Bon Iver / Justin Vernon

Started by woodnymph, Jan 12, 2011, 11:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

woodnymph

Hey just thought I'd ignite a Justin Vernon thread for all his different projects, etc.... been listening to a couple tracks off Gayngs - Relayted and just listen to his solo stuff and "For Emma" a lot during the winter..... saw a few people caught him live!! Bet that was an awesome experience!

Also I always enjoy this vid...
Bon Iver - For Emma, Forever Ago - A Take Away Show

I get a real kick out of the Blogotheque videos  8)  Artists just doin' their thing....
Daylight is good at arriving in the night time

Ruckus

Dude is everywhere these days.  Absolutely LOVED his track on Broken Hearts and Dirty Windows and absolutely HATED his work on Kanye's new album.   ;D

Hey Woody, are you familiar with Megafaun?
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

BH

I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

woodnymph

Quote from: BH on Jan 13, 2011, 12:00 AM
Lykke Li and Bon Iver - Dance Dance Dance
OH MAN I love that one!!  :thumbup: :thumbup:

The first Blogotheque I ever saw was Lykke Li with El Perro Del Mar, doing Dance Dance Dance!

woodnymph

Quote from: Ruckus on Jan 12, 2011, 11:57 PM
Dude is everywhere these days.  Absolutely LOVED his track on Broken Hearts and Dirty Windows and absolutely HATED his work on Kanye's new album.   ;D

I may have heard one track by Megafaun, but I don't recall! I'll definitely check them out!! What would you recommend off the git-go??

Sometimes I think I subconsciously "blot out" the word "Kanye," in my mind, when I see it.... as my system's own defense mechanism to.... Kanye things....... or something.... (man I wish we could still change our font colors!!) If I ever hear that I'm missing out by allowing this systematic blockage to take place, I will surely loosen the reins a bit.  :-X

But til then...... I love his track on that tribute album, and no, I didn't think he was on any other albums but that one either  ;)

woodnymph

I am LOVING what I'm hearing so far!!! Grandes muchos gracias for the heads' up!! This is hitting the spotttt!

woodnymph

I meant to say, I dig a lot of jams by Volcano Choir too....

Volcano Choir - "Island, IS" - Unmap

Ruckus

Quote from: woodnymph on Jan 13, 2011, 12:45 AM

I am LOVING what I'm hearing so far!!! Grandes muchos gracias for the heads' up!! This is hitting the spotttt!

Awesome!  So great to hear!  Gather From and Fly is such an eclectic mix of music but I think it really makes sense as a whole as long as you have the patience to give it a chance.  I think it's genius lies in the fact that where the average critic would call it too all over the place or self indulgently diverse, it somehow works as a coherent album.  Oh yeah, all the songs kick ass too! :)
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

kotchishm

Sometimes when I get in my zone, you'd think I was stoned, but I never as they say, touched the stuf

sweatboard

That 50 second clip sounds AMAZING!!  I'm really looking forward to this.
There's Still Time.........

BH

Can't wait for this.  I MUST see him this time around.
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

woodnymph

Oooo this is exciting too!!

SaraBananaBear

♥ Justin Vernon! The Blogotheque stuff, the Lykke Li stuff, all good!  :thumbsup: And a new album, so sweet!  :D
Europe ♥ My Morning Jacket

Randall

tickets for Bon Iver went on sale last friday for Mt. Park in Holyoke, MA and I got 5th row!

kotchishm

Download and stream "Calgary" from the new album for free.

http://boniver.org/

July 30 Richmond, VA hell yes!!!
Sometimes when I get in my zone, you'd think I was stoned, but I never as they say, touched the stuf

ALady

Quote from: Randall on May 16, 2011, 08:11 AM
tickets for Bon Iver went on sale last friday for Mt. Park in Holyoke, MA and I got 5th row!

Niiiiiiice!   :thumbsup:  I think we're about 10th row or so for Chicago.   :)
if it falls apart or makes us millionaires

BH

Quote from: ALady on May 17, 2011, 01:40 PM
Quote from: Randall on May 16, 2011, 08:11 AM

Niiiiiiice!   :thumbsup:  I think we're about 10th row or so for Chicago.   :)

Got an extra?!?!?   ;)    If he doesn't add any dates I may have to drive to Chicago.

ALady

I wish!  If you do come to town that weekend, let me know - great street fests that weekend too   :beer:
if it falls apart or makes us millionaires

Ghosts_on_TV

New album leaked, and word is its glorious.
Some girls mothers are bigger than others girls mothers...

kotchishm

Quote from: Ghosts_on_T5 on May 17, 2011, 10:43 PM
New album leaked, and word is its glorious.

Of course i read this at work.  Now to leave "sick" to download?  Decisions, decisions

EDIT:  Downloaded on phone.  The word was correct, it's glorious.