Main Menu

Phosphorescent

Started by Murph, Jan 12, 2011, 04:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Come Closer

Muchacho is about to turn 5. What's this guy up to?

MMJTX

i don't know but he's been in the top 5 of live shows i want to see
Anytime

LBSUNFLWR

Yeah I'm ready for another album!!
I've seen him a few times at some small places and I can't wait to see him again.

Two years ago at Forecastle they evacuated the place bc of lightning.  My friends were working and had a tent so we stayed inside during the evacuation. It happened right after Phosphorescent started their set. Before they let people back in he was on stage holding a baby. We got to talk to him for a minute too.

Maybe he's just been busy having children.

iLikeBeer

I was just thinking about Phossy the other day and how they are loooooong overdue for a new record!!!

Murph

LBSUNFLWR

Quote from: Murph on Jul 30, 2018, 09:17 AM
https://www.phosphorescentmusic.com/

New Album, new tour dates.. finally!

Very excited for some new music!!
The tour is not coming close to me but I'll be happy with new music!!

Murph

https://pitchfork.com/thepitch/phosphorescent-interview-parenthood-his-first-album-in-five-years-cest-la-vie/

Pretty good article.  Last guy I would have thought that had kids.  I guess that explains the 5 year hiatus

MMJTX

New album C'est La Vie No. 2 out today!!! just now starting it up at work
Anytime

Murph

Listened to the whole thing on my drive today.  After 1 listen, I was loving it. 

Come Closer

I found this to be pretty underwhelming unfortunately.

robb

Quote from: Osistheones on Oct 05, 2018, 12:37 PM
I found this to be pretty underwhelming unfortunately.

glad to see that i'm not the only one. maybe it'll be a grower, but the early returns are a little discouraging.
some get stoned, some get strange, sooner or later it all gets real.

crooney

love it.  phossy the family man sounds good to these ears.  love the black moon opener. 

Woody

I'm really digging this release. Sounds killer on a good pair of headphones. Well done, Phossy.

Murph

Around the Horn and Beautiful Boy are early favorites.

e-stone

loving this album.  can't wait to see 'em live again next month.  it's been way too long.

Hawkeye

See them live!!!!!  I wasn't too into the new album, thought it was okay...besides Around the Horn, that one's a beast...but saw them live...MIND BLOWN.  It was killer.  Probably helped that I was on the rail, front row center, and I don't do that  too often, but it was a great time.  He reached out and grabbed my buddy's hand while singing, we had a small amount of banter back and forth towards the end of the show...everyone in the crowd was convinced my buddy and I knew Phossy, it was kinda funny.

Then after the show, we meet Nick Swardson in a bar.

Crazy night.

But go see Phossy live, no doubt!
We could.