Main Menu

Ryan Adams

Started by sweatboard, Apr 02, 2011, 11:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChiefOKONO

e_wind

DAMMIT I can't afford to go to Chicago for RA and NYC for MMJ in one week
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

ALady

Ryan Adams and Wilco on back to back nights in December.   :thumbsup:

Also pretty psyched about bluesky joining me for the Big Sur show!   :D
if it falls apart or makes us millionaires

ophidiophobia

This new album is fantastic. It's his best album that he has done in a long time. I love the acoustic tunes. It is a nice change from his last album, Orion ;D

BH

Quote from: ALady on Sep 26, 2011, 02:06 PM

What's the Cadillac Palace like?   Probably a long shot but I'm considering travelling to Chicago for this.
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

Penny Lane

that is awesome on both fronts!
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

ALady

Quote from: BH on Sep 26, 2011, 03:17 PM

What's the Cadillac Palace like?   Probably a long shot but I'm considering travelling to Chicago for this.

Ohhhh, do it BH!  I haven't been there in years but it's a nice old theater that usually hosts traveling Broadway shows.  It's smallish - 2300, apparently?

Ghosts_on_TV

I'm going to either Philly or Baltimore.
Some girls mothers are bigger than others girls mothers...

Penny Lane

i love this album...i've been waiting and waiting and waiting and waiting and waiting for this from him for so long....for once, i don't really care too much about seeing him live, i'm just grateful for this album, to listen to with my good headphones on laying in bed....

*Do I wait
*I love you But I don't know what to say

kjw818

Is it all acoustic? Solo? Just curious if any songs had a Cardinals vibe to them. I haven't had a chance to listen to any of the streams.

BH

It IS a great album.   All the best of Ryan one song after another.   This will be a great addition to fall 2011.    That last song, woah.
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

ALady

I has a ticket for Chicago now too   :)

ALady

Quote from: kjw818 on Sep 28, 2011, 09:35 PM
Is it all acoustic? Solo? Just curious if any songs had a Cardinals vibe to them. I haven't had a chance to listen to any of the streams.

There are backing musicians, but it's pretty stripped down.  Benmont Tench (of the Heartbreakers) plays piano/Hammond on a couple of the tracks and adds a lot to the vibe IMO.

BH

Quote from: ALady on Sep 29, 2011, 11:56 AM
I has a ticket for Chicago now too   :)

Looks like I'm out.   I forgot about a family reunion that day that I commited to.   It will be nice to see a bunch of my long lost relatives, but I'm sure none of them are going to play me an achingly beautiful acoustic ballad.   :'(

ALady

Penny Lane

This album is incredible. One of my favorites since Heartbreaker and Gold. Listening to the Denver show from the other night, the song Ashes and Fire is so beautiful...

ralph

picked this up today. Listened a few times now and agree with what everyone has said - its got some real pretty tunes and I love the stripped back feel of it. Benmont adds some great warmth to it with his keys.

I do hope he picks up an electric guitar a little bit more next time though...
At my house, we call them uh-ohs.

BH

I think he's on Conan tonight.