Song Currently Blowing Your Mind....

Started by sweatboard, Jan 13, 2011, 09:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

buaawwww

At this point in time?

Howlin Rain - "Good Life"

Ghosts_on_TV

Some girls mothers are bigger than others girls mothers...

mjk73

Yep, It was on my best of list last year. great stuff

nuggets

Oh shit, run!

capt. scotty

Its the video moreso than the song, but great song as well. The actual video starts at about 2:45, but its worth listening to it for a minute to understand the concept  8)

Johnny Cash - Ain't No Grave [Official HD] - The Johnny Cash Project
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

the_wizzard

Quote from: capt. scotty on May 27, 2011, 07:03 PM
Its the video moreso than the song, but great song as well. The actual video starts at about 2:45, but its worth listening to it for a minute to understand the concept  8)

Johnny Cash - Ain't No Grave [Official HD] - The Johnny Cash Project

This is an awesome project.  I saw it as an art installation at Sundance Film Fest this year.  I highly suggest you check out the website:
http://www.thejohnnycashproject.com/

he.who.forgets

have recently gotten into Deer Tick and the songs Mange & Not so Dense are amazing!

ManNamedTruth

Heard this jam on the radio today, i wish Santana would go back to his roots and stop making pop songs with Rob Thomas.

Santana ~ No One To Depend On
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

Penny Lane

Sassquatch Wilco show streaming on NPR!

btw, get that NPR music app for your iphones....
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

capt. scotty

Quote from: ManNamedTruth on May 31, 2011, 07:50 PM
Heard this jam on the radio today, i wish Santana would go back to his roots and stop making pop songs with Rob Thomas.

Agreed, of course, but that was at least like 10 years ago. I think he mightve had an album a year or 2 after that, but that was it. That song with Everlast was actually decent as well. All I remember is being like 16 and my boy's sister drove us to the show that tour and we got hammered with them and his parents (his mom was a riot). Show was ok, but he closed with like Black Magic Woman, Oye Como Va, Jingo, Soul Sacrifice, and Evil Ways, IIRC (sadly, no Fried Neckbones). Crowd blew up.

Not an edit but: Checked on things, he actually released 3 albums after Supernatural, all went Top 5, including 1 from last year. Can't say I ever remember hearing about the other 2 (nor am I interested). Wiki also says Supernatural has gone 15X platinum. At least the guy made some kind of good call. (Off topic: dont #1 albums these days only sell like maybe 1mill first week and huge album go like 4-5X platinum?! Crazy. More downloaders than youd think I guess).
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

ManNamedTruth

Quote from: capt. scotty on Jun 01, 2011, 07:20 PM
Quote from: ManNamedTruth on May 31, 2011, 07:50 PM

Agreed, of course, but that was at least like 10 years ago. I think he mightve had an album a year or 2 after that, but that was it. That song with Everlast was actually decent as well. All I remember is being like 16 and my boy's sister drove us to the show that tour and we got hammered with them and his parents (his mom was a riot). Show was ok, but he closed with like Black Magic Woman, Oye Como Va, Jingo, Soul Sacrifice, and Evil Ways, IIRC (sadly, no Fried Neckbones). Crowd blew up.

Not an edit but: Checked on things, he actually released 3 albums after Supernatural, all went Top 5, including 1 from last year. Can't say I ever remember hearing about the other 2 (nor am I interested). Wiki also says Supernatural has gone 15X platinum. At least the guy made some kind of good call. (Off topic: dont #1 albums these days only sell like maybe 1mill first week and huge album go like 4-5X platinum?! Crazy. More downloaders than youd think I guess).

I know it had been awhile since Supernatural but it seemed like he didn't do anything since then, I didn't know about the 2 albums either. It's good he was able to make some money and live comfortably, but I don't really have respect for those songs.

EasyRyder

Taylor Hollingsworth "Westfalia"

Used to play in the Mystic Valley Band with Oberst, and I just saw him play his own incredible stuff the other night. None of his albums are really related to one another, but they're all pretty cool "Folk Art Rock n Roll Punk Blues." Life With a Slow Ear is my favorite.

If you wish to check it out, he puts his albums up for free: http://taylorhollingsworth.com/home.cfm
"As citizens of eternity we ought to be without anxiety."

Eweezy

Taking Back Sunday - El Paso - Directed By Steve Pedulla

The Original Lineup is back and better than ever, I have been waiting for this for 7 years, welcome back John and Shaun.
Yikes!

dragonboy

From Jonathan's hard to find album Gentle Spirit (re-released next month), give this a spin for some beautiful, very fluid, Floyd sounding guitar...

Jonathan Wilson - Natural Rhapsody
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

jakeleprechauns

[url="http://jakeandtheleprechauns.bandcamp.com"]http://jakeandtheleprechauns.bandcamp.com[/url]
www.facebook.com/JakeandtheLeprechauns
@jakeleprechauns

Penny Lane

but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

ManNamedTruth

Always nice to hear a great song come on the radio that you haven't heard in awhile.

Bizarre video but in a good way.
Edwyn Collins 'A Girl Like You'

And a great live old school Conan appearance.
Edwyn Collins- Girl Like You - live Oct1995 Late Night Cone

ChronicHunger

FiddleCastro

I NEEDED IT MOST WHENEVER tbh