Drive By Truckers Go Go Boots Tour

Started by ChiefOKONO, Dec 29, 2010, 03:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ALady

Those are probably my two favorites, to be honest.  When I was first getting into DBT someone made me a mix and it was all these Isbell songs...and I was like "oh sweet, this is gonna be awesome" and then he left the band   :D  Doh!
if it falls apart or makes us millionaires

Penny Lane

All checked into my flight and headed to Athens for 3 nights  :)
I need the airline industry to cooperate..c'mon c'mon
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

Ruckus

Quote from: Penny Lane on Jan 12, 2011, 02:12 PM
So glad you made it!  Enjoy the Parthenon and eat plenty of spanikopita for me.
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

Penny Lane

Quote from: Ruckus on Jan 12, 2011, 02:26 PM
So glad you made it!  Enjoy the Parthenon and eat plenty of spanikopita for me.

spanikopita this! will do..leaving tomorrow so still iffy...but should be okay..

headhunter

good lucky with the travel penny.  should be a super fun time once you are there!
was some shakin' and some record playin'

ralph

Who would be crazy enough to travel 1/2 way around the world just to see some rock shows?!?! :D ;)

Have fun dude!!!

Edit: I'm a dick, I thought you were going to Athens, Greece...! Still, have fun though!!!
At my house, we call them uh-ohs.

darkglow

Quote from: ralph on Jan 12, 2011, 05:40 PM

Who would be crazy enough to travel 1/2 way around the world just to see some rock shows?!?! :D ;)

Have fun dude!!!

Edit: I'm a dick, I thought you were going to Athens, Greece...! Still, have fun though!!!

dave i'll never forget the sincerity in your voice when you said coming to NYC for the T5 chaos was one of the greatest decisions you've ever made.

it meant alot to me because i came all the way to NYC from Tokyo, Japan and I echoed your sentiment 100%

ralph

Quote from: darkglow on Jan 13, 2011, 03:06 AM
Quote from: ralph on Jan 12, 2011, 05:40 PM

Have fun dude!!!

dave i'll never forget the sincerity in your voice when you said coming to NYC for the T5 chaos was one of the greatest decisions you've ever made.

it meant alot to me because i came all the way to NYC from Tokyo, Japan and I echoed your sentiment 100%

Still stand by that statement. Dont think a day has gone by since I got home that I havent had at least one thought about that 10 days in October last year.

Traveling for music? The best fucken thing ever...!

adam w

@ralph - if you want some specific track suggestions, check out what the DBT faithful say: http://gorankem.com/artists/21614-Drive-By-Truckers love the fact that 'zip city' is on top...definitely not their most popular, but one of the live favorites

el_chode

Well, it's finally happened. Southern Rock Opera kicked in and I'm obsessed. It only took a few years to get it. I tried and tried to like the band, I really did, and it never happened until now.
I'm surrounded by assholes

ralph

Quote from: Penny Lane on Jan 11, 2011, 08:35 AM
Quote from: ALady on Jan 11, 2011, 12:41 AM
Dirty South and Decoration Day are both fantastic, no doubt...but a little Isbell-heavy, which makes them kind of misleading as an entry point IMO.

ralph, no matter where you start, you'll be able to tell right away if you'll dig them or not  ;D  As fredo noted above, Patterson's voice is a bit of an...acquired taste.

that's why i love those two, they're Isbell heavy :-(
also they have 3 singers at any given time, give it a chance, ralph..
i can't wait for Jason's new album

In the end I bought The Dirty South and ordered Southern Rock Opera. 

Um, so when the second guitar kicked in on the right speaker during the final solo on the first song on The Dirty South I knew this was a keeper. So that took 5 minutes...

And in what may be a sign, I got the booklet for Decoration Day instead of TDS booklet so I probably should just buy that as well.

ALady

That's Mike Cooley, the Stroker Ace  ;) 

Yay, glad you like, Dave!
if it falls apart or makes us millionaires

Penny Lane

Sorry to be that braggart--if any of you are ever thinking of going to this, it's like the Terminal 5 week for DBT. It was the most fun I've had since T5 or hometown show weekend. The band were hanging out all over town, Athens is one of the coolest places ever. 3 great nights-epic rock shows...I'm still coming down. I really love the south. Free refills for everything, tator tots, fried chicken, 2.50 yuenglings....

headhunter

:D   Awesome photo Penny!!   Read the blogs on the dbt forum and it does seem to be a T5 for dbt fans.  might have to  make the road trip next year.

so did you marry that bartender, just get engaged or just the normal friendly PL "i like all humanity that like the music i love"

Any chance you can talk to MC and PH and get them to do a bunch of T5 shows in the near future?  I hated to miss nye at t5.
was some shakin' and some record playin'

Penny Lane

ha ha..no luck with the bartender---
i was too busy taking pics of his shirt and texting them to Ruckus
this is such a cool thing to do if you're a truckers fan, the band is so accessible, it's surreal, all over town you keep running into other trucker fans
they played the new album on Night 1 then launched into an incredible encore (set 2)
the other 2 nights are fuzzy...ha ha...
i'm burned out on them, though---don't know when/if i'll see them again on this tour unless they add a Tipitinas 2 night show..i've always wanted to see MMJ or DBT play there. Have fun in Peekskill!

scosby2

Going to see them this Thursday...can't wait!!

Penny Lane

Quote from: scosby2 on Jan 23, 2011, 04:39 PM
Going to see them this Thursday...can't wait!!

Sweet! Enjoy it, Seth!

darkglow

going to see them on wednesday night.. it makes me feel so close to you seth.. lol

FYI : J Roddy Walston and the Business just announced they were opening for DBT at the 9:30 club in DC on 2/18 and 2/19

Penny Lane

Quote from: darkglow on Jan 24, 2011, 04:23 PM
going to see them on wednesday night.. it makes me feel so close to you seth.. lol

FYI : J Roddy Walston and the Business just announced they were opening for DBT at the 9:30 club in DC on 2/18 and 2/19

I'll be there 2/18 and 2/19 for J Roddy and DBT
I believe Ruckus will be there (MAYBE) for 2/19

I've been waiting a LONG time to see J Roddy!!!

Penny Lane

they just announced a 2/15 Bowery Ballroom Record Release show   :beer: :thumbsup:

so far: me, Brooke, Headhunter ....