Roger Waters show tonight John.  There is nothing like the sound system Roger brings on tour, especially indoors, and he's doing this tour in the round looks like so every seat will be great.  I'm really curious to hear how full Riverfront Coliseum is tonight because they have been advertising this show pretty heavily on local TV.  Safe travels and can't wait to hear how it was!

Mr. White

Quote from: ranyart on Aug 02, 2022, 02:56 PM
Quote from: Mr. White on Jun 24, 2022, 11:59 AM08/02/2022 - Roger Waters - Heritage Bank Center - Cincinnati

I hope you enjoy the Roger Waters show tonight John.  There is nothing like the sound system Roger brings on tour, especially indoors, and he's doing this tour in the round looks like so every seat will be great.  I'm really curious to hear how full Riverfront Coliseum is tonight because they have been advertising this show pretty heavily on local TV.  Safe travels and can't wait to hear how it was!

The show was really good. It lasted about 2 hours and 30 (which includes a 20 minute intermission). He did a real good job of mixing in Pink Floyd stuff and his solo work. The screen overhead was pretty good, but I would have liked some more traditional styled lighting shooting out into the crowd like at a MMJ show. The screen also had quite a bit of stuff to read from time to time, so if you weren't looking and paying close attention, you might miss something. This kind of took away from the experience of just letting your eyes wonder from aspect to aspect of the stage setup (in the round but really a big rectangle with two short ramps and two long ramps going out into the audience). I did a decent job of just sitting back and enjoying it though. Also, at the very beginning, Roger made an announcement saying for everyone there to please shut off their telephones and respect the other members of the audience, so I did. I only took a few pictures of the audience and the stage setup before it started and this 3 and a half minute video of the Flying Pig during the 20 minute intermission. Some other people in the audience took videos, but I left my phone off. The majority of the audience had their phones put away. If you watch this video, it shows much of the audience, but you have to take into account that it was during the intermission, so plenty of people would be away from their seats.

Flying Pig
(Pig Flyover During Intermission)
Roger Waters Concert
Cincinnati, Ohio
Tuesday, August 2, 2022

ranyart

I'm glad you enjoyed it and thank you for the audience video!  Looks pretty full to me considering it was taken during a set break like you said.  That's quite a stage setup for sure!  I found the video board to be somewhat annoying too at the last RW show we saw in Rome, but then again the whole experience was so intense it's hard to keep track of everything going on.