Started by Ruckus, Dec 30, 2010, 11:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crispy

Got my J Roddy and the Bizness on vinyl! It is A-W-E-S-O-M-E
"...the Bear, Heartbreakin' Man, Evelyn...I think we all know those."

EasyRyder

Quote from: Crispy on Apr 07, 2011, 10:11 PM

does it sound noticeably better than the CD or is it one of those vinyls that doesn't translate much differently??

Maybe I should judge by "A-W-E-S-O-M-E" that it does sound better, but I gotta know the specs before I invest my monies  ::) I hate being a cautious buyer...
"As citizens of eternity we ought to be without anxiety."

Crispy

Quote from: EasyRyder on Apr 07, 2011, 10:40 PM
Quote from: Crispy on Apr 07, 2011, 10:11 PM

does it sound noticeably better than the CD or is it one of those vinyls that doesn't translate much differently??

Maybe I should judge by "A-W-E-S-O-M-E" that it does sound better, but I gotta know the specs before I invest my monies  ::) I hate being a cautious buyer...

Well, I can't really say, because I don't have the CD and I've only listened to it digitally on headphones. But I generally think everything sounds better in analog, and this record does sound A-W-E-S-O-M-E coming out of the big stereo speakers, so I'll just go ahead and say yeah, the vinyl's better.

EasyRyder

I shouldn't have even questioned the greatness!! Looks like the bank account will be taking a hit in the AM  ;D can't wait to hear it, thx for the help too

P.S. On an unrelated note, I never posted anything about my first J Roddy show a couple weeks ago, but it was easily one of my most memorable live experiences in a while.

They played Caroline (I was really hoping for that one), and KILLED Use Your Language (their lead guitarist blew me away that night). J Roddy lost his cookies after the Used To Did closer and smashed his piano stool into a couple pieces all Who-ishly...hopefully they'll point that van southwards again sooner than later! 
"As citizens of eternity we ought to be without anxiety."

Ruckus

Quote from: EasyRyder on Apr 08, 2011, 12:06 AM
I shouldn't have even questioned the greatness!! Looks like the bank account will be taking a hit in the AM  ;D can't wait to hear it, thx for the help too

P.S. On an unrelated note, I never posted anything about my first J Roddy show a couple weeks ago, but it was easily one of my most memorable live experiences in a while.

They played Caroline (I was really hoping for that one), and KILLED Use Your Language (their lead guitarist blew me away that night). J Roddy lost his cookies after the Used To Did closer and smashed his piano stool into a couple pieces all Who-ishly...hopefully they'll point that van southwards again sooner than later!
Kickass JP!  I was wondering if you went or not.  8 bucks well spent? ;)
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

TheBigChicken

These guys play in a TOTAL dive satorday night in St Pete for 10 bucks. From what I've read on this board I'm going. If aany of you want to make a roadis you can crash at my house.....the little lady went out of town for a week TODAY :thumbsup:....They're playing at Daves Aqua Lounge = HOLE IN THE WALL...make the drive peeps.....I have an extra bed and a couch and your'e ALL WELCOME !!!!!!! shoot me a pm......I'm the designated driver and I'll show you a GOOD time...........Ruckus..........?
the fruit bats love makin' made all the kids cry

TheBigChicken

http://www.davesongandy.info/DavesHome_Page.php   browse the lounge...this should be epic right..soup.....come out of the woodwork.....my leprosy is in remission....I swear...gonna find me a digital camera...teeny joint....we use to drive to "Daves " at 4 am for beer :-\ :bath:...note the liqour store IS patrt of "the Lounge" :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D I AM and WILL probably fly SOLO ...as usual....manage to scare SOME pwople. My sincere apologies...for what I don't know ??? :(....if anyone wants to go .help a little with gas money and I pick uo and take you home (your house) unless your from out of town and you can drink ALL YOU WANT.....dont care , but dont want to BABTSIT either. NO drinking and driving  here.....cant wait

MarkW

Quote from: TheBigChicken on Apr 08, 2011, 08:00 AM
http://www.davesongandy.info/DavesHome_Page.php   browse the lounge...this should be epic right..soup.....come out of the woodwork.....my leprosy is in remission....I swear...gonna find me a digital camera...teeny joint....we use to drive to "Daves " at 4 am for beer :-\ :bath:...note the liqour store IS patrt of "the Lounge" :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D I AM and WILL probably fly SOLO ...as usual....manage to scare SOME pwople. My sincere apologies...for what I don't know ??? :(....if anyone wants to go .help a little with gas money and I pick uo and take you home (your house) unless your from out of town and you can drink ALL YOU WANT.....dont care , but dont want to BABTSIT either. NO drinking and driving  here.....cant wait

I estimate this post was made about six hours after the missus left town.  :beer: :thumbsup: ;D
The trouble with the straight and the narrow is it's so thin, I keep sliding off to the side

Crispy

Quote from: MarkW on Apr 08, 2011, 08:12 AM
http://www.davesongandy.info/DavesHome_Page.php   browse the lounge...this should be epic right..soup.....come out of the woodwork.....my leprosy is in remission....I swear...gonna find me a digital camera...teeny joint....we use to drive to "Daves " at 4 am for beer :-\ :bath: ...note the liqour store IS patrt of "the Lounge" :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D I AM and WILL probably fly SOLO ...as usual....manage to scare SOME pwople. My sincere apologies...for what I don't know ??? :( ....if anyone wants to go .help a little with gas money and I pick uo and take you home (your house) unless your from out of town and you can drink ALL YOU WANT.....dont care , but dont want to BABTSIT either. NO drinking and driving  here.....cant wait

I estimate this post was made about six hours after the missus left town.  :beer: :thumbsup: ;D

HA! I think you're right -- and wouldn't Mrs. Chicken get a kick out of these posts? DAMN, I wish I was out there! Ruckus, you'd better go.

Penny Lane

Quote from: TheBigChicken on Apr 08, 2011, 07:20 AM
These guys play in a TOTAL dive satorday night in St Pete for 10 bucks. From what I've read on this board I'm going. If aany of you want to make a roadis you can crash at my house.....the little lady went out of town for a week TODAY :thumbsup:....They're playing at Daves Aqua Lounge = HOLE IN THE WALL...make the drive peeps.....I have an extra bed and a couch and your'e ALL WELCOME !!!!!!! shoot me a pm......I'm the designated driver and I'll show you a GOOD time...........Ruckus..........?

;D ;D Chicken--you're gonna love them.
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

Penny Lane

Quote from: EasyRyder on Apr 08, 2011, 12:06 AM

that's my favorite

Ruckus

Quote from: Crispy on Apr 08, 2011, 08:51 AM
Quote from: MarkW on Apr 08, 2011, 08:12 AM
http://www.davesongandy.info/DavesHome_Page.php   browse the lounge...this should be epic right..soup.....come out of the woodwork.....my leprosy is in remission....I swear...gonna find me a digital camera...teeny joint....we use to drive to "Daves " at 4 am for beer :-\ :bath: ...note the liqour store IS patrt of "the Lounge" :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D I AM and WILL probably fly SOLO ...as usual....manage to scare SOME pwople. My sincere apologies...for what I don't know ??? :( ....if anyone wants to go .help a little with gas money and I pick uo and take you home (your house) unless your from out of town and you can drink ALL YOU WANT.....dont care , but dont want to BABTSIT either. NO drinking and driving  here.....cant wait

HA! I think you're right -- and wouldn't Mrs. Chicken get a kick out of these posts? DAMN, I wish I was out there! Ruckus, you'd better go.
Sounds like a blast!  Maybe Penny'll pick me up on the way down the coast.  That's quite a trek down there.  I was gonna man up and make a go but then I saw that Chicken won't babysit me.  Dealkiller right there ;)  Crispy knows ;D  Thanks for the generous offer of hospitality.

I hope you make it John!  It may not be epic but it'll be 80-90 minutes of ROCK n' ROLL! :thumbsup:

he.who.forgets

I'm contemplating driving down to Orlando for their set tonight...I cant make the St. Pete or Gville gig.  Anyone else going?

Penny Lane

Quote from: Ruckus on Apr 08, 2011, 09:55 AM
Sounds like a blast!  Maybe Penny'll pick me up on the way down the coast.  That's quite a trek down there.  I was gonna man up and make a go but then I saw that Chicken won't babysit me.  Dealkiller right there ;)  Crispy knows ;D  Thanks for the generous offer of hospitality.

I hope you make it John!  It may not be epic but it'll be 80-90 minutes of ROCK n' ROLL! :thumbsup:

wow, you're brave~ i haven't had a car in 8 years..will you really ride with me?  are the pedals still the same? right-gas, left brake? clutch thing, neutral thing?  ;) :) ha

jones

TheBigChicken

WHOA......good ole fashion rock n roll for sure.....guitar player was and IS on fire and SO was JRoddy....high energy....dude is a trip....sucked going by myself but oh well it was great getting out of the house

Ruckus

Well, here it is.  Lolla and Bonnaroo finally announced along with Allgood among others.  Looking forward to hitting one DC and one of the two hometown shows in late May.

Hey Wolof!  I thought you might dig the Pawtucket date with MacCauley

http://charmcitycurrent.com/partyonit/2011/04/13/the-rotating-residencies/
4/20 – Washington, D.C. @ Rock n' Roll Hotel (w/ Johnny Corndawg)
4/22 – Philadelphia, PA @ Northstar Bar (w/Local H)
4/26 – Charlottesville, VA @ The Southern
4/27 – Washington, D.C. @ Rock n' Roll Hotel (w/ Deleted Scenes)
4/28 – Philadelphia, PA @ Northstar Bar (w/ Matermathu)
5/2 – Brooklyn, NY @ Brooklyn Bowl (w/ The Features)
5/3 – Hoboken, NJ @ Maxwell's (w/ The Features)
5/4 – Washington, D.C. @ Rock n' Roll Hotel (w/ The Features)
5/5 – Philadelphia, PA @ Northstar Bar (w/ Features and Toy Soldiers)
5/6 – Lancaster, PA @ The Chameleon Club
5/9 – Brooklyn, NY @ Brooklyn Bowl (w/ These United States and the Features)
5/10 – Pawtucket, RI @ The Met Cafe (w/ John McCauley from Deer Tick)
5/11 – Washington, D.C. @ Rock n' Roll Hotel (w/ These United States)
5/12 – Philadelphia, PA @ Northstar Bar (w/ These United States)
5/13 – Morgantown, WV @ 123 Pleasant St
5/14 – West Chester, PA @ The Note
5/16 – Brooklyn, NY @ Brooklyn Bowl (w/ These United States)
5/23 – Brooklyn, NY @ Brooklyn Bowl (w/ Gunfight)
5/30 – Brooklyn, NY @ Brooklyn Bowl

wolof7

Quote from: Ruckus on Apr 14, 2011, 09:07 AM
Well, here it is.  Lolla and Bonnaroo finally announced along with Allgood among others.  Looking forward to hitting one DC and one of the two hometown shows in late May.

Im there, thanks Ruckus!
Oh, I will dine on honey dew And drink the Milk of Paradiseeeee

mahg33ta

Quote from: wolof7 on Apr 14, 2011, 09:39 AM
Quote from: Ruckus on Apr 14, 2011, 09:07 AM

Im there, thanks Ruckus!

i plan to be there too

wolof7

I'll double post my thank you Ruckus, this news is the capstone to a great week! So excited for this show; 8 bucks? Dem dogs'll hunt!  :D
Oh, I will dine on honey dew And drink the Milk of Paradiseeeee