J Roddy Walston and the Business

Started by Ruckus, Dec 30, 2010, 11:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fully

I prefer Ah Hell. Our school alma mater contains the phrase "All Hail" as well. You can guess what everyone sings. I feel sure that Mr. Walston took that into account, just as he also took into account the need to appease moms when their young daughters sing the song in the car at high decibel levels on a daily basis.

mahg33ta

When we aren't in the house, I permit her to sing oh hell

Fully

When I was her age I loved to sing about Leroy Brown being the baddest man in the whole damn town ;) I think that's completely acceptable.

joey_rogo

J Roddy is currently #1 on my must see list and now word on the street is that they will be playing the Hollow Bar & Kitchen in Albany in January. Good news for us Northeast peeps because it seems like a tour is coming our way.

mahg33ta

Quote from: joey_rogo on Nov 05, 2013, 01:41 PM
J Roddy is currently #1 on my must see list and now word on the street is that they will be playing the Hollow Bar & Kitchen in Albany in January. Good news for us Northeast peeps because it seems like a tour is coming our way.

saw him last night in Boston and loved it.   Had an absolute blast.  Pure fun.

Murph

If anyone is making it to the Deer Tick/J. Roddy show tonight in Philly please report back.  Im sure that'll be one for the ages.

capt. scotty

Quote from: Murph on Nov 06, 2013, 06:34 PM
If anyone is making it to the Deer Tick/J. Roddy show tonight in Philly please report back.  Im sure that'll be one for the ages.

I requested tonight off to see Dr Dog in Charlottesville, but ended up not going. Had I known J Roddy/Deer Tick were in Philly tonight, I definitely wouldve made the drive. Hopefully it was sold out!
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

capt. scotty

Quote from: parkervb on Nov 04, 2013, 10:20 AM
saw J Roddy last week in his new adopted hometown of Richmond, VA at Strange Matter.  Place couldn't have had more than 150-175 people.  Seeing as how it was Halloween, there was definitely a real buzz going around that place.  what a show.  Like someone said, if they aren't rock stars, I don't know who is.

I was planning on going to the Richmond show, but it was soldout once I looked (far too late on my part).

Pretty pissed I missed this one, but we gotta catch another show in the hampton roads area
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

Ruckus

Where were you for Virgin Forest, Dead Confederate, JRoddy, and Deer Tick on NYE at Brooklyn Bowl dude?  That was a fun show :cool:
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

GO4IT

I'm coming back from CA to catch the show on Thursday at the 9:30 club with Ms GO4IT. Who else is going?

Murph

Quote from: Ruckus on Nov 06, 2013, 11:22 PM
Where were you for Virgin Forest, Dead Confederate, JRoddy, and Deer Tick on NYE at Brooklyn Bowl dude?  That was a fun show :cool:

Wow that's right, I forgot that show happened. I begged and pleaded with anyone I could to come with me that night and it didn't work out. I need new friends hahaah

manonthemoon

Quote from: GO4IT on Nov 07, 2013, 02:02 AM
I'm coming back from CA to catch the show on Thursday at the 9:30 club with Ms GO4IT. Who else is going?

I'll be comming solo to the show and I think Rob and Kate.  I have an extra ticket as Alyssa isn't feeling well so if you need one it can be yours.  Cheers.
Alive or Just Breathing

GO4IT

Quote from: manonthemoon on Nov 07, 2013, 06:26 PM
Quote from: GO4IT on Nov 07, 2013, 02:02 AM

I'll be comming solo to the show and I think Rob and Kate.  I have an extra ticket as Alyssa isn't feeling well so if you need one it can be yours.  Cheers.
Shoving off in the next few minutes on the journey to DC to see Hell's Heavy Bells.
See ya soon!

johnnYYac

They're on Letterman Nov. 22nd.
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

BH

I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

GO4IT

Great show at the 9:30 Club last night.  Late show crowd was quite enthusiastic - had to watch out to avoid getting trampled up front during the encore.  J Roddy surfed into the crowd briefly near the end.  Here's my video of Don't Break the Needle.....

J Roddy Walston & The Business - Don't Break the Needle - 9:30 Club, DC - Nov. 7, 2013

GO4IT

I just noticed on the screenshot for this video the J Roddy's hair is virtually straight up in the air, defying the laws of physics.

And on a related anti-gravity theme, you may notice a woman's undergarment decorating the mike center stage.  Ms GO4IT claims it's not hers but I'm not too sure.  J Roddy tossed it back into the crowd in the wee hours of the morning.

joey_rogo

Just bought a J Roddy ticket for $10.27! Reminds me of when Dr Dog had DIRT cheap tickets... or any band that isn't hugely famous yet for that matter.

johnnYYac

Quote from: johnnYYac on Nov 08, 2013, 05:53 PM
They're on Letterman Nov. 22nd.
J. Roddy's Facebook post says it's gonna be Thursday night, so I've got my DVR set for both nights.

The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

mahg33ta

Quote from: joey_rogo on Nov 19, 2013, 02:22 PM
Just bought a J Roddy ticket for $10.27! Reminds me of when Dr Dog had DIRT cheap tickets... or any band that isn't hugely famous yet for that matter.

what show was this?   I went to the band's tour page and only saw 3 shows... couldn't figure out which you'd attend, and for $10?