Main Menu

Strand Of Oaks

Started by BH, Apr 06, 2011, 01:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Clarkwork

Really hoping to catch them live soon.  He would make a great addition to OBH3 in 17.
If you don't know for yourself, how could you ever know for me....

Ghosts_on_TV

Anyone doing the Philly solo shows? Jason Anderson is playing with Tim and opening the first night, he's great as well. I have tix for both.
Some girls mothers are bigger than others girls mothers...

CHIMMJFAN

So bummed, just got word that the Chicago show this Friday at the Metro has been cancelled due to unforseen circumstances. Hopefully Strand of Oaks will be able to make it up another date.

CHIMMJFAN
"He got tired of walkin' a tightrope"

Murph

New record is finished according to his Instagram... That'd be a nice surprise

CHIMMJFAN

Quote from: Murph on Apr 12, 2016, 06:46 PM
New record is finished according to his Instagram... That'd be a nice surprise

Wow, I can't believe the new album is complete already, I wasn't expecting anything until the end of the year, this is great news!

CHIMMJFAN
"He got tired of walkin' a tightrope"

GO4IT

They are playing at the Boot and Saddle in Philly on Dec 2 and 3.  Same place we'll see Carl playing in Nov (just checked and that show is sold out).  Working on Ms GO4IT now for a return trip to Philly just 3 weeks later.  Sounds reasonable to me :grin:

GO4IT

Well, Ms GO4IT hesitated and both shows sold out. Now they've added a third show on Sunday. Bummer. :cry:

Ghosts_on_TV

Derek713

New album comes out 2/17/17. I just snagged tickets to see him in Houston and thinking about doing Austin as well. Both at small fairly small venues.

APR

Tour dates announced also.  Twin Limb is opening.  That's a great one-two punch!

BH

Deluxe version of new Vinyl comes with CD, 7" bonus vinyl, poster, keychain and download for only $27.   Pretty good deal.
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

Nikkogino

New album available to DL if you preorder from site.

johnnYYac

I was trying to figure out how to catch Strand of Oaks this spring, didn't see any Iowa dates, then caught that he's opening for Jason Isbell in Peoria on May 6.  Seems Tim is opening for Isbell for 5 shows, two before Boston Calling in early May and three after BC in late May.  I'd prefer a headlining show but this works, too.
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

Nikkogino

Y'all like the new album?  It bored me at first but it is definitely a grower.

Clarkwork

Quote from: Nikkogino on Feb 14, 2017, 08:43 PM
Y'all like the new album?  It bored me at first but it is definitely a grower.

Have not heard it yet, still waiting on my vinyl
If you don't know for yourself, how could you ever know for me....

Ghosts_on_TV

johnnYYac

The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

BH

Salt Brothers indeed.   And Everything.  So good.
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

Nikkogino

Quote from: BH on Feb 22, 2017, 05:07 PM
Salt Brothers indeed.   And Everything.  So good.
These sad songs are breaking my heeeeeeart!

Top 3 songs:
Hard Love
Salt Brothers
On the Hill