J Roddy Walston and the Business

Started by Ruckus, Dec 30, 2010, 11:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

capt. scotty

tha Bizness is bringing it...that Dont Break the Needle and Lucille were hot!
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

capt. scotty

not a fan of Pigs & Pearls being slowed down.

I like the addition of the lead guitarists falsetto towards the end of Rock and Roll II though
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

BH

dammit forgot about this.  Just logged on.....
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

BH

orange shirt
bald head
jazz hands!

Fuck yeah!
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

mahg33ta

good set- I think they did well.   Loved the Delta Spirit shirt.

Ruckus

Man are they blowing up!  To get a main stage gig at ACL with all those fans.  So happy for them!

Crispy getting all sorts of air time.  Less hot 20 year old girls.  More Crispy!
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

Crispy

Quote from: Ruckus on Sep 17, 2011, 04:03 PM
Man are they blowing up!  To get a main stage gig at ACL with all those fans.  So happy for them!

Crispy getting all sorts of air time.  Less hot 20 year old girls.  More Crispy!

I disagree with this sentiment.

Anyhow, WOOOOOOOOO
"...the Bear, Heartbreakin' Man, Evelyn...I think we all know those."

capt. scotty

Quote from: mahg33ta on Sep 17, 2011, 04:01 PM
good set- I think they did well.   Loved the Delta Spirit shirt.

Yeppers.

Noticed the shirt early on, figured it was DS, but couldnt confirm the "Spirit" until 1 of the last songs.

jones

Quote from: capt. scotty on Sep 17, 2011, 03:43 PM
Whaaaa??? Messing with the tempo? I was unavailable to watch, so please report back....

capt. scotty

Quote from: jones on Sep 17, 2011, 06:15 PM
Whaaaa??? Messing with the tempo? I was unavailable to watch, so please report back....

very noticeably slower, so much so it couldnt have been an accident

EasyRyder

Quote from: capt. scotty on Sep 17, 2011, 07:06 PM
Quote from: jones on Sep 17, 2011, 06:15 PM

very noticeably slower, so much so it couldnt have been an accident

They slowed it down when they played in Birmingham last Saturday too. I think it's an intentional thing.

It sounded cool in a quiet small venue, but I suppose at an outdoor gig it might not come across well.
"As citizens of eternity we ought to be without anxiety."

capt. scotty

I still thought it sounded okay, but its arguably my favorite song on the album. Hate the change

Ruckus

They've done it multiple times before.  I'm not the biggest fan as that is one of my favorite songs.  But, I figure it makes sense to drop one slower tempo song in midset to get people get rehyped for the rockers.  OR they could have just dropped 19 ought 4 or Times or Sally.
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

e_wind

Seeing my first J Roddy show on wednesday. They're closing out Louisvilles summer "Waterfront Wednesday's" concert series. I'm pretty excited
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

jones

WSS2

anyone hitting the NYC show in December?

subinai

WSS2

nice, I am trying to roll with Mrs. WSS, plus 2 others...sweet venue to catch them.  Tiny as far as NYC goes

Murph

Thanks for the heads up, I'll definitely be there....I love Mercury Lounge

WSS2

so pumped for this show - haven't caught a single show since work and bschool apps consumed my life...this is my warmup for MMJ MSG