Main Menu

M. Ward

Started by walterfredo, Apr 01, 2011, 02:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BH

Quote from: T5 wizzard on May 05, 2011, 11:32 AM
It was a great set list, feel very blessed (once again) to live in Portland.

Here is the poster for the event:
http://voodoocatbox.com/m_posters/mwardcrystalhotel_lgimage.html

I hope he doesn't take too much time working on the new album.  The pitchfork article makes it seem like he is taking his time....
Must be enjoying the new kitchen my friend designed for him and his lady  ;)

Nice!   Did it have a built in Creme Brulee torch?

Is his lady friend anyone famous?   Or just the luckiest gal west of the Mississippi?
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

the_wizzard

Quote from: BH on May 05, 2011, 03:35 PM
Quote from: T5 wizzard on May 05, 2011, 11:32 AM
It was a great set list, feel very blessed (once again) to live in Portland.

Here is the poster for the event:
http://voodoocatbox.com/m_posters/mwardcrystalhotel_lgimage.html

I hope he doesn't take too much time working on the new album.  The pitchfork article makes it seem like he is taking his time....
Must be enjoying the new kitchen my friend designed for him and his lady  ;)

Nice!   Did it have a built in Creme Brulee torch?

Is his lady friend anyone famous?   Or just the luckiest gal west of the Mississippi?
I think she is just a regular gal.  My friend mainly worked with her and said she was super nice.  She had a few interactions with him, but mainly felt like she kept putting her foot in her mouth....

mahg33ta

I went looking for the night 2 setlist but couldn't.   If anyone finds it, I'm curious....

the_wizzard

Quote from: mahg33ta on May 05, 2011, 08:42 PM
I went looking for the night 2 setlist but couldn't.   If anyone finds it, I'm curious....
I personally don't know anyone who attended last night's show.  But Vespa (and baby MMJ) will be there tonight.

kotchishm

Few more added solo dates.  Somehow scored Wolftrap yes!!!!

05-05 Portland, OR - Crystal Ballroom #
05-09 Stockholm, Sweden - Royal Theatre
05-10 Oslo, Norway - Parkteatret
05-13 Paris, France - La Gaîté Lyrique
05-15 London, England - Union Chapel
05-17 Lisbon, Portugal - Aula Magna
05-18 Porto, Portugal - Teatro sa da Bandeira
05-19 Vigo, Spain - Auditorio de Vigo
05-22 Granada, Spain - Isodoro Marquez Theatre
05-23 Madrid, Spain - Teatro Lara
05-24 Bilboa, Spain - Teatro BBK
05-27 Barcelona, Spain - Primavera Sound Festival
06-10 Philadelphia, PA - The Mann Center for the Performing Arts !
06-11 Vienna, VA - Wolftrap Amphitheatre !
06-25 Berkeley, CA - Greek Theatre @
06-26 Davis, CA - Mondavi Performing Arts Center
07-07 Winnipeg, Manitoba - Winnipeg Folk Festival
07-09 Ottawa, Ontario - Ottawa Blues Festival
07-11 Quebec City, Quebec - Quebec City Summer Festival
07-31 Newport, RI - Newport Folk Festival

# with Doug Martsch, the Lord's Own Choir
! with Bright Eyes
@ with Alison Krauss & Union Station

Sometimes when I get in my zone, you'd think I was stoned, but I never as they say, touched the stuf

BH

I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

Fully

I saw M. Ward play last night in Nashville. I've loved his music for ages, but seeing him live (this was my first time) just changed everything for me. Very pleasant show - and I'm not trying to minimize my enjoyment by calling it pleasant. But his music/voice tends to just put me in a dreamlike state - almost a haze of pleasantness. I wish he got more attention. Alan Jackson had a free concert last night on Music Row and the people were just streaming everywhere, but for the 1000 or so people who saw M.Ward, they got to see true talent. Plus I really don''t enjoy pop country music. I'm not really being coherent today; four hours of sleep will do that to you. Hopefully, I got my point across.

BH

Quote from: Fully on Sep 22, 2011, 11:21 AM
I saw M. Ward play last night in Nashville. I've loved his music for ages, but seeing him live (this was my first time) just changed everything for me. Very pleasant show - and I'm not trying to minimize my enjoyment by calling it pleasant. But his music/voice tends to just put me in a dreamlike state - almost a haze of pleasantness. I wish he got more attention. Alan Jackson had a free concert last night on Music Row and the people were just streaming everywhere, but for the 1000 or so people who saw M.Ward, they got to see true talent. Plus I really don''t enjoy pop country music. I'm not really being coherent today; four hours of sleep will do that to you. Hopefully, I got my point across.

I think Conor Oberst once describe M's music as "musical xanex"   So very true.

Fully

Quote from: BH on Sep 23, 2011, 05:12 PM
Quote from: Fully on Sep 22, 2011, 11:21 AM

I think Conor Oberst once describe M's music as "musical xanex"   So very true.
Oh, that's such an apt description. I like that.

walterfredo

Really excited to see Montgomary in a few hours in golden gate park!

johnnYYac

:birthdays: :birthdays: :birthdays:

Happy 38th Birthday, M. Ward!

:birthdays: :birthdays: :birthdays:
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

BH

Did you guys know there was a new She & Him Christmas album out?   How great is that?  Picking it up tommorow!

http://www.sheandhim.com/#/splash

Also, Zooey is back on the market.   :o  ::)

Jon T.

Quote from: BH on Nov 02, 2011, 05:47 PM
Did you guys know there was a new She & Him Christmas album out?   How great is that?  Picking it up tommorow!

I've seen that but haven't listened to it yet.

I used to have a crush on Zooey until I watched that terrible show she is in.  As great as her singing voice is, her talking voice is equally bad.  Maybe it's just that show, though.  I don't remember it bothering me on Elf.

johnnYYac

I got it a couple of weeks ago on vinyl pre-order.  Its nice, the kids love it, I get me some M. Ward.  According to an email I got yesterday, they may be (erroneously) sending me a second copy.  If so, I'll make it available here, maybe a holiday raffle.

BH

Quote from: Jon T. on Nov 02, 2011, 06:45 PM

I used to have a crush on Zooey until I watched that terrible show she is in.  As great as her singing voice is, her talking voice is equally bad.  Maybe it's just that show, though.  I don't remember it bothering me on Elf.

The third episode was a bit annoying but otherwise I thought it was pretty damn funny.

Jon T.

Quote from: BH on Nov 03, 2011, 05:05 PM
Quote from: Jon T. on Nov 02, 2011, 06:45 PM

The third episode was a bit annoying but otherwise I thought it was pretty damn funny.
In fairness, I only watched the first and third episodes.  The first I thought had some funny parts, but was still kind of indifferent on it.  After the third, I was not a fan.

johnnYYac

evilurges86

Just took my first listen tonight, me like!  :thumbsup:
excited to start digging deeper in these guys

M. Ward - Chinese Translation (Live)
"Music was my refuge. I could crawl into the space between the notes and curl my back to loneliness"

mahg33ta

hey John-  do you know if that date was part of a new tour or just a random one-off?   I went looking for other tour dates / confirmation .... would love to catch him again and may consider making the trip to Portland... I did see that show on the State Theatre website but no other dates anywhere else; although, my google skills are poor.   I was hoping for a Boston date before / after.

Penny Lane

i'm dying for a new tour, too...think bold99 is hitting that show too--
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill