J Roddy Walston and the Business

Started by Ruckus, Dec 30, 2010, 11:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ruckus

Quote from: Fully on Mar 21, 2012, 04:47 PM
Tonight - ExitIn - Nashville. There will be rock and there will be fun!! I'm going to have to go take a dip to cool down.

:bath:
ooh!  That's gonna be a sweaty headlining set!  Have fun!
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

GO4IT

Anybody going to the Lucero - J. Roddy show at the 9:30 club in DC on April 25?

Fully

Quote from: Ruckus on Mar 21, 2012, 05:27 PM
Quote from: Fully on Mar 21, 2012, 04:47 PM
Tonight - ExitIn - Nashville. There will be rock and there will be fun!! I'm going to have to go take a dip to cool down.

:bath:
ooh!  That's gonna be a sweaty headlining set!  Have fun!

I'm happy to report that ass was shaken and hangover was nonexistent. However, arrival at work was late this morning. I probably would have never listened to this band if it wasn't for this thread. But I have really enjoyed their music. That's one of the things I love about this place is all of the recommendations for bands from other members.

YouAre_GivenToFly

I've got an extra ticket for tomorrow's show in NYC with Lucero @ Webster Hall. Message me if you're interested!
The wind blew me back, via Chicago, in the middle of the night.

Penny Lane

Quote from: YouAre_GivenToFly on Apr 19, 2012, 10:25 AM
I've got an extra ticket for tomorrow's show in NYC with Lucero @ Webster Hall. Message me if you're interested!

Dan--are you still coming? Headhunter, TiredEyes and I are meeting at the Village Pourhouse before the show if you wanna meet up. It's across the street from Webster Hall. I'll try to ask around and see if I can find someone to take your ticket. PM me your  no if you wanna meet up w/us...probably 530-730.
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

bluesky

Have a great time! I would take it if I were there. J Roddy rocks even if you don't know all the words.

BH

Friday night Business in NYC!  I'm jealous!   Enjoy guys.
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

YouAre_GivenToFly

Quote from: Penny Lane on Apr 19, 2012, 11:05 AM

Dan--are you still coming? Headhunter, TiredEyes and I are meeting at the Village Pourhouse before the show if you wanna meet up. It's across the street from Webster Hall. I'll try to ask around and see if I can find someone to take your ticket. PM me your  no if you wanna meet up w/us...probably 530-730.

Me and Jay are still coming up and count me in for a drink!

J Roddy just posted this on fb too....

QuoteFor tomorrow's show in at Webster Hall in New York: Because of some late-night DJ thing happening there, this will be an early one! Doors open at 6:30 and we hit the stage promptly at 7:30, with the whole thing wrapping up by the 10:30pm curfew.

Murph

Quote from: YouAre_GivenToFly on Apr 19, 2012, 12:40 PM

QuoteFor tomorrow's show in at Webster Hall in New York: Because of some late-night DJ thing happening there, this will be an early one! Doors open at 6:30 and we hit the stage promptly at 7:30, with the whole thing wrapping up by the 10:30pm curfew.

I hate that Webster Hall does that.  I would have taken you up on that extra ticket if it wasn't for the early set time.  Kids gotta work though, grind hard or find god

Penny Lane

Quote from: YouAre_GivenToFly on Apr 19, 2012, 12:40 PM

welp. as usual Webster Hall sucks...probably be pre-gaming from 5:30-7 then...

YouAre_GivenToFly

Penny Lane

subinai

headhunter

seeing them tonight  for the 1st time w Penny Lane.  Very excited to see what ya'll have been raving about.
was some shakin' and some record playin'

Ruckus

Quote from: headhunter on Apr 20, 2012, 01:36 PM
seeing them tonight  for the 1st time w Penny Lane.  Very excited to see what ya'll have been raving about.
Enjoy Jeff.  While they are best served in a tiny, whiskey drenched dive club as the main event, they're not bad as an opener either.
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

peafunk31

Stagger & I are hitting up our 1st live J Roddy experience on Sunday night. Super pumped for this!
Homer no function beer well without.

headhunter

Quote from: Ruckus on Apr 20, 2012, 01:44 PM
Quote from: headhunter on Apr 20, 2012, 01:36 PM
Enjoy Jeff.  While they are best served in a tiny, whiskey drenched dive club as the main event, they're not bad as an opener either.

I know you've been singing their praises for a long time know.  Whiskey drenched dive clubs are often the best places to see any good band.  Will report back soon .....

YouAre_GivenToFly

headhunter

J Roddy were awesome opening for Lucero.

1st time seeing them and didn't know there their music but enjoyed their show just as much as Lucero. Great energy.  Need to see them again after I learn some of their songs.

GO4IT

Ms GO4IT, the son-in-law and I will be at the 9:30 club show - J Roddy opening for Lucero - this Wed.  Any other forum faithful attending?