Main Menu

RUSH

Started by wolof7, Mar 09, 2011, 02:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zanjam

Hey!  Didn't know there was  Rush thread and now I'm glad I do.  My very first concert in 1982 - Signals Tour at MSG (yeah, that's right, I'm dating myself).  One of my fave bands ever but haven't seen them in recent years.  I will have to go back and read the whole thread.  Take off!
anything + reverb always = better

Tracy 2112

fucking $9.50  :)

Be the cliché you want to see in the world.

Ruckus

Very much looking forward to this.  Doesn't seem like they're doing a vinyl pressing unless I'm missing something.  I knew that Caravan and BU2B were gonna be on the album and I enjoy both songs immensely.  However, when you seen them live and it's been 2 years since they've been playing them, you always feel cheated when you put in a new album and you know the 1st 2 songs inside out and kinda may wanna skip 'em.  Minor quibbles.  The 30 second audio clip in the trailer is bad ass even if it sounds a little FM Hard Rock overproduced. 

June 12th!  or when it leaks of course
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

wolof7

Oh, I will dine on honey dew And drink the Milk of Paradiseeeee

Jaimoe

I like the new song, the heaviest I've heard in 20 years. Kinda Toolesque tight riffs and hard-hitting rhythms. It might be better as an instrumental though.

johnnYYac

The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

Tracy 2112

Tracy 2112

Ruckus

Quote from: Jaimoe on Apr 18, 2012, 06:59 PM
I like the new song, the heaviest I've heard in 20 years. Kinda Toolesque tight riffs and hard-hitting rhythms. It might be better as an instrumental though.
It's great to see a band reinvent themselves over and over again, not just for reasons of creative curiosity but also cultivated by the vocal limitations on Geddy due to age.  In that context, I have a greater appreciation for them, Geddy in particular, which lends toward my being more tolerant of the vocals in the new songs.  That said, I agree with much of the above Jaimoe though I'd argue it's the heaviest they've ever sounded, including Counterparts.  Line up this track (which was the in the promo that I referred to earlier though didn't know it at the time) with BU2B and Caravan and that is a HEAVY 3 tracks for Clockwork Angels.

Rush- Caravan w/ lyrics

Rush- BU2B w/ Lyrics

Ruckus

Quote from: Tracy 2112 on Apr 18, 2012, 07:17 PM
Quote from: wolof7 on Apr 18, 2012, 06:08 PM
http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/exclusive-stream-rush-return-with-heavy-headlong-flight-20120418

Geddy and Alex sound reborn!

they kick it in to Working Man time warp around 5 minute mark   :)
:thumbsup:  Yeah, I hear ya man!  This song basically destroys after around the 4 minute mark

Crispy

Quote from: Ruckus on Apr 19, 2012, 11:22 AM
Quote from: Tracy 2112 on Apr 18, 2012, 07:17 PM
Quote from: wolof7 on Apr 18, 2012, 06:08 PM
http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/exclusive-stream-rush-return-with-heavy-headlong-flight-20120418

Geddy and Alex sound reborn!

they kick it in to Working Man time warp around 5 minute mark   :)
:thumbsup:  Yeah, I hear ya man!  This song basically destroys after around the 4 minute mark

This is pretty damn sweet! I'm excited.  :D
"...the Bear, Heartbreakin' Man, Evelyn...I think we all know those."

wolof7

So excited for the album but very let down by the packaging around it....$16.99 for a cd? what is this 1994? and the 180 gram vinyl is cool but it's $30 and does not even mention a digital dl or a cd inclusion. May have to look out for the best deal on this one.
http://www.rushbackstage.com/index.html
Oh, I will dine on honey dew And drink the Milk of Paradiseeeee

lucylew

Quote from: Jaimoe on Apr 18, 2012, 06:59 PM

I was totally digging this...as an instrumental. 

Ruckus

After many listens, Clockwork just doesn't do it for me though Lifeson tears it up pretty good.  I'd be quite open to more instrumental passages if the Geddy's vocals are so limited consistently.

Anyways, happy birthday Mr. Peart!

johnnYYac

Totally bummed that Rush kicked off their tour an hour away last Friday night and I couldn't go.  Didn't even know about it until last week, not sure how I missed it. 
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

Ruckus

So glad I didn't blow cash to hit the Philly or DC dates.  I'm there 1st Mariner!
http://www.rush.com/tour-dates/

Mr. White

I've been jamming to RUSH's new DVD/Blu-Ray Disc (Clockwork Angles Tour) some lately (watching it again real loud, since my wife is at work). I'm glad I got the deluxe Blu-Ray package that included an XL T-shirt. I can't wear it right now, so I'm kind of using it as motivation to lose some weight. Anyway, for those out there that didn't know it was out, you should go get it! RUSH Now, RUSH Tomorrow, RUSH forever!!!
Kentuckians For The Commonwealth (KFTC) Member Since 2011

bigloop

I like this live version of Clockwork Angels far more than I like the studio release.  The music of the studio release is fine, but the production just gives me a headache.

Jaimoe

Hey to all you diehard Rush fans. If you ever venture north of the border, perhaps following the next tour, make a stop in Rush's hometown (Toronto, of course) and then visit Lifeson's club/bar The Orbit Room, located in the cool Little Italy neighbourhood. Sometimes Alex even sits in with whatever band is performing on any given night. He usually books great acts, so even if he's not there, the night will be lots of fun.   

Mr. White

Tonight, October 31st - Halloween 2018, marks the 36th year since my very first real rock concert! I saw RUSH on Halloween night in 1982 at Roberts Stadium in Evansville, Indiana when I was 16 years old. They had people dressed up in Halloween costumes come out during the last song. I went with my younger cousin and my older friend from high school and his girlfriend and another girl. All 5 of us were packed into my friend's Chevy Camaro. On the way home, the car we were following ran over a deer, and we were so close to the other car that my friend couldn't do anything other than run right over the freshly killed creature full on. Luckily, the car wasn't damaged, and we made it home safely.
Kentuckians For The Commonwealth (KFTC) Member Since 2011