J Roddy Walston and the Business

Started by Ruckus, Dec 30, 2010, 11:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bold99

Quote from: wolof7 on May 09, 2011, 07:42 PM
RI show tomorrow night!!! f-ing psyched....rollin 10 deep! Don't know how it happened cept got 3-4 of my friends into them when the show was announced, then they got some peeps into them and so it goes!!! It's a testament to the band cos that never happens with my friends, they usually don't care bout hittin up shows with me....Willin to meet up with some MMJ forum friends as well lemme know who is comin!!! :beer:

This happened to me as well...thought I was going with one person...now might have 6.  My buddy is photographing the show as well...can't wait to see Joe Fletcher also.
Last Fair Deal Gone Down...

wolof7

Quote from: bold99 on May 09, 2011, 08:31 PM
Quote from: wolof7 on May 09, 2011, 07:42 PM
RI show tomorrow night!!! f-ing psyched....rollin 10 deep! Don't know how it happened cept got 3-4 of my friends into them when the show was announced, then they got some peeps into them and so it goes!!! It's a testament to the band cos that never happens with my friends, they usually don't care bout hittin up shows with me....Willin to meet up with some MMJ forum friends as well lemme know who is comin!!! :beer:

This happened to me as well...thought I was going with one person...now might have 6.  My buddy is photographing the show as well...can't wait to see Joe Fletcher also.

Noice Mang,

glad to be supportin the band!

you gettin tix at the door? I was gonna get them beforehand but figured there's no increase in price as per the met website. Also what time? I've seen both doors 7 show 8 and doors 8 show 9? either way prob will make my way in round 9-930ish
Oh, I will dine on honey dew And drink the Milk of Paradiseeeee

capt. scotty

I was considering trying to hit up a show sometime soon, but I just looked on their facebook and it says theyre playing Pittsburgh June 7th (no venue named)...Well, thats cool but confusing
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

Ruckus

Quote from: bold992006 on Apr 19, 2011, 08:31 AM
Quote from: wolof7 on Apr 17, 2011, 02:52 PM
Quote from: Ruckus on Apr 16, 2011, 11:06 PM
Quote from: bold99 on Apr 16, 2011, 09:58 PM
Quote from: wolof7 on Apr 14, 2011, 09:39 AM
Quote from: Ruckus on Apr 14, 2011, 09:07 AM
Well, here it is.  Lolla and Bonnaroo finally announced along with Allgood among others.  Looking forward to hitting one DC and one of the two hometown shows in late May.

Hey Wolof!  I thought you might dig the Pawtucket date with MacCauley

http://charmcitycurrent.com/partyonit/2011/04/13/the-rotating-residencies/
4/20 – Washington, D.C. @ Rock n' Roll Hotel (w/ Johnny Corndawg)
4/22 – Philadelphia, PA @ Northstar Bar (w/Local H)
4/26 – Charlottesville, VA @ The Southern
4/27 – Washington, D.C. @ Rock n' Roll Hotel (w/ Deleted Scenes)
4/28 – Philadelphia, PA @ Northstar Bar (w/ Matermathu)
5/2 – Brooklyn, NY @ Brooklyn Bowl (w/ The Features)
5/3 – Hoboken, NJ @ Maxwell's (w/ The Features)
5/4 – Washington, D.C. @ Rock n' Roll Hotel (w/ The Features)
5/5 – Philadelphia, PA @ Northstar Bar (w/ Features and Toy Soldiers)
5/6 – Lancaster, PA @ The Chameleon Club
5/9 – Brooklyn, NY @ Brooklyn Bowl (w/ These United States and the Features)
5/10 – Pawtucket, RI @ The Met Cafe (w/ John McCauley from Deer Tick)
5/11 – Washington, D.C. @ Rock n' Roll Hotel (w/ These United States)
5/12 – Philadelphia, PA @ Northstar Bar (w/ These United States)
5/13 – Morgantown, WV @ 123 Pleasant St
5/14 – West Chester, PA @ The Note
5/16 – Brooklyn, NY @ Brooklyn Bowl (w/ These United States)
5/23 – Brooklyn, NY @ Brooklyn Bowl (w/ Gunfight)
5/30 – Brooklyn, NY @ Brooklyn Bowl

Im there, thanks Ruckus!

not sure but I know the 5/10 Met date Joe Fletcher and the Wrong Reasons are opening up...who always play with Deer Tick..but I didn't see McCauley on the bill??
Yeah Bold, you're more in the know about them.  I just took this off of Colmus' (J Roddy's Drummer) blog.  I figured they've become such good friends since they toured together that McCauley was doing 'em a hometown favor to bring in the crowds because I know they haven't made as much of a dent in the NE (Boston etc.) market yet.  Maybe it's just Joe Fletcher now.

EDIT:  Just asked them on FB.  Hopefully an answer comes of it

I wouldn't be surpised if The Wrong Reasons also open, they have played with the Tick in the past seems like they are all pretty close. In fact they opened the War Elephant re-release show with Those Darlins several years back and it was a blast. Both openers would go well with the Bizness and Deertick is playing NH 2 days earlier so it seems that they'll be around.

P.S. anyone else friends with Deertick on FB? They posted something that they are going into the studio in a few days and taking cover song suggestions!!! :thumbsup:

PS Deer Tick is playing the Met..same venue, on 4/28 I believe with Johnny Corndawg.
Tick will be there tonight according to fb.  Don't know if they are playing.
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

wolof7

I figured Deertick would make an appearance as they have been recording their new album down the street at Machines with Magnets studios, gotta get my drinkin pants on this is gonna be a night!

If any peeps'll be there I look like the guy in the first post of the last page of the memberpics thread, and I'll be wearing that blue bear shirt  :beer:

wolof7

Incredible stuff last night. Only round 50-70 people there. My neck hurts like hell today. J Roddy was very nice and gracious. Not many other words I can say, just a great show, fun time, rock n roll.

Set (possibly out of order in the middle)
I Don't Wanna Hear It
Full Growing Man
Lucille
Don't Break the Needle
Sally Bangs
Don't Get Old
Pigs  & Pearls
Into>Brave Man's Death>insane ending jam
NEW SONG! (Really great Stuff, possibly about going off to art school)
Caroline
Uh Oh R & R
Use Your Language

ENCORE:
The Times Are a Staying
Used to Did

Also talked briefly with Ian and Chris from Deer Tick and both expresseed their pleasure with the new record which they finished recording yesterday! Ian said it should drop this fall....Joe Fletcher and the Wrong Reasons were good as always.

Penny Lane

Quote from: wolof7 on May 11, 2011, 10:17 AM
Incredible stuff last night. Only round 50-70 people there. My neck hurts like hell today. J Roddy was very nice and gracious. Not many other words I can say, just a great show, fun time, rock n roll.

Set (possibly out of order in the middle)
I Don't Wanna Hear It
Full Growing Man
Lucille
Don't Break the Needle
Sally Bangs
Don't Get Old
Pigs  & Pearls
Into>Brave Man's Death>jam
NEW SONG! (Really great Stuff)
Caroline
Uh Oh R & R
Use Your Language

ENCORE:
The Times Are a Staying
Used to Did

Also talked briefly with Ian and Chris from Deer Tick and both expresseed their pleasure with the new record which they finished recording yesterday! Ian said it should drop this fall....Joe Fletcher and the Wrong Reasons were good as always.

got my vinyl copy last night
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

EasyRyder

J Roddy's set time directly conflicts with Buffalo Springfield at Roo!! Are any of you J Roddy freaks going to Roo, and if so, what are you going to doo??

I love Buffalo Springfield, and it's fucki* Neil Young.......

HELP
"As citizens of eternity we ought to be without anxiety."

Ruckus

Quote from: EasyRyder on May 13, 2011, 01:35 PM
J Roddy's set time directly conflicts with Buffalo Springfield at Roo!! Are any of you J Roddy freaks going to Roo, and if so, what are you going to doo??

HELP
Buffalo Springfield man!  You'll see JRoddy plenty o times
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

EasyRyder

Quote from: Ruckus on May 13, 2011, 01:41 PM
Quote from: EasyRyder on May 13, 2011, 01:35 PM

HELP
Buffalo Springfield man!  You'll see JRoddy plenty o times

Okay that's what I was leaning towards...I just needed someone's blessing, thanks for the sagacity.

It's still going to kill me though when Springfield is moaning Broken Arrow and I can hear Used to Did burning down the Cafe Where?

ALady

Rough slot for the Business.   :P
if it falls apart or makes us millionaires

capt. scotty

Quote from: ALady on May 13, 2011, 05:15 PM
Rough slot for the Business.   :P

Dont worry, they like rough slots
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

ALady

I was gonna say I left that one wide open, but...   :embarassed:
if it falls apart or makes us millionaires

Ghosts_on_TV

I dunno. I think I might go see J Roddy. (I know)
Some girls mothers are bigger than others girls mothers...

EasyRyder

Quote from: Ghosts_on_T5 on May 13, 2011, 06:28 PM

I might do 30 minutes with J Roddy and then go catch the last hour of Buffalo Springfield....the only problem is there will be A TON of people at the Which Stage for BS since it's the only thing going on at the time (except for the eminem phans waiting on the rail).

I can't believe I'm complaining about being able to see Buffalo Springfield and J Roddy within the same 1.5 hr time span  ;D

capt. scotty

Quote from: Ghosts_on_T5 on May 13, 2011, 06:28 PM

At first I thought "might?" but then remembered the BSpringfield from the last page. Despite my obvious Roddy fandom, I think I agree. Sure, seeing BS is a once in a lifetime deal (at least for probably 98% of MMJ fans' lifetimes), but for a festy like the Roo that just feels like it would be a downerish, past their prime set. If this was Zeppelin or something getting back together, I get the argument, but yinz all know the Bizness will be in prime form and put on a rockin set.

I also might be leaning that way because Ive never seen a packed and rowdy JRoddy show, but even if I posted here that Id go to see Buffalo Springfield at Roo a month from now, Im guessing that when I was actually there, Id probably overrule and see JRoddy  ;D

EasyRyder

QuoteIm guessing that when I was actually there, Id probably overrule and see JRoddy

It sounds to me like it's all boiling down to be determined by the intoxicant of choice for the evening. ( i.e. if my handle of warm whiskey is gone by Saturday niiiight....etc etc).

capt. scotty

Quote from: EasyRyder on May 13, 2011, 06:57 PM
QuoteIm guessing that when I was actually there, Id probably overrule and see JRoddy

It sounds to me like it's all boiling down to be determined by the intoxicant of choice for the evening. ( i.e. if my handle of warm whiskey is gone by Saturday niiiight....etc etc).

Well, Im not going to Roo (at least I dont think so and now my car needs fixed almost assuredly), but basically thats what I was getting at...Or purely if youre just energized or dragging I think it makes it easier which to go see.

Now that I just thought of it though, considering how much of Bonnaroo is streamed, Im sure it would be much easier to watch BS set after the fact than JRoddy

wolof7

Why no guitar tabs for this band on the interweb? I've searched far and wide through the tabs sites....I would try and figure it out but I am somewhat tone deaf.....anyone figure out some basic chord structures or know where I can find some tabs?

subinai

going to see them at bk bowl tonight