My Morning Bracket

Started by capt. scotty, Mar 14, 2011, 10:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jones

Quote from: walterfredo on Mar 14, 2011, 09:36 PM
Where do we send the loot?
I can just give you all my PayPal info if you want to save time.

capt. scotty

Quote from: walterfredo on Mar 14, 2011, 09:36 PM
Where do we send the loot?

We could do it 1 of 2 ways. Either everybody just paypals/sends a check to the winner when its over. Or we all send our $ to one person in the pool (I dont want to put somebody in that position, but Crispy seems good with money and calculations so he gets my vote if hes willing :)) and they can just paypal/check the whole amount to the winner. Since we have over 3 weeks until its done to basically allow 1 person to collect the $, the 2nd option probably makes more sense plus itll be much easier for the victor to receive his copious fundage by going that route.
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

walterfredo

.Walt

I'm in for $10!!! I watched maybe a total of one college basketball game all year. I have no clue who's number 1 or 2 in the nation. I haven't picked my teams yet. Yes, I'm that person who knows nothing about college basketball but will win the bracket. I'm Patty from accounting.
Much Greater Than Science Fiction

.Walt

I just finished my bracket. It took me 1 minute, and I took every number one seed. Hate on me!!! But get ready to pay me!!!!11!!!!!!

Is this you Headdy?
Jim Rome's Take on "Bracket Guy"
Much Greater Than Science Fiction

tdb810

Quote from: walterfredo on Mar 15, 2011, 06:44 PM
I vote for option 2.
Me too. Crispy pm us your pay pal and we will send it!
.....Back at the Model Home

Jon T.

Quote from: tdb810 on Mar 15, 2011, 07:35 PM
Quote from: walterfredo on Mar 15, 2011, 06:44 PM
I vote for option 2.
Me too. Crispy pm us your pay pal and we will send it!
Works for me!

Jaimoe

I'm pondering whether I should get in on this pool. If I do choose to join,  I'm only using Canuck bucks. The good news is, Cdn money is worth more than your Yankee greenback, so if my Sir John A. MacDonald is good, I want in. BTW, I'm no fool: my Orange to the Elite 8, but they easily could go out in the "2nd round". I'm cheering for Texas (two of their best players are from Toronto), Syracuse (my fav team since 1980 - and a fav of most of the residents from my hometown of Kingston, Ontario, which is less than 2 hrs away) and Gonzaga (two key starters are Canucks, plus I've always kinda liked the Zags).

jones

capt. scotty

Quote from: Walts on Mar 15, 2011, 07:23 PM
I just finished my bracket. It took me 1 minute, and I took every number one seed. Hate on me!!! But get ready to pay me!!!!11!!!!!!

Is this you Headdy?
Jim Rome's Take on "Bracket Guy"

;D  Rome's takes on these things are always great. I was cracking up a couple weeks ago when he was ripping on jousting becoming a big sport.

Nah, Im not hardcore like bracket guy, though I have watched more college bball this year than I have in quite awhile, so Im pretty pumped for the tourney to start tomorrow. This tourney seems so wide open, anything can happen. Shame on you for taking all 1 seeds.  If you win, Im mailing you $15 in quarters!!
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

capt. scotty

I just threw Crispy's name out there (sorry dude). He'd have to, kind of, like, agree to do it if were going to go that route, ya dig.

walterfredo

Flyguy seemed ok with handling the money, let's let him do it.

Crispy

Quote from: capt. scotty on Mar 16, 2011, 11:51 AM
I just threw Crispy's name out there (sorry dude). He'd have to, kind of, like, agree to do it if were going to go that route, ya dig.
Ah, I didn't see this earlier -- I'd be cool with handling the money via paypal, but flyguy said he'd do it, so let's go with him.
"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"

jones

Oh, sorry guys!  I was trying to be cute by just telling you guys to all send me your money since I was going to win.  I obviously need to work on my trash talking. :-\

It's all yours Crispy!!!

Crispy

Quote from: flyguy on Mar 16, 2011, 12:34 PM
Oh, sorry guys!  I was trying to be cute by just telling you guys to all send me your money since I was going to win.  I obviously need to work on my trash talking. :-\

It's all yours Crispy!!!
Ha! Yeah, I'll do it -- now to figure out how to divvy up the dough...winner takes all?
"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"

Ruckus

It's all yours Crispy!!!
Oh I gotcha alright..  I may have even been briefly intimidated.  More than anything, it was real cute.  :-*

Roll of quarters is tied to a pigeon en route to Oklahoma as I type.  Thanks Crispy!
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

Crispy

Quote from: Ruckus on Mar 16, 2011, 12:49 PM

It's all yours Crispy!!!
Oh I gotcha alright..  I may have even been briefly intimidated.  More than anything, it was real cute.  :-*

Roll of quarters is tied to a pigeon en route to Oklahoma as I type.  Thanks Crispy!

/watching the skies for a pigeon flying in from the east/

Okay folks, my gmail is visible in my profile, that's where to send your paypal goodness. I guess the Tenth Avenue Ten can vouch for me in this area. Don't wait 'til Championship weekend, Scotty... ;)

Edit: Jaimoe, looks like you can get in for $9.85 CAD right now...

tdb810

Quote from: Crispy on Mar 16, 2011, 12:59 PM

It's all yours Crispy!!!

/watching the skies for a pigeon flying in from the east/

Okay folks, my gmail is visible in my profile, that's where to send your paypal goodness. I guess the Tenth Avenue Ten can vouch for me in this area. Don't wait 'til Championship weekend, Scotty... ;)

done!
.....Back at the Model Home

Jaimoe

Quote from: Crispy on Mar 16, 2011, 12:59 PM

It's all yours Crispy!!!

I'll try to get things going later tonight. Heck, I'll throw in 15 cents as a tip. If not tonight, I'll be getting up early tomorrow and try to get my bracket together before the first tip.

capt. scotty

Quote from: Crispy on Mar 16, 2011, 12:39 PM

It's all yours Crispy!!!
Ha! Yeah, I'll do it -- now to figure out how to divvy up the dough...winner takes all?

I figured winner takes all...If we get at least 15 people maybe $120 for winner, $30 for 2nd place. We might have pretty close to 15 but I havent looked at it in a couple days