J Roddy Walston and the Business

Started by Ruckus, Dec 30, 2010, 11:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ruckus

Quote from: Murph on Aug 17, 2013, 09:52 PM
I intern for the company that does publicity for JRoddy so I got to hear Essential Tremors already.  I listened to it front to back probably 6x in a row.  It's Fucking Awesome!  Nothing radically different from the first record but definitely a good step forward I think.  I've had 2 or 3 of the songs stuck in my head all week.  Can't wait for it to come out
Awesome!  Can't wait until the record shows up.  Just a heads up but they have two full lengths out, their debut Hail Mega Boys and the follow up S/T.
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

Murph

Quote from: Ruckus on Aug 17, 2013, 10:44 PM
I intern for the company that does publicity for JRoddy so I got to hear Essential Tremors already.  I listened to it front to back probably 6x in a row.  It's Fucking Awesome!  Nothing radically different from the first record but definitely a good step forward I think.  I've had 2 or 3 of the songs stuck in my head all week.  Can't wait for it to come out
Awesome!  Can't wait until the record shows up.  Just a heads up but they have two full lengths out, their debut Hail Mega Boys and the follow up S/T.

Whattt??!  I honestly didn't know that, thanks for the heads up.  Gotta get my hands on that

Jeff Murray

Quote from: Murph on Aug 19, 2013, 12:30 AM

Whattt??!  I honestly didn't know that, thanks for the heads up.  Gotta get my hands on that

I also got the stink eye from Ruckus on this when we saw them play York!!   :wink:
Pretty please with peanut butter pudding surprise on top??

Jeff Murray

I saw they posted today that there will be an exclusive song released on the iTunes version of the album.  I hate when bands do this, especially since I don't use Apple products.  This song is separate from the additional 7" that will come with the vinyl.

Clarkwork

Love this band so far, get a very similar feeling from them when I first heard Jacket
If you don't know for yourself, how could you ever know for me....

Ruckus

Quote from: Jeff Murray on Aug 19, 2013, 02:54 PM
Quote from: Murph on Aug 19, 2013, 12:30 AM

I also got the stink eye from Ruckus on this when we saw them play York!!   :wink:
I blame the drinks you got me :evil:

Tell us what you think of Hail Mega Murph :beer:  There are some classics in there!

subinai

justbcuzido

Quote from: subinai on Aug 23, 2013, 07:31 AM
another new song on AV Club. i cant wait for this album.

http://www.avclub.com/articles/hear-an-exclusive-new-track-from-j-roddy-walston-t,101943/

Loving this tune!

Anyone else going to the Stubbs indoor show (Austin) on Oct 18th?
Mona Lisa must'a had the highway blues, you can tell by the way she smiles.

wolof7

Every song I've heard off this new album is solid gold. Can't wait!  :evil:
Oh, I will dine on honey dew And drink the Milk of Paradiseeeee

GO4IT

I heard sales were strong for the 9:30 club show on Nov. 7 so I ordered my tix today before they sell out.  The next day I have 9th row for John Fogerty at DAR.  These two shows will be a good start to that weekend, to say the least.

subinai

Quote from: GO4IT on Aug 24, 2013, 10:14 PM
I heard sales were strong for the 9:30 club show on Nov. 7 so I ordered my tix today before they sell out.  The next day I have 9th row for John Fogerty at DAR.  These two shows will be a good start to that weekend, to say the least.

that is a great 1, 2 punch of shows. the NY show sold out pretty fast.

Ruckus

So fucking happy for these dudes.  There are bands that just make it before they do anything, there are bands that cut their teeth for a bit locally, then there is these guys.  They've been grinding for so long they deserve every bit of the success they are seeing now.  No matter what the situation such as a dive with 12 people, they never ever mailed it in.  Here's a nice write up from the local paper a month or so back.

http://citypaper.com/news/taking-care-of-business-1.1528488

Jeff Murray

Quote from: Ruckus on Aug 29, 2013, 11:53 PM
So fucking happy for these dudes.  There are bands that just make it before they do anything, there are bands that cut their teeth for a bit locally, then there is these guys.  They've been grinding for so long they deserve every bit of the success they are seeing now.  No matter what the situation such as a dive with 12 people, they never ever mailed it in.  Here's a nice write up from the local paper a month or so back.

http://citypaper.com/news/taking-care-of-business-1.1528488

Good article!  Looking forward to the new album and the Bmore show even more now.

kotchishm

Sometimes when I get in my zone, you'd think I was stoned, but I never as they say, touched the stuf

subinai

kotchishm

Sometimes when I get in my zone, you'd think I was stoned, but I never as they say, touched the stuf

Murph

Quote from: kotchishm on Sep 03, 2013, 12:19 PM
New album streaming

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/j-roddy-walston-rocks-on-essential-tremors-album-premiere-20130903

edit: one listen = my album of the year.

Its definitely up there for me also.  Its only gotten better with more listens

wolof7

YOU GOTTA TAKE IT AS IT COMES!!!!

Brilliant album!

Cant for the vinyl to come in
Oh, I will dine on honey dew And drink the Milk of Paradiseeeee

BH

I was worried they wouldn't be able to create the magic of the self titled.   But I loved this first time thru!    They explored some new territory but still give you the best of the business!  Serious ass kickers, steel guitar, interesting lyrics.....can't wait to share a few drinks with this album!
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

Ruckus

Quote from: BH on Sep 03, 2013, 11:04 PM
I was worried they wouldn't be able to create the magic of the self titled.   But I loved this first time thru!    They explored some new territory but still give you the best of the business!  Serious ass kickers, steel guitar, interesting lyrics.....can't wait to share a few drinks with this album!
Well said.  Three albums in and no missteps.  Nice natural progression.  I've seen a number of these songs live a bunch of times now and was wondering how the album would sound.  Needless to say I'm pretty blown away.  Just great stuff! :thumbsup: :beer: