Appraisal of 08' RCMH Guy Burwell 1st Edition

Started by king_fire, Jan 25, 2011, 12:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

king_fire

I have an extra copy of Guy Burwell's RCMH MMJ print from 2008.
I checked ExpressoBeans and it doesn't look like one of these prints has been sold since June 09' via EBay... The average sold price is 245.00$ ...

I was wondering what people thought this thing was worth now a days.
Its in mint condition, stored in a flat mylar portfolio since the day of the show.

Thanks for the input... and be on the look out, I might throw this thing up on EBay soon!

e_wind

Throw it on eBay for 50$ buy it now, and text me about 20 minutes before it goes up.  ;)

Thats probably the one poster I want more than any other poster in the world, but I am a broke college kid that can't yet afford to spend so much money. I've been outbid on the Burwell Pearl Jam poster probably 10 times at the last second.
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

johnnYYac

She's a beaut!  I've been thinking about completing the Burwell Portland posters (3 outta 5 so far).  Maybe I'll then head to a full Burwell MMJ collection.  That will be expensive.

The 08 RCMH poster's value spiked in July of that year (one went for $415!).  It then came down to Earth.  I'd start at $100, maybe $150, and it will rise to the current market value.  Of course, what the hell do I know?

Is there a better marketplace for posters than eBay?  I just realized the action on Exresso Beans, though it looks like they keep the listings up long after the poster's been sold or traded. 
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

mahg33ta

There are 2 editions to this poster- a second run was created after the first sold out so quickly.    The first edition is much more valuable.     If you don't know which you have, the first edition is a larger print run - I think 280 vs 125 for the second (just guessing, checking expressobeans for the exact).    My best guess is that the 1st edition is worth $200+ and the 2nd edition $100 - $125.

JY if you are looking to add to your collection, they look almost identical (slight color variation) so buying the 2nd edition is a smart move.

I'm fairly confident in this prices- although this is one of the pricier MMJ posters around, it's not especially rare, and turns up from time to time.    It's pricing some of the rare ones that's hard, and so dependent on whose eyeballs you catch.

It's one of my favorites, too.

tdb810

.....Back at the Model Home

wonderfulman

Northfacd...by any chance do you live in Portland? I just received the RCMH poster as a birthday present from my brother? Greatest fuckin birthday present yet.

johnnYYac

I think I let a 1st edition slip through my fingers tonight.  I wonder if it was the one from north_faced that started this thread.

I was ready to do some last minute bidding wars on the thing, only at $48 with less than an hour to go.  But, I couldn't get my youngest to settle for bed and ended up sitting in a rocking chair in the dark while the RCMH Burwell went for $76. 

Maybe it was one of you.  If so, congrats.  That second edition Penny gave us a head up about went for $100, so not bad...

...unless you're north_faced, perhaps.  I hope $76 kept you ahead of the game.  Sometimes its enough to just break even.

e_wind

John haha! I was the 48$ with a while to go. At 15 seconds I put 75$ and was outbid with no time left

johnnYYac

Quote from: e_wind on Apr 05, 2011, 10:50 PM
John haha! I was the 48$ with a while to go. At 15 seconds I put 75$ and was outbid with no time left
Don't ya hate when that happens.

johnnYYac

Quote from: walterfredo on Apr 06, 2011, 11:22 AM
www.auctionsniper.com 

(kicks arse!)
Yeah, I've heard of such things, but perhaps its just as well I let some of these pass me by.  I spend a lot of $$$ already and have the expanded tour to finance.  Still, seems that poster went for a steal.  I'm guessing the winner used something like auctionsniper, based on what Eric said. 

mahg33ta

Quote from: johnnYYac on Apr 06, 2011, 12:17 PM
Quote from: walterfredo on Apr 06, 2011, 11:22 AM
www.auctionsniper.com 

(kicks arse!)
Yeah, I've heard of such things, but perhaps its just as well I let some of these pass me by.  I spend a lot of $$$ already and have the expanded tour to finance.  Still, seems that poster went for a steal.  I'm guessing the winner used something like auctionsniper, based on what Eric said.

I too was watching that one last night.   Funny to think of all us forumites following an ebay poster.   I REALLY didn't need to spend more money on that poster (I own a 1st and 2nd edition) but couldn't believe how cheaply it was going for.   Then kids' bedtime came and I forgot until shortly after close.   So I raced downstairs to see what it went for.   If I'd bid I would have been around there too.   I agree it's a GREAT price and was hoping one of you guys got it.   Bummer that it wasn't.

e_wind

It is funny that we all wanted it. I as well didn't need to spend 80$ on a poster, so maybe it's not so bad that I didn't waste the cash.

Sweet Nothing

Quote from: johnnYYac on Apr 05, 2011, 09:02 PM
I think I let a 1st edition slip through my fingers tonight.  I wonder if it was the one from north_faced that started this thread.

I was ready to do some last minute bidding wars on the thing, only at $48 with less than an hour to go.  But, I couldn't get my youngest to settle for bed and ended up sitting in a rocking chair in the dark while the RCMH Burwell went for $76. 

Maybe it was one of you.  If so, congrats.  That second edition Penny gave us a head up about went for $100, so not bad...

...unless you're north_faced, perhaps.  I hope $76 kept you ahead of the game.  Sometimes its enough to just break even.

No i don't think so cause the person who acquired it goes by the name woodyland on expessobeans and they already had it in their for sale/trade for about $275 or $250, since then i think they lowered the price cause they only purchased it just to resell i am sure, tried to offer a trade to them but they refused to do so, when i had asked if it was them they were worried i had been out bid by them but just missed it cause i had not checked my email for a few days and missed out on the bidding, i would have dropped $100 on it but missed the auction so not to upset cause i didn't even get to see it 'til the bid was over.  Maybe another down the road sometime.  Hope woodyland is someone on here but doubt it due to their vast collection of posters and think they would have payed more for it cause his bankroll is alot higher then mine ever will be.

Dillsnufus

one of my top regrets was not getting this poster at the mmj show. my first. i thought they were sold out. :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( way to bum me out.
Gazziza My Dillsnufus