Bon Iver / Justin Vernon

Started by woodnymph, Jan 12, 2011, 11:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghosts_on_TV

Quote from: kotchishm on May 18, 2011, 09:47 AM
Quote from: Ghosts_on_T5 on May 17, 2011, 10:43 PM
New album leaked, and word is its glorious.

Of course i read this at work.  Now to leave "sick" to download?  Decisions, decisions

EDIT:  Downloaded on phone.  The word was correct, it's glorious.

How do you dl stuff on your phone? Id love to know.
Some girls mothers are bigger than others girls mothers...

kotchishm

Quote from: Ghosts_on_T5 on May 18, 2011, 01:24 PM

Of course i read this at work.  Now to leave "sick" to download?  Decisions, decisions

I have an android (Motorola Atrix 4G) and there is a free torrent client in the Android Market called tTorrent.  So you can download from torrent sites.

Preordered the big vinyl boxset with the Bonnie Raitt covers, t-shirt, and 7'' single to minimize the guilt of downloading the leak.
Sometimes when I get in my zone, you'd think I was stoned, but I never as they say, touched the stuf

Ghosts_on_TV

Quote from: kotchishm on May 18, 2011, 01:57 PM
Quote from: Ghosts_on_T5 on May 18, 2011, 01:24 PM

I have an android (Motorola Atrix 4G) and there is a free torrent client in the Android Market called tTorrent.  So you can download from torrent sites.

Preordered the big vinyl boxset with the Bonnie Raitt covers, t-shirt, and 7'' single to minimize the guilt of downloading the leak.

Nice. I have a Droid phone too (evo 4g), ill have to check that out.

BH

Bon Iver in Fallon tonight.

(Speaking of late night, shouldn't MMJ be on soon somewhere?)
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

sweatboard

What torrent sites are folks using these days?
There's Still Time.........

kotchishm

Quote from: sweatboard on May 23, 2011, 12:06 PM
What torrent sites are folks using these days?

isohunt.com and demonoid.me

Registration is closed for Demonoid so you would have to be previously registered.
Sometimes when I get in my zone, you'd think I was stoned, but I never as they say, touched the stuf

sweatboard

There's Still Time.........

Ghosts_on_TV

Demoniod randomly opens registration,FYI.

patrickbateman

Did anyone see his performance on Jimmy Fallon last night? My God, it was amazing.

http://www.ifc.com/news/2011/05/watch-bon-ivers-brilliant-bonn.php

Randall

Quote from: patrickbateman on May 24, 2011, 05:59 PM
Did anyone see his performance on Jimmy Fallon last night? My God, it was amazing.

http://www.ifc.com/news/2011/05/watch-bon-ivers-brilliant-bonn.php
I consider myself fairly adept at picking out song lyrics.  Even with Jimmy stating that it was Bonnie Raite's "I Can't Make You Love Me" I had to listen to it 3 times and then the original (which I thought i was pretty familiar with) and then another listen to the JV version to get it.  What a unique take on the song!  Great how he mixed in a few lines from "Nick of Time" at the end too!

patrickbateman

Yeah it's sort of like a mix between Bonnie Raitt and Marvin Gaye. Incredible.

It finally convinced me to get tickets to their show at Mountain Park in Holyoke MA. Although it looks like they put seats into that venue? Anyone have any insight on that? Bums me out because I was front row when I saw MMJ there last summer because it was GA.

jonmayo15

Quote from: patrickbateman on May 24, 2011, 08:02 PM
Yeah it's sort of like a mix between Bonnie Raitt and Marvin Gaye. Incredible.

It finally convinced me to get tickets to their show at Mountain Park in Holyoke MA. Although it looks like they put seats into that venue? Anyone have any insight on that? Bums me out because I was front row when I saw MMJ there last summer because it was GA.
For certain shows they put in temporary seats down front until the lawn, while others are full GA. Bon Iver has both tickets on sale for seats and the lawn.

BH

Just noticed Kathleen Edwards is opening all of his European dates.   Damn that would be so good.   I guess she has a new ablum coming out.   

"I Cant Give You Up" and "Lazy Eye" on myspace must be from the new album.  She just melts me.

http://www.myspace.com/kathleenedwards
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

ALady

OMG.

His version of her song "Mercury" is one of my favorite things ever.

I'm sure I've posted it here before, but whatever:

Bon Iver - Mercury (Kathleen Edwards cover)
if it falls apart or makes us millionaires

BH

Sweet!  Thanks.  I've never seen that.  Found this duet after watching the one you posted.

Kathleen Edwards & Justin Vernon (Bon Iver) - Mercury @ Calvin Theatre, Northampton

bowl of soup

My god, that Fallon performance is as good as anything I've ever seen.  Marvin Gaye indeed.
I'm not saying it's easy...walking into sweet oblivion.

BH

Full Stream of new album.

And apparently, Justin and Kathleen are dating and he's producing her next album.   What an amazingly talented couple.    I want to be around their campfires.  I want to babysit their future children. 

http://www.npr.org/2011/06/09/136855313/first-listen-bon-iver-bon-iver

woodnymph

Quote from: BH on Jun 09, 2011, 11:39 AM
Full Stream of new album.

And apparently, Justin and Kathleen are dating and he's producing her next album.   What an amazingly talented couple.    I want to be around their campfires.  I want to babysit their future children. 

http://www.npr.org/2011/06/09/136855313/first-listen-bon-iver-bon-iver
WHOA sweet catch BH!! Thanks for the link!!  Hahahahah
Daylight is good at arriving in the night time

woodnymph

From the NPR website:

"But the journey to familiarity with the record is circuitous to the point of impossibility."

:)
Daylight is good at arriving in the night time

BH

Quote from: woodnymph on Jun 09, 2011, 11:45 AM
From the NPR website:

"But the journey to familiarity with the record is circuitous to the point of impossibility."

:)

Ha!  Nice.    Found this great article as well.   Such a down to earth fella.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/06/05/magazine/who-what-and-where-is-bon-iver.html?pagewanted=1&_r=2&ref=magazine