Main Menu

Deadthread

Started by johnnYYac, Mar 29, 2011, 07:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnnYYac

Happy 70th Birthday to Robert Hunter!

The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

iLikeBeer

Quote from: CTdeadhead on May 21, 2011, 02:37 AM
My favorite years are 77, 82 and 85 in that order.  Its a shame the soundboards aren't out there anymore.  I have to digitize my vault and post some shit when I get it out of storage.  I have hundreds of soundboards most straight from dats.  I will get to it eventually.

Dude, you need to let me know when you are ready to share some of these gems.  I didn't get in on archive until after they took the soundboards down.  While I do like the feeling of a good aud recording of being right there in the crowd, I do like me some good sbds as well! 

nuggets

Quote from: iLikeBeer on Jun 24, 2011, 11:15 AM
My favorite years are 77, 82 and 85 in that order.  Its a shame the soundboards aren't out there anymore.  I have to digitize my vault and post some shit when I get it out of storage.  I have hundreds of soundboards most straight from dats.  I will get to it eventually.

Dude, you need to let me know when you are ready to share some of these gems.  I didn't get in on archive until after they took the soundboards down.  While I do like the feeling of a good aud recording of being right there in the crowd, I do like me some good sbds as well!
Let me know. Have no problem doing some B&Ps.
http://db.etree.org/nugs420247
Oh shit, run!

CTdeadhead

Quote from: nuggets on Jun 24, 2011, 12:49 PM
Quote from: iLikeBeer on Jun 24, 2011, 11:15 AM

Let me know. Have no problem doing some B&Ps.
http://db.etree.org/nugs420247

I will get to it soon, problem is I am in NC and my vault is up in CT, I'll be going up before too long and will get it out there.  Been collecting tapes since the 80s and started with these in the ninties since the DATS went into mass conversion, most from the tapers or other close, low gen sources, Im a audiofile so its almost all great stuff.  I was was in a trading club of about 50 die hard tapers and traders back in the dats, had some real great access.  Almost every time a DP or a road trip comes out, I have had it for years. 

Will get to it this Fall. 

ericm

Anyone catching a Furthur show this summer?

I'll be seeing them on 7/30 in St.Augustine, and if it's anywhere near as good as the Orlando show in April, it's going to be one helluva night!  :thumbsup:

Tour starts in a few days in Bethel,N.Y.
"Where's Jim going?"

woodnymph

Quote from: ericm on Jul 13, 2011, 10:39 PM

I'll be seeing them on 7/30 in St.Augustine, and if it's anywhere near as good as the Orlando show in April, it's going to be one helluva night!  :thumbsup:

JULY 29 SIMPSONVILLE, SC!!!  I'm like.... 95% sure I'm going---- way to go too, I needed a reminder to call off work, holy smokestack lightnin!!!  :o
Daylight is good at arriving in the night time

woodnymph

Quote from: woodnymph on Jul 13, 2011, 10:58 PM

JULY 29 SIMPSONVILLE, SC!!!  I'm like.... 95% sure I'm going---- way to go too, I needed a reminder to call off work, holy smokestack lightnin!!!  :o

Or if work can't get me off for the 29, I may yet catch the Alpharetta, GA show on the 31st!  ...or maybe Raleigh the 28th!!!   :o

ericm

Quote from: woodnymph on Jul 13, 2011, 11:12 PM

Or if work can't get me off for the 29, I may yet catch the Alpharetta, GA show on the 31st!  ...or maybe Raleigh the 28th!!!   :o

Any of those will do.  8)

Have you ever been to Alpharetta? It's quickly climbed my list as my favorite outdoor venue. Maybe it helps that I've been lucky to be in the pit for four Phish shows,but it really is a sweet venue. Beautiful Amp, great sightlines and sound, and not real big. Holds about 12,000.

I was going to do MMJ @ Alph and Charlotte, because of how much I like the venue, but MPP/Boston ended up being easier travel wise, and on my summer budget too. ;)
"Where's Jim going?"

woodnymph

Quote from: ericm on Jul 13, 2011, 11:25 PM

Have you ever been to Alpharetta? It's quickly climbed my list as my favorite outdoor venue. Maybe it helps that I've been lucky to be in the pit for four Phish shows,but it really is a sweet venue. Beautiful Amp, great sightlines and sound, and not real big. Holds about 12,000.

I was going to do MMJ @ Alph and Charlotte, because of how much I like the venue, but MPP/Boston ended up being easier travel wise, and on my summer budget too. ;)

I've yet to visit Alpharetta, but a friend of mine from work went to the Phish shows with his wife and loves it!!  Great to hear another good opinion!!  That may help sway the decision.

But stoked to see you at MPP, I'll be doing Pittsburgh/MPP with ImTheDude and his wife!  AHHH CAN"T WAIT!!!

In the meantime, I'll report how Further goes, and you do the same!  :D   8)

ericm

Quote from: woodnymph on Jul 14, 2011, 07:35 AM
Quote from: ericm on Jul 13, 2011, 11:25 PM

I've yet to visit Alpharetta, but a friend of mine from work went to the Phish shows with his wife and loves it!!  Great to hear another good opinion!!  That may help sway the decision.

But stoked to see you at MPP, I'll be doing Pittsburgh/MPP with ImTheDude and his wife!  AHHH CAN"T WAIT!!!

In the meantime, I'll report how Further goes, and you do the same!  :D   8)

I'll be sure and give a report. The guys were in fine form, and sooo tight in April,  8)  I can't wait to see them again.

Enjoy your show, and see you at MPP.  :thumbsup:  :beer:

I'm not sure how far you are from St. Auggie (it's an hour south of Jax), but if you can't get off work for the shows you mentioned, and want to drive down, (it's a Saturday show), I'm pretty sure I can find you a ticket.
"Where's Jim going?"

woodnymph

Quote from: ericm on Jul 14, 2011, 08:10 AM
I'll be sure and give a report. The guys were in fine form, and sooo tight in April,  8)  I can't wait to see them again.

I'm not sure how far you are from St. Auggie (it's an hour south of Jax), but if you can't get off work for the shows you mentioned, and want to drive down, (it's a Saturday show), I'm pretty sure I can find you a ticket.

OH MAN!!! I just looked it up on google maps, and sadly it's FURTHER *cough* than I can make.... bout a solid 8 hour hike... but man THANK YOU INFINITELY!! I really appreciate the offer/help!!

I just rolled back home from the Asheville Firely Gathering to find a response to my email from last week about taking these days off to see Further.... and I'm IN!!!  She says I can have the 29th - 31st off (SCORE!!!)

So I will DEFINITELY be hitting Further, nearer!  :P  Can't wait!!  And thank you again!!!!!  :D :D :D

ericm

Quote from: woodnymph on Jul 17, 2011, 09:35 PM

OH MAN!!! I just looked it up on google maps, and sadly it's FURTHER *cough* than I can make.... bout a solid 8 hour hike... but man THANK YOU INFINITELY!! I really appreciate the offer/help!!

I just rolled back home from the Asheville Firely Gathering to find a response to my email from last week about taking these days off to see Further.... and I'm IN!!!  She says I can have the 29th - 31st off (SCORE!!!)

So I will DEFINITELY be hitting Further, nearer!  :P  Can't wait!!  And thank you again!!!!!  :D :D :D

You're welcome,no problem, and glad you're able to get those days off. :thumbsup:  I didn't know how far away you were, and figured since it's on a Saturday it might've been worth a shot.

It's definitely easier and cheaper, seeing Furthur nearer to home. ;) I get down to St. Auggie often, so if I can tie a show or two in anywhere close while I'm there, it's a nice bonus.  8) This one will be real close as it's right across the street from where I'll be. ;D
"Where's Jim going?"

woodnymph

Quote from: ericm on Jul 17, 2011, 11:55 PM
Quote from: woodnymph on Jul 17, 2011, 09:35 PM

You're welcome,no problem, and glad you're able to get those days off. :thumbsup:  I didn't know how far away you were, and figured since it's on a Saturday it might've been worth a shot.

It's definitely easier and cheaper, seeing Furthur nearer to home. ;) I get down to St. Auggie often, so if I can tie a show or two in anywhere close while I'm there, it's a nice bonus.  8)

Yeah I didn't know how far that was either, but coming from Pittsburgh, 8 hours to Florida ain't bad!!  So maybe sometime in the future I'll head on down!!  But good look though! And let me know if you're ever around NC and maybe we can tailgate pre-show sometime!  8)  Can't wait to see the boys groove out again!!

woodnymph

So any AllGood attendees can thank me at their own convenience........ It seems that because I did *NOT* attend AllGood this year, that apparently Warren Haynes came out with Further and did a 20 MINUTE LONG VIOLA LEE BLUES (which has been a favorite of mine for years now.....) and Dark Star put out a Help > Slip > Frank.  Need I say terribly much more.

If they did these kinds of things when I used to go to AllGood, I might still attempt to go........ well maybe not, but still.

Oh great. Another update.  Looks like the lucky bastards also got a China Rider > SHE CAME IN THROUGH THE EFFING BATHROOM WINDOW > TERRAPIN EFFING STATION > STANDING ON THE EFFING MOON > GDTRF EFFIN B > AND WE BID YOU GOOD F'N NIGHT.

Sorry!!  Only mildly bitter to miss these things... only mildly!!  WELL! We'll see about all this with the Further shows at the end of July!!!!!!

And my friend who updated me all of this has a soundboard recording of all this that he's going to send, so that helps (I guess!!!)  Blasphemy though!!!   :o :o :o

EasyRyder

QuoteGDTRF EFFIN B
;D

Sounds like an incredible set! If you get a hold of that SBD and care to share, I'd be willing to listen  ;)
"As citizens of eternity we ought to be without anxiety."

woodnymph

Quote from: EasyRyder on Jul 18, 2011, 06:23 PM
QuoteGDTRF EFFIN B
;D

Sounds like an incredible set! If you get a hold of that SBD and care to share, I'd be willing to listen  ;)

Oh man I'll be more than happy to share  once I get it!!  I'm not sure if he has it yet or is waiting for it to come in the mail, but I'll be posting about it on here as soon as it reaches my ears!  And it will indeed reach yours very shortly thereafter!  8)

ericm

I was lucky enough to see another hot (in more ways than one) Furthur show last night! Nothing like an ouside show in Florida at the end of July if you like the heat.

I got treated to a real special evening, as my daughter's boyfriend was able to get the four of us VIP tix with backstage access! :thumbsup: I"ve always liked him, but he definitely scored some bonus "dad points" with me after pulling that off! ;)

Knew it was going to be a great show when we got a rousing "Jack Straw" to open, into Althea. :thumbsup:  The first set was short but kick-ass. Kinda glad as the sun was still up the whole set and was really throwing some serious heat into a small, but packed pit and Amphitheatre.

1st set highlights for me were JS, Staggerlee, and Just A Little Light.

Got to catch some AC and much needed water between sets,and was ready to go. Second set was great for dancing and happy to say I got my cardio workout for the weekend done in one set.  :D

2nd set opened with Cassidy > The Wheel and away we went.... Lots of highlights in the set for me. I really loved the whole thing especially Playin'> Franklin's>Playin' but the encore of Brokedown Palace was the perfect cap to a wondefrul night for me. I used to rock my daughter to sleep to BP, a perfect lullabye,imo, and to see a great version of it with her now a healthy, grown,beautiful woman, was one of those "moments" in a life for me, that I'll always appreciate and never forget.

A bit of a funny note....I'm sitting outside posting this before I head back home to Jersey, and while the band is probably already in Alpharetta for tonight's show, I get to hear Selena Gomez go through her sound check for tonight at St. Auggie! What a difference a day makes.

Here's the setlist:

Set 1
Jack Straw
Althea
Big Bad Blues
Staggerlee
He's Gone
Just A Little Light>
Celebration

Set 2
Cassidy
The Wheel>
Mountain Song>
Uncle John's Band>
So Many Roads>
Colors Of The Rain>
Help On The Way>
Slipknot>
Playin' In The Band>
Franklin's Tower>
Playin' In The Band( reprise)

Encore:

Brokedown Palace
"Where's Jim going?"

woodnymph

Quote from: ericm on Jul 31, 2011, 03:56 PM
I was lucky enough to see another hot (in more ways than one) Furthur show last night! Nothing like an ouside show in Florida at the end of July if you like the heat.

I got treated to a real special evening, as my daughter's boyfriend was able to get the four of us VIP tix with backstage access! :thumbsup: I"ve always liked him, but he definitely scored some bonus "dad points" with me after pulling that off! ;)

Knew it was going to be a great show when we got a rousing "Jack Straw" to open, into Althea. :thumbsup:  The first set was short but kick-ass. Kinda glad as the sun was still up the whole set and was really throwing some serious heat into a small, but packed pit and Amphitheatre.

1st set highlights for me were JS, Staggerlee, and Just A Little Light.

Got to catch some AC and much needed water between sets,and was ready to go. Second set was great for dancing and happy to say I got my cardio workout for the weekend done in one set.  :D

2nd set opened with Cassidy > The Wheel and away we went.... Lots of highlights in the set for me. I really loved the whole thing especially Playin'> Franklin's>Playin' but the encore of Brokedown Palace was the perfect cap to a wondefrul night for me. I used to rock my daughter to sleep to BP, a perfect lullabye,imo, and to see a great version of it with her now a healthy, grown,beautiful woman, was one of those "moments" in a life for me, that I'll always appreciate and never forget.

A bit of a funny note....I'm sitting outside posting this before I head back home to Jersey, and while the band is probably already in Alpharetta for tonight's show, I get to hear Selena Gomez go through her sound check for tonight at St. Auggie! What a difference a day makes.

Here's the setlist:

Set 1
Jack Straw
Althea
Big Bad Blues
Staggerlee
He's Gone
Just A Little Light>
Celebration

Set 2
Cassidy
The Wheel>
Mountain Song>
Uncle John's Band>
So Many Roads>
Colors Of The Rain>
Help On The Way>
Slipknot>
Playin' In The Band>
Franklin's Tower>
Playin' In The Band( reprise)

Encore:

Brokedown Palace

WHOA NICE SETLIST!!  YOU GOT A HELP SLIP FRANK SANDWICH!!!  They must've been "standin' on [Franklin's] tower.... world at their command!!!" with that Playin in the Band!   :P  They've been playing the trifecta a lot!!  Glad to see they got it out of their system last night again though, that makes me feel better about not catching tonight's show in Alpharetta!!  (assuming they don't pull another one off tonight!!!)  Thanks for the scoop!  What an awesome ending to the show to share the Brokedown Palace with your daughter, so sweet!  Right now I'm saving my monies for some Merriweather Jacket love in a couple weeks!!  (I mysteriously just envisioned Jim singing "Roll away...... the deeeewwww")  Hahah I wish!!   : :D

woodnymph

*Ahem*

*closes eyes*

Alpharetta, GA sans woodnymph

Set 1
01. Not Fade Away> #
02. New Speedway Boogie>
03. I Need a Miracle>
04. Just like Tom Thumb Blues
05. Magnolia Mountain
06. Mission in the Rain
07. Reuben & Cherise>
08. Deal

Set 2
01. Samson & Delilah
02. Maxwell Silver Hammer>
03. Birdsong>
04. Terrapin Station Suite
05. Unbroken Chain
06 Standing on the Moon
07. China cat sunflower >
08. I Know You Rider>
09. Not Fade Away
10. Encore break
11. Donor rap
12. US Blues
13. The End (Beatles)

What a year to take off from so much music!!!  Reuben & Cerise are you kidding me!  :o :o :o

Anywho!!  HAPPY BIRTHDAY JERRY!!!!    :birthdays: :birthdays: :birthdays:

woodnymph

From Jerry's birthday 1966-style!!!  Hot diggity!!!!!   :D :D :D

http://www.archive.org/details/gd66-xx-xx.sbd.jools.19514.19529.sbeok.shnf

3 songs, but 3 solid jams they are!!!  Wooooo boy!

Pig & Jerry hashin' it out!!!