J Roddy Walston and the Business

Started by Ruckus, Dec 30, 2010, 11:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crispy

Quote from: Ruckus on Mar 16, 2011, 11:08 AM
Quote from: flyguy on Mar 16, 2011, 11:00 AM
J. Roddy Walston & The Business, Double Door, Chicago, IL, 2011-03-12

http://bt.etree.org/details.php?id=543282

Notes: 1st song cuts in, only a few seconds were missed.

I am downloading this right now and it is going pretty fast.  I will leave Vuze open today for seeding.
Sweet, thanks for the headz up Flyguy!   :beer:  This would be my first live recording of theirs.  I convinced my best buddy in Chi who is quite the music fan to check this show out.  He dug it

Cool, I need to get this too -- I think those who don't like these guys just haven't heard them yet.
"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"

EasyRyder

Wow this sounds better than I thought it would! Sounds like it might be a matrix or a SBD pull in a really small club. Thanks Flydude!
"As citizens of eternity we ought to be without anxiety."

capt. scotty

Quote from: flyguy on Mar 12, 2011, 08:31 PM
I kept the setlist on my phone and I had to leave myself "lyrical clues" to figure out the titles of 3 or 4 "bourbon induced unknowns" on my 5 hour drive home today.  On that journey home I spun each of their 2 discs twice (that equals 4)... It helped to pass the time.

Damn, 5hrs is quite the trek for a Roddy show! Glad you enjoyed it. Your setlist looks pretty similar to what I recall from the Burgh show, except we didnt get a Highway to Hell but did get a Caroline.

That Used To Did from Columbus is sick..I wish I ended up going to that show like I had considered. They definitely jam it out a little more when there's a bigger, more into it crowd  >:(

...although being able to rock out during a song from guitar side to bass side and back to center stage without being within a couple feet of anyone had it perks  :bath:
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

jones

Quote from: capt. scotty on Mar 16, 2011, 05:27 PM
Quote from: flyguy on Mar 12, 2011, 08:31 PM
I kept the setlist on my phone and I had to leave myself "lyrical clues" to figure out the titles of 3 or 4 "bourbon induced unknowns" on my 5 hour drive home today.  On that journey home I spun each of their 2 discs twice (that equals 4)... It helped to pass the time.

Damn, 5hrs is quite the trek for a Roddy show! Glad you enjoyed it. Your setlist looks pretty similar to what I recall from the Burgh show, except we didnt get a Highway to Hell but did get a Caroline.

Caroline was one of the tunes that I hoped to hear, but didn't.  That and Sally Bangs(do they play that anymore?).  Cincy is actually about 3.5 for me, but I had to drop the Mrs. off in Lexington "on the way home" which is where the extra 1.5 came from.  Definitely worth the trip.

darkglow

Quote from: flyguy on Mar 16, 2011, 11:20 AM
Quote from: Ruckus on Mar 16, 2011, 11:08 AM

http://bt.etree.org/details.php?id=543282

Notes: 1st song cuts in, only a few seconds were missed.

I am downloading this right now and it is going pretty fast.  I will leave Vuze open today for seeding.
Sweet, thanks for the headz up Flyguy!   :beer:  This would be my first live recording of theirs.  I convinced my best buddy in Chi who is quite the music fan to check this show out.  He dug it
It hasn't been tough for me to turn several people on to them.  Thanks again, Ruckus!

Here's the setlist for the recording:

1. Don't Break The Needle
2. Full Growing Man
3. I Don't Wanna Hear It
4. Pigs And Pearls
5. Uh Oh Rock And Roll
6. Brave Man's Death
7. Lucille
8. Use Your Language
9. Used To Did

I'm listening on computer speakers, but it sounds pretty good so far.  Sounds like the bass is there and the highs seem nice and crisp on these 2" tweeters.

this is an AWESOME recording..

WOW

TheBigChicken

Signed up a btree account and still no music...what am I doing wrong ? :(
the fruit bats love makin' made all the kids cry

EasyRyder

Quote from: TheBigChicken on Mar 16, 2011, 09:57 PM

Do you have BitTorrent or any of the other "file sharing applications"? I used BitTorrent and clicked on the download link (on the bt.etree.org site) and it worked purrrfectly.

If you do need BitTorrent it's fo freee: http://www.bittorrent.com/

jones

Quote from: TheBigChicken on Mar 16, 2011, 09:57 PM
Try a torrent app such as Vuze:

http://www.vuze.com/

That should get you going!

The Ditchrider

I'm really diggin' this band...thanks!

Ruckus

Hot Damn!  This sounds as good as any live bootleg I've ever heard! :thumbsup:
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

darkglow

Quote from: Ruckus on Mar 17, 2011, 12:32 AM
Hot Damn!  This sounds as good as any live bootleg I've ever heard! :thumbsup:

how i wish i were starting my weekend off right tonight at the secret "rachael ray house party" in austin with j roddy playing a "best buds" party show at 7:45 (per jroddy twitter/facebook)

EasyRyder

Just did my first business with the Business  :D :D :D

8 dollar tickets, and they're headlining the Star Bar in Atlanta. S'gonna be a good Friday!
I hope they play Caroline for my lady friend that I'll be bringin'. Her name is Caroline  ;D

darkglow

Quote from: EasyRyder on Mar 20, 2011, 10:40 PM
Just did my first business with the Business  :D :D :D

8 dollar tickets, and they're headlining the Star Bar in Atlanta. S'gonna be a good Friday!
I hope they play Caroline for my lady friend that I'll be bringin'. Her name is Caroline  ;D

i gotta hunch that jroddy and the biz are gearing for an announcement sayin they've been added to some major festival

i hope it's hangout fest

EasyRyder

I'm hoping for the same thing. Looks like Hangout still has a few more additions to make, but it might just be wishful thinking.

J Roddy posted on facebook a while back that they needed street teams for a bunch of Southern cities but no Southern dates have popped up since....we shall see

darkglow

Quote from: EasyRyder on Mar 21, 2011, 12:03 AM
I'm hoping for the same thing. Looks like Hangout still has a few more additions to make, but it might just be wishful thinking.

J Roddy posted on facebook a while back that they needed street teams for a bunch of Southern cities but no Southern dates have popped up since....we shall see

jroddy (or whoever posts on his facebook page) posted this on March 2

"where would be the best place to get all 7,000 of us together? you know to party on it and hug it out....no regrets."

EasyRyder

Here's a decent concert review and some AWESOME pictures from that Double Door show:

http://www.lostinconcert.com/j-roddy-walston-and-the-business-at-the-double-door/

This one is my favorite:

EasyRyder

New torrent up from 2011-02-19 DC show opening for the DBT's  :D :D :D :D I don't know if anyone's posted this yet or not.

And I think it sounds just as good as the Double Door recording. It definitely sounds like J Roddy didn't have as much trouble with the mic-stand  ;D:

http://bt.etree.org/details.php?id=542654

I'll keep seeding it for a while to help anyone along, there's 3 right now.

Tracklist:
1. Uh Oh Rock 'N' Roll
2. Full Growing Man
3. I Don't Wanna Hear It
4. Lucille
5. Caroline
6. Brave Man's Death
7. The Times Are A Staying
8. Rock And Roll the Second
9. Used To Did

Ruckus

Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

Crispy

"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"