What Vinyl Did You Just Buy?

Started by Ruckus, Jan 26, 2011, 08:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Im The Dude

Over the last month or two I've gotten...
Tom Waits - Mule Variations
Bob Dylan - Slow Train Coming
Neil Young - Live Rust, Everybody Knows This Is Nowhere, and Hawks and Doves.

Tom Waits on vinyl is amazing to listen to...this one I got was NEW and came with a photo and free download!
7/9/03 6/8/04 10/4/08 5/2/10 8/27/10 10/18--10/23/10(T5) 8/10/11 8/12/11

Jellyfish

Z ......finally! Now all I need is Okonokos box vinyl set!
The fact that my hearts beating
is all the proof you need

Ruckus

Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

wolof7

Wow Ruckus all of those appeal to me, nice picks, gotta love ELP glad to see you didn't opt for love beach! :thumbsup:

Lemme know how that live mastodon is

Oh, I will dine on honey dew And drink the Milk of Paradiseeeee

Ruckus

Quote from: wolof7 on Apr 21, 2011, 09:35 PM
Wow Ruckus all of those appeal to me, nice picks, gotta love ELP glad to see you didn't opt for love beach! :thumbsup:

Lemme know how that live mastodon is

That Love Beach cover is spectacular!  I haven't listened to Live at the Aragon yet but I watched the live DVD it comes with which I thought was great.  If you like Crack the Skye era, which I do (more proggy), Mastodon, it's pretty money.  If you like older Mastodon, it might leave you wanting a little bit.  I actually bought it as a gift for my girlfriend who is a big fan of them.  It was great spending a night being schooled on the everything Mastodon by her.

Also brought back bad memories of my last show at the Aragon, Widespread around 2000, where I got a massive migraine and spent the second half of the show hanging over a toilet.

wolof7

I will try that out, Crack the Skye is pretty much what I know the best just haven't obtained Blood Mountain or earlier stuff. I've been trying to get into metal but I find myself being very particular around it. Lovin the new Witch Mountain and the Sword (thanks to this board). But some of the black metal NPR has been pushing in recent weeks Allogoch, Kraillice is not for me.

As for ELP just picked up this gem on vinyl last week

The endless enigma part 1 is organ rock at its best!

Ruckus

Quote from: wolof7 on Apr 21, 2011, 09:59 PM
I will try that out, Crack the Skye is pretty much what I know the best just haven't obtained Blood Mountain or earlier stuff. I've been trying to get into metal but I find myself being very particular around it. Lovin the new Witch Mountain and the Sword (thanks to this board). But some of the black metal NPR has been pushing in recent weeks Allogoch, Kraillice is not for me.

As for ELP just picked up this gem on vinyl last week

The endless enigma part 1 is organ rock at its best!

Nice!  I love that we both picked up some ELP in the past week.  I actually love Agalloch, one of the bands I've been listening to a lot lately.  I guess I should check out some Witch Mountain.  I'm not familiar at all. 

wolof7

Be forewarned its a chick lead singer but it I they have long ass songs with lots of riffs.

http://www.myspace.com/witchmountain

Crispy

If I ever see Love Beach at the record store, I'm gonna buy it just so I can burn that bad bitch. I love ELP, but goddamn, they went from moments of brilliance to utter cheese within seconds: From the Beginning --> The Sheriff.

Check out the price for my copy of Trilogy, purchased a few years ago:

"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"

Ruckus

Quote from: Crispy on Apr 21, 2011, 10:42 PM
If I ever see Love Beach at the record store, I'm gonna buy it just so I can burn that bad bitch. I love ELP, but goddamn, they went from moments of brilliance to utter cheese within seconds: From the Beginning --> The Sheriff.

Damn Crispy!  I dropped $2.85 for my ELP.  I gotsta shop in Stilly

Crispy

Quote from: Ruckus on Apr 21, 2011, 10:47 PM

Ha! That $0.99 went to The Finest in Fort Collins, CO, c. 1990.  ;D
"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"

wolof7

Quote from: Crispy on Apr 21, 2011, 10:52 PM

Awesome find Crispy, mine was $2.99 which is generally the cheapest you'll find for decent music at my local In Your ear Records

Seriously though, how awesome is From the Beginning? I don't understand how Lucky Man became their most popular....I can forgive the Sheriff bc I kinda enjoy it, I think I like Trilogy over Brain Salad Surgery but I should give that another listen soon....You with me on Endless Enigma? I rock out pretty dangerously in my sube to that track. If you saw me from outside my car you may think I was listening to Dio or something.

Crispy

Quote from: wolof7 on Apr 22, 2011, 09:53 AM
Quote from: Crispy on Apr 21, 2011, 10:52 PM

Awesome find Crispy, mine was $2.99 which is generally the cheapest you'll find for decent music at my local In Your ear Records

Seriously though, how awesome is From the Beginning? I don't understand how Lucky Man became their most popular....I can forgive the Sheriff bc I kinda enjoy it, I think I like Trilogy over Brain Salad Surgery but I should give that another listen soon....You with me on Endless Enigma? I rock out pretty dangerously in my sube to that track. If you saw me from outside my car you may think I was listening to Dio or something.

I guess demand for ELP records wasn't as high in 1990 as it is these days.  ;)

I'm totally with you on the Endless Enigma -- From the Beginning is definitely one of my favorites, but I really love ELP's instrumental/extended freakout tunes as well as their takes on works by composers like Mussorgsky, Bartok, Copeland, et al.

As for the cheese, The Sheriff isn't a bad tune, but stuff like Benny the Bouncer and Jeremy Bender are pretty cringe-worthy. I do love Brain Salad Surgery, but Karn Evil 9 seems to fall into this category too.

Ruckus

kotchishm

Band of Horses - Everything All the Time

Does anyone else have this?  My pressing seems a little off sounding..
Sometimes when I get in my zone, you'd think I was stoned, but I never as they say, touched the stuf

Ghosts_on_TV

Quote from: kotchishm on Apr 29, 2011, 02:53 PM
Band of Horses - Everything All the Time

Does anyone else have this?  My pressing seems a little off sounding..

I have it. Mine sounds fine though.
Some girls mothers are bigger than others girls mothers...

headhunter

I have it too and think it sounds great. More produced than their last two but good audio quality.
was some shakin' and some record playin'

ManNamedTruth

The Raconteurs - Broken Boy Soldiers
Gram Parsons - GP
Simon & Gafunkel - Bridge Over Troubled Water
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

ManNamedTruth

Quote from: ManNamedTruth on May 09, 2011, 03:48 PM
The Raconteurs - Broken Boy Soldiers
Gram Parsons - GP
Simon & Gafunkel - Bridge Over Troubled Water

So that was a few days ago, today I bought:
The Clash - London Calling
White Stripes - White Blood Cells
It Still Moves Picture Disc ($28!)
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

kotchishm

Dawes - North Hills

Speechless.  I love it.
Sometimes when I get in my zone, you'd think I was stoned, but I never as they say, touched the stuf