Started by ChiefOKONO, Dec 29, 2010, 03:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

br00ke

tdb810

.....Back at the Model Home

br00ke

i'll keep my paws crossed that you do !!!   :D

Jon T.

Going to see them tomorrow night at a new place in town (Pensacola, FL).  Capacity is only around 350.  I saw them about a year ago and was a little put off with how much Cooley showed his ass.  Looked like the rest of the band didn't care for it, either.   Anyway, really hoping and expecting a different vibe tomorrow!

darkglow

Jon T.

You live in Pensacola, too? I just moved here about 2 months ago and I'll definitely be at the show tomorrow night.

Jon T.

Quote from: darkglow on Jan 25, 2011, 06:28 PM
Jon T.

You live in Pensacola, too? I just moved here about 2 months ago and I'll definitely be at the show tomorrow night.

Hey!  Yep, I'm here.  Well, Gulf Breeze.  Born and raised.  I've bounced around here and there but always knew I would end up back here.  Two months, huh.  Long enough to know the music scene here is pretty dismal, at best.  Do you have any hangouts yet?  I imagine I'll meet some buddies at Hopjacks beforehand.

darkglow

so far i like hopjack's and blazzues is a pretty good spot to grab a drink down there as well.. i live over by the civic center in east hill so i tend to stay in the downtown area when i go out. yeah the music scene is pretty tame but vinyl music hall is at least trying to bring in the big names and a wide variety (robert randolph, edwin mccain, nappy roots, perpetual groove) i'll be down at hopjacks at around 7ish (gonna pick up my tickets from the will call).. you can find me flyin solo wearing the "blazin challenge survivor" shirt from buffalo wild wings.. yes i completed the wings challenge during the steelers/jets game on sunday and my bowel system is still in a tizzy on tuesday.

headhunter

Quote from: Penny Lane on Jan 25, 2011, 01:12 PM
they just announced a 2/15 Bowery Ballroom Record Release show   :beer: :thumbsup:

so far: me, Brooke, Headhunter ....

SO SO Psyched for this show.  Big Big thanks to Penny for letting me know about it.  This should help melt some of the white permafrost on the streets of nyc.
was some shakin' and some record playin'

Jon T.

Quote from: darkglow on Jan 25, 2011, 10:59 PM
so far i like hopjack's and blazzues is a pretty good spot to grab a drink down there as well.. i live over by the civic center in east hill so i tend to stay in the downtown area when i go out. yeah the music scene is pretty tame but vinyl music hall is at least trying to bring in the big names and a wide variety (robert randolph, edwin mccain, nappy roots, perpetual groove) i'll be down at hopjacks at around 7ish (gonna pick up my tickets from the will call).. you can find me flyin solo wearing the "blazin challenge survivor" shirt from buffalo wild wings.. yes i completed the wings challenge during the steelers/jets game on sunday and my bowel system is still in a tizzy on tuesday.

I'll keep my eyes peeled for ya.  Not sure what I'll be wearing.  Probably a jacket- that should help narrow it down.  ;D  I'll probably be with a few other guys and maybe some significant others, not sure. 
I'm familiar with BWW, but not the wings challenge.  Looking forward to hearing about that.

Jon T.

What a show!  They played "Putting People on the Moon" second, I think.  Anyway, completely blew the roof off of the place.   Slowed down a little in the middle while playing some of their new tunes that people were unfamiliar with, but ended pretty strong.  I couldn't keep saying to myself, "i fucking love rock and roll".   8)  Awesome night.   Good meeting and meeting up with JT.  Good times.  I know 5am came early for ya this moring.  Hope you're hanging in there!

darkglow

Quote from: Jon T. on Jan 27, 2011, 09:13 AM
What a show!  They played "Putting People on the Moon" second, I think.  Anyway, completely blew the roof off of the place.   Slowed down a little in the middle while playing some of their new tunes that people were unfamiliar with, but ended pretty strong.  I couldn't keep saying to myself, "i fucking love rock and roll".   8)  Awesome night.   Good meeting and meeting up with JT.  Good times.  I know 5am came early for ya this moring.  Hope you're hanging in there!

5AM came REEEEAL early

Penny Lane

Quote from: darkglow on Jan 27, 2011, 02:17 PM

5AM came REEEEAL early

sounds like a great night!
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

Jon T.

Quote from: Penny Lane on Jan 27, 2011, 03:05 PM

5AM came REEEEAL early

Here are some pictures for ya, Penny. http://www.gopensacola.com/apps/pbcs.dll/gallery?Avis=E6&Dato=20110127&Kategori=GOPENSACOLA08&Lopenr=101270801&Ref=PH
Futurebirds were pretty awesome, as well.  I wish I would have seen a little more of them.

JT-I got in around 1:30 and woke up at 6ish to my son sliding into bed with me and asking if I want to watch cartoons with him.  There's really only one answer to that question.  So much for taking the day off.  I have no doubt my wife put him up to it.   ;D

Penny Lane

Quote from: Jon T. on Jan 27, 2011, 03:17 PM
Quote from: Penny Lane on Jan 27, 2011, 03:05 PM

5AM came REEEEAL early

Here are some pictures for ya, Penny. http://www.gopensacola.com/apps/pbcs.dll/gallery?Avis=E6&Dato=20110127&Kategori=GOPENSACOLA08&Lopenr=101270801&Ref=PH
Futurebirds were pretty awesome, as well.  I wish I would have seen a little more of them.

JT-I got in around 1:30 and woke up at 6ish to my son sliding into bed with me and asking if I want to watch cartoons with him.  There's really only one answer to that question.  So much for taking the day off.  I have no doubt my wife put him up to it.   ;D

Great pictures! Love #28..thanks for sharing.

Penny Lane

Tomorrow night at the Bowery Ballroom ....Brooke, Headhunter, moi... :beer:

Also, they're on Jimmy Fallon tomorrow night, the day the album drops.

wolof7

I have never really listened to this band, no particular reason why. Even saw them at a festival once and they seemed pretty good.

Where should I start? It seems that Brighter than Creation's Dark, The Big To-Do and A Blessing and a Curse are all available through my local library consortium, love the f-ing library.

Also I didn't see anyone post this link but their new disc is streaming here:

http://www.spinner.com/new-releases#/2
Oh, I will dine on honey dew And drink the Milk of Paradiseeeee

headhunter

Tonight's the Night.  Haven't been this excited for a show since MMJ at T5.

I already know tomorrow is gonna require a couple of extra cups of coffee.
was some shakin' and some record playin'

Ruckus

Have fun tonight guys! :)  I must wait til Saturday though I am building the urge to attend Friday as well.
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

Penny Lane

Quote from: Ruckus on Feb 15, 2011, 11:08 AM
Have fun tonight guys! :)  I must wait til Saturday though I am building the urge to attend Friday as well.

I dare you.

johnnYYac

Quote from: wolof7 on Feb 15, 2011, 08:40 AM
I have never really listened to this band, no particular reason why. Even saw them at a festival once and they seemed pretty good.

Where should I start? It seems that Brighter than Creation's Dark, The Big To-Do and A Blessing and a Curse are all available through my local library consortium, love the f-ing library.

Also I didn't see anyone post this link but their new disc is streaming here:

http://www.spinner.com/new-releases#/2
I'm basically asking the same question wolof7 asked above.  I don't have one DBT track.  Where should I start?  Make me like them.  Give me an album title to start with.
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.