Main Menu

Phosphorescent

Started by Murph, Jan 12, 2011, 04:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Murph

I know there are a bunch of fans around here.  I've listened to Pride about 3 times today, great snow day record. 

Phosphorescent - My Dove, My Lamb

Hawkeye

On Aquarium Drunkard now, ripe for the pickin' for all you Phos and Neil Young fans!  Not sure that there's much there to offer that the original didn't...perhaps a bit fuller sound...but still worth a listen.

http://www.aquariumdrunkard.com/2011/01/11/phosphorescent-are-you-ready-for-the-country/

We could.

Murph

exist10z

Excited.  Funny thing, I was just at the Phosphorescent site yesterday looking for information on a new release - nothing.  This is good news.
Sisyphus - Just rollin' that rock up the hill, and hoping it doesn't crush me on the way back down..

headhunter

This is good news!  Loved his last album.

was some shakin' and some record playin'

BH

Great news!   Been waiting for this!
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

Penny Lane

but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

e_wind

don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

HansAndreas

Listened to "A Hundred Times Or More" at work today. Great stuff! First time I heard Phosphorescent  :thumbsup:

BH

I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

exist10z

Yeah, I saw the tracklist and video today on Pitchfork.  The first thing I thought listening to the song, is 'damn, has he been in contact with Jim?'.  While it still has the alt-country vibe over the top, there's that beat underneath.  Not that it sounds like Jim's new song, but that he also appears, at least on this song, to be using some different elements.  I dig that though, just like I love the new Jim song, and am looking forward to the album.
Sisyphus - Just rollin' that rock up the hill, and hoping it doesn't crush me on the way back down..

iLikeBeer

Quote from: BH on Dec 10, 2012, 09:03 PM
ahhhhhhh, yes!

http://youtu.be/FcdOLKx2XG8

Nice!  Can't wait for the new album!  I've been jonesin' for some new Phospherescent for some time now!   :thumbsup:

e_wind

shit that song is good

BH

Quote from: e_wind on Dec 14, 2012, 03:01 PM
shit that song is good

Hell yeah!   Isn't it?!   I can't stop playing it.   It's different but yet it TOTALLY feels like Phosphorescent.

e_wind

God I'm getting re-obsessed with Here's To Taking It Easy because of this. I cannot wait for this record!!!

BH

Quote from: e_wind on Jan 28, 2013, 03:00 PM
God I'm getting re-obsessed with Here's To Taking It Easy because of this. I cannot wait for this record!!!

Me too.   I want to buy another Phosphorescent album that I don't have to hold me over.   I have Here's To Taking It Easy, Willie and Pride.   I noticed there are two older albums and an EP.   Are you familiar?   Not sure which to buy.

Murph

Quote from: BH on Jan 28, 2013, 05:00 PM

Me too.   I want to buy another Phosphorescent album that I don't have to hold me over.   I have Here's To Taking It Easy, Willie and Pride.   I noticed there are two older albums and an EP.   Are you familiar?   Not sure which to buy.

Aw Come Aw Wry is as good as anything he's put out.  Joe Tex These Taming Blues, South (Of America), and Full Grown Man are three of the best songs he has

BH

Quote from: Murph on Jan 28, 2013, 05:56 PM
Quote from: BH on Jan 28, 2013, 05:00 PM

Aw Come Aw Wry is as good as anything he's put out.  Joe Tex These Taming Blues, South (Of America), and Full Grown Man are three of the best songs he has

Sold!   Thanks.

e_wind

thanks to a former forumer, and then my own searching:

Philidelphia - March 25th, Johnny Brendas
Pittsburgh - March 27th, Club Cafe
Bloomington - MArch 28th, The Bishop
Denver - March 30th, Hi-Dive
San Franciscio - April 6th, The Independent
Chicago - April 13th, Lincoln Hall
Boston  - April 17th, Brighton Hall
New York - April 18th, Bowery Ballroom

I would assume that there are more details not yet uncovered.

e_wind

And here we go!

2013 TOUR DATES:
03/12-17/13 Austin, TX: SXSW
03/25/13 Philadelphia, PA: Johnny Brenda's
03/26/13 Washington, DC: Rock & Roll Hotel
03/27/13 Pittsburgh, PA: Club Cafe
03/28/13 Bloomington, IN: The Bishop
03/30/13 Denver, CO: Hi Dive
04/01/13 Salt Lake City: Urban Lounge
04/03/13 San Diego, CA: Casbah
04/05/13 Los Angeles, CA: Troubadour
04/06/13 San Francisco, CA: The Independent
04/08/13 Portland, OR: Doug Fir Lounge
04/09/13 Seattle, WA: Turf Club
04/13/13 Chicago, IL: Lincoln Hall
04/15/13 Toronto, ON: Horseshoe Tavern
04/16/13 Montreal, QC: Petit Campus
04/17/13 Boston, MA: Brighton Music Hall
04/18/13 New York, NY: Bowery Ballroom
05/05/13 Kilkenny, IE: Set Theatre (Kilkenny Roots Festival)
05/07/13 Manchester, UK: Ruby Lounge
05/09/13 Brussels, BE: Les Nuits du Botanique – Rotonde
05/10/13 Amsterdam, NL: Bitterzoet
05/11/13 Berlin, DE: Kantine am Berghain
05/12/13 Koln, DE: Blue Shell
05/14/13 Paris, FR: l'espace B
05/15/13 London, UK: Village Underground