Ch. 3: ? ? ?: Early Recordings

Started by johnnYYac, Feb 24, 2011, 11:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnnYYac

In 2004, 2 volumes of demos and B side tracks were released.

Ch. 1: The Sandworm Cometh. Early Recordings
Ch. 2: Learning. Early Recordings

After stumbling upon Breathin' on my Run Thru CD last night, I'm wondering what tracks would/could/should become Chapter 3.  I'd also love to see some of the tracks from Darla and Louisville is for Lovers comps make it into such a package.

Here are some starters...

Devil's Peanut Butter
Breathin'
Epichord
Good Morning Dove
Blue Moon
Mother (Pink Floyd cover)
How Could I Know
Ooh Las Vegas (Gram Parsons cover)
Same In Any Language (as Ruckus)
Freebird (Lynrd Skynrd cover, as Ruckus)
Still Feeling Blue (Gram Parsons cover)
Tonight I'll Be Staying Here With You (Bob Dylan cover)
Wear Your Love Like Heaven (Donovan cover)
Where To Begin
Wild Horses (Rolling Stones cover)

what am I missing?

Oh, and of course, ISM-Z-EU-Beyond era demos!

Title ideas?

Okay, back to work.
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

e_wind

yo I don't have blue moon,  epichord, good morning dove, breathin, or "ruckus" version of same in any language. where can i obtain these
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

BH

Here is my Chapter 3 JY.   I highly recommend it.  I put a lot of thought into the order as well.....

http://mymorningjacket.com/forum/index.php?topic=4528.msg59907#msg59907

I've been kicking around a Chapter 4 actually.  I've got the following to chose from that is not on the Chapter 3 disc above.....

Old Sept Blues (2 Meter Session)   2 Meter Session Volume 10
Old Sept Blues (Acoustic Version)   Run Thru Single
By My Car   Acoustic Citsuoca Vinyl
I'll Be There When You Die (Live 4-30-05)   Elizabethtown: Songs from the Brown Hotel
Chills (Version #1)   At Dawn Demo
Lead Me Father (Cash)   At Dawn Demo
Smokin' From Shootin' (Jim Solo Version)   Itunes Exclusive (Live at St. Davids Church 6-12-08)
Hollywood Babylon   Louisville Babylon 2
Dear Wife   Live From Las Vegas (Candles and Panties ep)
El Corporal   Dark Was The Night Compilation
Devil's Peanut Butter   Z "Outtake"
Look At You   Triple J Radio
Syonara (...)   Triple J Radio
Highly Suspicous (VHS or Beta DJs Remix)   Waxploitation - Causes 2
Churches, Banks and Bars   Z "Outtake"
Good Morning Dove   Louisville Is For Lovers 2010
Louisiana Fairytale (Mitchell Parish, Haven Gillespie and Fred Coots)   Preservation: An Album To Benefit Preservation Hall
St. James Infirmary (Traditional)   Preservation: An Album To Benefit Preservation Hall
Lullabys, Legends and Lies   Twistable, Turnable Man: A Musical Tribute To The Songs of Shel Silverstein
26 Second Song   Twistable, Turnable Man: A Musical Tribute To The Songs of Shel Silverstein
All The Best (John Prine)   Broken Hearts & Dirty Windows: Songs of John Prine
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

johnnYYac

Quote from: BH on Feb 24, 2011, 03:33 PM
Here is my Chapter 3 JY.   I highly recommend it.  I put a lot of thought into the order as well.....

I've been kicking around a Chapter 4 actually.  I've got the following to chose from that is not on the Chapter 3 disc above.....

I'll Be There When You Die (Live 4-30-05)   Elizabethtown: Songs from the Brown Hotel
Smokin' From Shootin' (Jim Solo Version)   Itunes Exclusive (Live at St. Davids Church 6-12-08)
Devil's Peanut Butter   Z "Outtake"
Look At You   Triple J Radio
Churches, Banks and Bars   Z "Outtake"
Good Morning Dove   Louisville Is For Lovers 2010
Louisiana Fairytale (Mitchell Parish, Haven Gillespie and Fred Coots)   Preservation: An Album To Benefit Preservation Hall
St. James Infirmary (Traditional)   Preservation: An Album To Benefit Preservation Hall
Lullabys, Legends and Lies   Twistable, Turnable Man: A Musical Tribute To The Songs of Shel Silverstein
26 Second Song   Twistable, Turnable Man: A Musical Tribute To The Songs of Shel Silverstein
Funny, your Ch. 3 is quite similar to my own.  I didn't have time to think about order, due to the fact that I was supposed to be workin'.  I did consider some of the tracks in your Ch. 4, but figured the released covers on the Prine tribute and Pres. Hall albums might not be realistic or available to use in an MMJ release (yeah, I actually want the boys to read this and come through).

Also funny is that I kind of knew this would draw you in (like a Bermuda Highway).  Maybe I saw that earlier post (?) though I don't think I joined the forum until early '09. 

notdarkyet

anyone willing to help me acquire "Hollywood Babylon" or "Good Morning Dove."  dying to hear them and i think those are the only holes in my collection.

any help would be greatly appreciated.

all the best,

-justin

johnnYYac

Quote from: notdarkyet on Mar 08, 2011, 09:58 AM
anyone willing to help me acquire "Hollywood Babylon" or "Good Morning Dove."  dying to hear them and i think those are the only holes in my collection.

all the best,

-justin
I second that emotion, re: Hollywood Babylon.  Maybe someone could up it and provide a D/L link?   :)

Crispy

all the best,

-justin

You can find Good Morning Dove on Louisville Is for Lovers vol. 10 (scroll down to find "Louisville is for Lovers 2010 "), which also has LOTS of other great stuff, so I know you won't mind shelling out 10 buxx for it. Louisville Babylon 2007 is there too, and I just bought it, so thanks for pointing me that way.
"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"

johnnYYac

Quote from: Crispy on Mar 08, 2011, 11:32 AM

all the best,

-justin

You can find Good Morning Dove on Louisville Is for Lovers vol. 10 (scroll down to find "Louisville is for Lovers 2010 "), which also has LOTS of other great stuff, so I know you won't mind shelling out 10 buxx for it. Louisville Babylon 2007 is there too, and I just bought it, so thanks for pointing me that way.
Good call, Crispy.  I have Good Morning Dove, from where I don't recall (I might have captured the audio stream last year), but can certainly justify spending $20 for 4 discs of music (L'ville for Lovers V. 10 and L'ville Babylon are each 2-disc sets), even if I don't like a few tracks.  Shipping was free! 

johnnYYac

Quote from: johnnYYac on Mar 08, 2011, 12:01 PM
Quote from: Crispy on Mar 08, 2011, 11:32 AM

all the best,

-justin

Good call, Crispy.  I have Good Morning Dove, from where I don't recall (I might have captured the audio stream last year), but can certainly justify spending $20 for 4 discs of music (L'ville for Lovers V. 10 and L'ville Babylon are each 2-disc sets), even if I don't like a few tracks.  Shipping was free!

Just got my CDs.  It took a little while, but worth the wait!  Please support MMJ, the other bands, and Louisville for Lovers.  For $20, I've got a ton of new music, plus Good Morning Dove and Hollywood Babylon from our boys.  Kudos to John and the folks at Louisville is for Lovers (http://louisvilleisforlovers.com/content/) for excellent customer service.  :dankk2:

kotchishm

Quote from: BH on Feb 24, 2011, 03:33 PM

Devil's Peanut Butter   Z "Outtake"Look At You   Triple J Radio
Churches, Banks and Bars   Z "Outtake"Good Morning Dove   Louisville Is For Lovers 2010

I've never heard these Z outtakes are they whole songs?  Anyone know where I could get my hands on them?
Sometimes when I get in my zone, you'd think I was stoned, but I never as they say, touched the stuf

bigkidfallsdown.com

11.10.07 Knoxville, TN • Bonnarroo '08 • MoF 10.31.09 Louisville, KY • 8.17.10 Chicago, IL

kotchishm

I found them both on last.fm and added them to my library but you cant just choose a song its shuffles and I've skipped roughly 2000 songs and have given up.
Sometimes when I get in my zone, you'd think I was stoned, but I never as they say, touched the stuf

wakebord

you found "churches, banks and bars?"  sure would love to hear that.

wakebord

I know the "Z" era outtakes stem from a recording chart that was in the Z EPK (at least thats where I have seen them listed).  Anyone know of any It Still Move era outtakes that were cut but didn't make the record?

notdarkyet

does anyone still have this:

Smokin' From Shootin' (Jim Solo Version)   Itunes Exclusive (Live at St. Davids Church 6-12-08)?

it is a UK itunes-only exclusive so i cannot access it to purchase.

any help would be appreciated!

thanks!

BH

Quote from: notdarkyet on Dec 09, 2015, 10:32 AM
does anyone still have this:

Smokin' From Shootin' (Jim Solo Version)   Itunes Exclusive (Live at St. Davids Church 6-12-08)?

it is a UK itunes-only exclusive so i cannot access it to purchase.

any help would be appreciated!

thanks!

Just emailed this to you, sorry it took so long I just noticed this post....
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

Somey

Did any1 make a zip file of these songs? Or can they? deff need some versions

RobRoy286

Would love to hear Wild Horses.

CountSA

If anyone has these to share it would be greatly appreciated!

CountSA