Main Menu

Phosphorescent

Started by Murph, Jan 12, 2011, 04:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crooney

New live album is tremendous!!!  Vinyl sounds great, highly recommended.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Horace Hucker

Yeah, currently obsessed here. This guy's as good as it gets.

crooney

Pretty surprised at the lack of reaction to this release....maybe people are just taking their time to properly digest it.  IMHO, a classic modern day live album, a la Okonokos!!  I love it.

LBSUNFLWR

EverythingChanges

I've listened to it a few times, and love it.  I think it's quiet right now, because everyone is eagerly waiting for new MMJ.  Must have new MMJ...
I wonder why we listen to poets when nobody gives a fuck

vespachick

There was another thread where people (me included) were praising it (except for Chode's wife, who is dead to me ;)).  I love Phossy, and I love Music Hall a lot, and I know there are plenty of people here who agree.
My jacket's gonna be cut slim and checked

BH

South (Of America) makes me want to quit my job, move to a deserted island and do nothing but drink (beer), eat (watermelon) and pro-create.   (If that makes you feel any better.)

I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

thepennylane

Just ordered this. Thanks for reminding me!

vespachick

Quote from: thepennylane on Feb 27, 2015, 11:02 AM

Since when are you a newb, penny?

thepennylane

it's kind of how you get your virginity back if you've gone long enough without..

and I can't remember my password, can someone reset it so it doesn't look like I started liking the band after 2012 or something?

e_wind

who is this person who's opinions don't matter flapping her jaw about virginity?
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

vespachick

Quote from: e_wind on Feb 27, 2015, 12:34 PM
who is this person who's opinions don't matter flapping her jaw about virginity?

Wild speculation about her virginity, Ewind.  Usually we speak more kindly around here.
:drum:

Murph

Wow Penny Lane reminds me of the good old days around here, nice to see you back.

And this album is scary good. It takes a lot for me to spend the money on new vinyls but this one is a no brainer.

Penny Lane

Quote from: Murph on Feb 27, 2015, 04:38 PM

Wow Penny Lane reminds me of the good old days around here, nice to see you back.

And this album is scary good. It takes a lot for me to spend the money on new vinyls but this one is a no brainer.

Thanks, Murph! Great to see familiar people, too!

CC---thanks for re-setting my password! :beer:
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

BH

Don't get me wrong, I'm a big fan of the looping solo version of Wolves, but I had a version of that already from Muchacho De Lujo.   The "full band" version of it from this Live At the Music Hall is awesome.   The lap steel solo is so nice.

And I've hear a LOT of live versions of Los Angeles but this one takes the cake.   

Are you getting a lot of attention now   ahhhhhhahhhhh
Are you bleeding in every direction ain't you now    ahhhhhhahhhhh
Are they covering you up with affection ain't they now    ahhhhhhahhhhh
Are you getting a lot of attention ain't you now
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

vespachick

BH,

Please check your spreadsheet and let me know when the last time he played Mermaid Parade was.  I need to know if I have to start a campaign. (I have a theory that Joe doesn't let him play it anymore).

Your friend,
VC

BH

Quote from: vespachick on Mar 02, 2015, 11:55 AM
BH,

Please check your spreadsheet and let me know when the last time he played Mermaid Parade was.  I need to know if I have to start a campaign. (I have a theory that Joe doesn't let him play it anymore).

Your friend,
VC

I wish I had a Phosy spreadsheet!   He doesn't play much from that album anymore does he?   He seems to focus heavy on current releases with a few favorites from previous albums.   I will look into this....

BH

Well I just stumbled upon this bit of awesome while researching!

https://vimeo.com/23663864

vespachick

Quote from: BH on Mar 02, 2015, 04:09 PM
Quote from: vespachick on Mar 02, 2015, 11:55 AM
BH,

Your friend,
VC

I wish I had a Phosy spreadsheet!   He doesn't play much from that album anymore does he?   He seems to focus heavy on current releases with a few favorites from previous albums.   I will look into this....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PrUg7z3MElU#ws

SVRDhand13

I recently bought the Live from Music Hall vinyl set, which is great because I was at two of those shows in Dec 2013 (one solo, one full band). 
10: T5 (At Dawn, Z, Evil Urges) 11: VA, MSG, 2012: BK, Cap Theater 1-2 15: GovBall, XPN, Beacon 2+3