Main Menu

Ryan Adams

Started by sweatboard, Apr 02, 2011, 11:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BH

I got nothing 2 seconds into it and for the next 10 minutes.   Then Jason urged me to keep trying and I got 6th row center!   WTF?   I owe you big my friend.
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

ALady

Awesome!! Nice work, man - hope you have a blast!    :thumbsup:
if it falls apart or makes us millionaires

e_wind

Quote from: BH on Dec 01, 2011, 12:16 PM
I got nothing 2 seconds into it and for the next 10 minutes.   Then Jason urged me to keep trying and I got 6th row center!   WTF?   I owe you big my friend.

it may be livenation thing. the same sort of thing happened to me withthe fleet foxes. I kept getting sold out and bad seats for 10 minutes then I pulled row g or something.

at one point i had center, front row of the lower balcony for this ryan adams show and i decided to try for better. in retrospect that wouldve been awesome
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

MrWhippy

If the Ryan Adams show in Baltimore last night would have been just the music, it would have been one of my favorite shows of the year.  The 30-40 minutes of between-song banter really took away from it, though.

Do other people have this issue with him?  I don't find him endearing or funny, just someone who seems to try way to hard to make it seem like he's not trying or doesn't care.  I will say, though, that he has at least gotten a little less obnoxious over the years.

I was really surprised to hear four whiskeytown songs last night, and he did an amazing cover of Bob Mould's Black Sheets of Rain.

My heart can't wait to meet you on the other side.

BH

Jason Isbell just added to my Ryan Adams show!   
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

ALady

Where's your show, BH?  I'd love to see them together again.

BH

The Peobody Opera House in St. Louis.   It used to be the Kiel Opera House for half a decade but closed in 91.  It just reopened this year with Wilco as the first rock show.   I have not been yet so I'm looking forward to this for many reasons.

ALady

Wow, gorgeous.  Hope to see you there!

BH

Quote from: ALady on Jan 09, 2012, 12:54 PM
Wow, gorgeous.  Hope to see you there!

Seriously?  Keep me updated!

ralph

Off to see Ryan Adams (with Jason Isbell) tonight.  Should be great.

I know he wont play anything off it but I've got III/IV cranked up.  Still love this record. So much better than what people give it credit for.  There's a hook in every song, you just have to find it... Haha! I just sounded like a Radiohead fan!  ;D
At my house, we call them uh-ohs.

weeniebeenie

Quote from: ralph on Mar 03, 2012, 12:49 AM

I know he wont play anything off it but I've got III/IV cranked up.  Still love this record. So much better than what people give it credit for.  There's a hook in every song, you just have to find it... Haha! I just sounded like a Radiohead fan!  ;D

Lucky!! Love Ryan, love Jason- it should be a great show.
I couldn't go to the Sydney one but apparently it was awesome. Did you watch him on the Adam Hills show?
How loud can silence get?

sweatboard

yep 3/4 is a great record.  I guess when you are a genuis things get lost in the shuffle.  I'm still a fan.  I might have to check out Orion.
There's Still Time.........

ralph

Quote from: weeniebeenie on Mar 03, 2012, 05:24 AM

Lucky!! Love Ryan, love Jason- it should be a great show.
I couldn't go to the Sydney one but apparently it was awesome. Did you watch him on the Adam Hills show?

Great performance on Adam Hills weenie.  Such a dodgy TV show though...

Amazing performance at The Regent Theatre too.  Dude is freakishly talented.
At my house, we call them uh-ohs.

LBSUNFLWR

not crazy about either of the 2 new songs I have heard, but I am crazy about Ryan and have been for a long time. Whether this new album is great or not, I hope there will be a tour and I most definitely will be at any and every show within 3-4 hours of home...

BH

Has anyone found a place to hear this single without having spotify?

bigloop

sweatboard

The recording of the guitars and keys on this new record are amazing.  The songs are pretty sweet too.  I dig it!
There's Still Time.........

bartel

digging the new album.. that is all.

ManNamedTruth

Best album since Easy Tiger? I love that the vinyl come with a vinyl rip digital download instead of mp3's - a much cooler feature than any holograms, gadgets, or other whirleygigs Jack White comes up with.
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!