Main Menu

Strand Of Oaks

Started by BH, Apr 06, 2011, 01:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghosts_on_TV

Some girls mothers are bigger than others girls mothers...

Ghosts_on_TV

Like, crazy synthy goodness.   #darkshoresisgoingtoblowyourmind

BH

Quote from: Ghosts_on_TV on Sep 24, 2011, 05:42 AM
Like, crazy synthy goodness.   #darkshoresisgoingtoblowyourmind

If it's anything like that Moby cover, I'm going to be a pig in shit.
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

BH

Have you heard anything about this Dave?   Will it ever be available on DVD I wonder....

http://www.filmthreat.com/reviews/40658/
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

Ghosts_on_TV

Quote from: BH on Oct 03, 2011, 06:00 PM
Have you heard anything about this Dave?   Will it ever be available on DVD I wonder....

http://www.filmthreat.com/reviews/40658/

Yeah, I might be in it, actually.  ;D I'm not really sure, but they filmed me and one of the guys from juniper tar talking about Wilkes-Barre. To be honest, I kind of hope I'm not, I was a bit drunk, and I tend to repeat myself. That show was fantastic though, at this old man bar called Donahues, which is kind of known around WB as the bar you can get into underage. They only have genny on draught. It's a cool place though. John, one of the guys in High Frequency Media, actually got in touch with me through their Facebook page to see if I could hold a screening for it in Wilkes-Barre, but its not looking likely, unfortunately. But I'm pretty sure there is going to be a DVD release of it sometime down the road.

BH

That's cool!   The little two minute clip gives me the chills.   What's the story with Juniper Tar?   Any good?

Ghosts_on_TV

Quote from: BH on Oct 04, 2011, 09:54 AM
That's cool!   The little two minute clip gives me the chills.   What's the story with Juniper Tar?   Any good?

Yeah, they're awesome. I was actually going to use thier first one as my pick for the album club, but switched. They have a full length and an ep and are working on a new lp now. They're on spotify if you have it, check em out!

Ghosts_on_TV

It's looking like a January release for the new album.

bluesky

they're playing mercury lounge in nyc on the 4th of November!  :thumbsup:

Ghosts_on_TV

Quote from: bluesky on Oct 12, 2011, 01:44 PM

Yeah, with Crooked Fingers. You should go!

YouAre_GivenToFly

Just heard of this guy recently... really like that first album. I think I heard he's from around Philly somewhere?

Anyway, probably going to his show at Johnny Brendas (a gret venue if you're in Philly).
The wind blew me back, via Chicago, in the middle of the night.

BH

Quote from: YouAre_GivenToFly on Oct 12, 2011, 04:10 PM
Just heard of this guy recently... really like that first album. I think I heard he's from around Philly somewhere?

Anyway, probably going to his show at Johnny Brendas (a gret venue if you're in Philly).

You HAVE to go.   You will not be dissapointed.

Ghosts_on_TV

Quote from: YouAre_GivenToFly on Oct 12, 2011, 04:10 PM

He's based in Philly now, from Wilkes-Barre (via Indiana)  though.
And yes, go to Johnny Brendas.

Ghosts_on_TV

I'm going to see them on Friday in Wilkes-Barre. A pre tour show before they head out with Crooked Fingers. First time seeing the new band, I'm excited. Probably some new songs i haven't heard yet as well.

Penny Lane

So they just have the one album and one on the way?
I can't stop listening, probably will go to the Hoboken show.
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

bluesky

Quote from: Ghosts_on_TV on Oct 12, 2011, 02:20 PM
Quote from: bluesky on Oct 12, 2011, 01:44 PM

Yeah, with Crooked Fingers. You should go!

Gonna try and make it! Penny why don't you come to this show instead jersey?

tdb810

I can't believe I'm missing the NJ and NY shows!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I find myself somewhat obsessed with this music. 
Hope you guys enjoy it for me :)  I will be in Cali, which I guess is a pretty decent trade-off.
.....Back at the Model Home

Ghosts_on_TV

Quote from: Penny Lane on Oct 12, 2011, 05:39 PM
So they just have the one album and one on the way?
I can't stop listening, probably will go to the Hoboken show.

No there's 2. Leave Ruin and Killdragon.

tdb810

Quote from: Ghosts_on_TV on Oct 12, 2011, 04:26 PM
I'm going to see them on Friday in Wilkes-Barre. A pre tour show before they head out with Crooked Fingers. First time seeing the new band, I'm excited. Probably some new songs i haven't heard yet as well.
how was it? how was it? how was it?
.....Back at the Model Home

Ghosts_on_TV

Quote from: tdb810 on Oct 15, 2011, 09:11 PM
Quote from: Ghosts_on_TV on Oct 12, 2011, 04:26 PM
how was it? how was it? how was it?

It was great! They played 2 new songs, dark shores and a song I've never heard before. Last to swim, Alex Kona, bonfire, sister evangeline....I forget. The band is trippy as shit, very ambient. Bad news is that Tim told me that the new album won't be out in January. The way he said it makes it sound like it might be a while.