Main Menu

Strand Of Oaks

Started by BH, Apr 06, 2011, 01:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghosts_on_TV

Some girls mothers are bigger than others girls mothers...

BH

I guess he will do Shut In on Seth Myers don't you think???

It's a shame he had to cancel a show for it.   There were probably going to be more people at that show than there will be watching Seth Myers.   
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

Ghosts_on_TV

Quote from: BH on Aug 06, 2014, 04:00 PM
I guess he will do Shut In on Seth Myers don't you think???

It's a shame he had to cancel a show for it.   There were probably going to be more people at that show than there will be watching Seth Myers.   

Its rescheduled.

Northern Neighbour

Yes, they'll perform "Shut In" on Seth Meyers, as Timothy stated last night during the Montreal show.

He said they'll be playing at the Horseshoe Tavern in Toronto in December.

graf

still no sign of that 7'' incl. The National cover?

dmooney99

Philadelphia! We are so excited to announce our BIGGEST show in our HOMETOWN. Please join us at Union Transfer on Wednesday, December 3rd. Tickets on sale Friday at noon. Help us spread the word!  :smiley:

APR

Saw these guys last night with Mr. and Mrs. GO4IT.  It was a great.  Good mix of loud rocking songs to start and end the show with a quiet, mellow middle stretch with just Tim and keyboardist.  Tim kept saying how much fun his job of playing music is and had to stop himself from talking and thanking everyone for coming so that he wouldn't get too emotional.  I'm sure Tim will be more emotional in the upcoming Philly home shows.

GO4IT

Quote from: APR on Sep 15, 2014, 11:05 AM
Saw these guys last night with Mr. and Mrs. GO4IT.  It was a great.  Good mix of loud rocking songs to start and end the show with a quiet, mellow middle stretch with just Tim and keyboardist.  Tim kept saying how much fun his job of playing music is and had to stop himself from talking and thanking everyone for coming so that he wouldn't get too emotional.  I'm sure Tim will be more emotional in the upcoming Philly home shows.
Great show and fun as always sharing with APR as we have many shows in the area.
Here's my one video from the very intimate DC9 Club.  Plymouth....
Strand of Oaks - Plymouth - DC9, Washington, DC - September 14, 2014

GO4IT

This video posted today is a hoot:

http://www.avclub.com/video/strand-oaks-covers-asia-209240

The woman (can't remember her name but Tim said her husband was at DC9 keeping a close eye on her) on the keyboards apparently has a serious popcorn addiction!

dmooney99

Quote from: dmooney99 on Aug 12, 2014, 10:06 PM
Philadelphia! We are so excited to announce our BIGGEST show in our HOMETOWN. Please join us at Union Transfer on Wednesday, December 3rd. Tickets on sale Friday at noon. Help us spread the word!  :smiley:

Awesome show!
Very fun enthusiastic vibe from him.  At the end of the show he went into the crowd to high five people, hug, take pics, etc...  Also "Slo Mo" Mike Brenner joined on stage for "JM".  They did a cover of The Replacements song "Alex Chilton" which was good (I had never heard of the song before though).

Same Emotions
HEAL
Last to Swim
Goshen '97
For Me
JM (w/ Mike Brenner)
My Wrecking Ball (Ryan Adams cover)
Diamond Drill
Woke Up To The Light
Shut In
Satellite Moon
Plymouth
Sterling
Wait For Love

Encore:
Alex Chilton (The Replacements cover)
Mirage Year

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2nn_el1yC2s

Ghosts_on_TV

Oaks will be at Bonnaroo this year.

GO4IT

Has there really been no Strand of Oaks action on this forum since last Dec. :huh:

Anyway, maybe that's about to change with all the upcoming dates with the boys starting at the end of this month.

We saw Tim & co. last night with Ruckus and Ms Ruckus.  Ms GO4IT and I didn't realize they were dancing almost in front of us up close until after the show, LOL.  It was a short set, around an hour, but a nice fix for a Tues night and got home at a decent hour even after talking with Tim and Ruckus after the show.

Santo

Here is JM from last night's show in Boise.

Ghosts_on_TV

Work on the new album has started.

Clarkwork

Can't wait,  The Heal Album is just perfect.
If you don't know for yourself, how could you ever know for me....

CHIMMJFAN

Last "Heal" show in Chicago 12/4 at the Metro, just got tix! Can't wait, and really excited for the new album!

CHIMMJFAN
"He got tired of walkin' a tightrope"

uwmryan

johnnYYac

I collected a few covers from Strand of Oaks, if you like.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/0v1wi2xa11b1qkw/Strand_of_Oaks_-_Covers.zip

Heat of the Moment (Asia)
Pink Rabbits (The National)
Wonderful (The Way I Feel) (My Morning Jacket)
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

CHIMMJFAN

Quote from: johnnYYac on Nov 21, 2015, 03:30 PM
I collected a few covers from Strand of Oaks, if you like.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/0v1wi2xa11b1qkw/Strand_of_Oaks_-_Covers.zip

Heat of the Moment (Asia)
Pink Rabbits (The National)
Wonderful (The Way I Feel) (My Morning Jacket)

Thanks for the links, sound pretty good!

CHIMMJFAN
"He got tired of walkin' a tightrope"

Santo

From Strand of Oaks Facebook...

I can't say thank you enough. To everyone that has supported my band in any way. I have had an amazing year and, as a small token of my thanks to everyone, I've made my first three albums available for free download today. Grab them if you don't have them or send them to a friend. I could not do what I do without each and every one of you. Happy Thanksgiving!
Free Downloads: https://strandofoaks.bandcamp.com