Main Menu

Futurebirds

Started by Ruckus, Mar 30, 2011, 08:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jcc0065

Quote from: patrickbateman on Sep 19, 2015, 01:38 PM
New album "Hotel Parties" out 9/25.

Anyone hear/have any thoughts on the new tracks?

that "for you" track sounds very cool. seen these guys 5 times, all insanely rockin shows

Come Closer

Went through Hotel Parties twice so far. I had high expectations considering Baba Yaga was probably my favorite album of 2013 and one of my favorites in recent memory. It's not bad, but not the greatness I was hoping for. Definitely several solid tunes, but the songwriting isn't nearly as strong as the last album imo. The last few songs feel especially blah. Maybe it will grow on me some more, but right now it feels like a 7/10.

Come Closer

Ran through it again. I dunno what I was listening to before, I was probably distracted. The back end is solid too. A couple slow burners, I think that's what threw me off. People should enjoy this album.

Derek713

Quote from: jaye on Sep 22, 2015, 05:49 PM
http://www.pastemagazine.com/articles/2015/09/album-stream-futurebirds-hotel-parties.html

album is streaming!

Thanks! I am really liking it. Hopefully they add some Texas dates soon. Can't wait to see them again.

wolof7

Solid album. I dig their other 2 albums better but it is still a very solid effort. Loving 27 and Rodeo. Rest has to grow a bit, esp the last 2 slow burns which will likely be my favorites in time.. 8/10
Oh, I will dine on honey dew And drink the Milk of Paradiseeeee

johnnYYac

Quote from: wolof7 on Sep 28, 2015, 06:36 PM
Solid album. I dig their other 2 albums better but it is still a very solid effort. Loving 27 and Rodeo. Rest has to grow a bit, esp the last 2 slow burns which will likely be my favorites in time.. 8/10
Got mine in the mail a few days ago, but haven't had a chance to give it a good listen.  Appreciate the nudge your review provides.
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

iLikeBeer

I've put this record on a couple of times over the weekend but I haven't really sat down and really listened to it properly yet. 

I did like what I was hearing though and I think it is a solid album. 

Going to see them in Cleveland in November which will be my 3rd time seeing them live!   :beer:

wolof7

Paranoia letters is a great opener, subtle but effective. This album is definitely a grower.
Oh, I will dine on honey dew And drink the Milk of Paradiseeeee

johnnYYac

Hard As You Like = High Time by G. Dead at times.
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

iLikeBeer

Quote from: johnnYYac on Oct 03, 2015, 02:55 PM
Hard As You Like = High Time by G. Dead at times.
I thought the same thing!  Great minds...  :beer:

jcc0065

seeing them in Birmingham on thursday, really awesome venue. anyone thats close come by and say whats up!

parkervb

Don't you ever turn it off

Shug

Damn, that review makes me want to see them BAD!  Too bad they aren't coming to my crappy state.  :angry:
"Some like their water shallow, I like mine deep"

jcc0065

the show in birmingham tonight was just....WOW!!! seen them 7 times and this was by far the most interactive and crazy show i had seen. absolutely unbelievable

jcc0065

setlist from montgomery tonight.

Encore
Ski Chalet > Rocks off > Ski chalet

jcc0065

Birmingham Last night

Add in a MONSTER "Dig" before that line and a "Ski chalet" at the end

Shug

Rocks Off, nice!  (Stones cover, I'm assuming?)
"Some like their water shallow, I like mine deep"

joey_rogo

parkervb

Quote from: jcc0065 on Oct 17, 2015, 12:46 AM

setlist from montgomery tonight.

Encore
Ski Chalet > Rocks off > Ski chalet

Sick! Both of their great covers (Wild Heart, Neon Moon) plus Tan Lines, Death Awaits, Serial Bowls and Ski Chalet!
Don't you ever turn it off