Started by BH, Apr 06, 2011, 01:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

millerjustin

stand by for some sorta big news 
What's in here won't disappear

sillyboob

Quote from: millerjustin on Mar 28, 2018, 09:44 AM

Good to hear.  How long should we be standing by?
Cuz it's been so long since someone shattered me.

robb

Quote from: millerjustin on Mar 28, 2018, 09:44 AM

if we're thinking of the same thing, super stoked about this.
some get stoned, some get strange, sooner or later it all gets real.

parkervb

Jim producing his next album?

The band backing Tim?

Don't you ever turn it off

millerjustin

Tim is the new Ray

parkervb

Come Closer

More music from him so soon? Wow.

sillyboob

So what's the news?

millerjustin

Quote from: sillyboob on Mar 29, 2018, 01:32 PM
So what's the news?

well, since this seems to have spread like wildfire elsewhere, 4/5 Jacket in studio now with Tim at La La Land.  Tour announcement imminent.  Most of our boys will be hard at work late summer/early Fall similar to the RL tour back in '16.  And don't worry, Jim will be announcing something soon too......

MOWJO8185

Wait, I was under the impression some of the guys were touring with Ray again for his new album? And that Bo is with Roger Waters? This would seem to conflict with that, unless there is some separation in the dates.

sillyboob

Quote from: millerjustin on Mar 29, 2018, 02:30 PM
Quote from: sillyboob on Mar 29, 2018, 01:32 PM
So what's the news?

well, since this seems to have spread like wildfire elsewhere, 4/5 Jacket in studio now with Tim at La La Land.  Tour announcement imminent.  Most of our boys will be hard at work late summer/early Fall similar to the RL tour back in '16.  And don't worry, Jim will be announcing something soon too......

Very cool to hear!!

jttouch2

Quote from: MOWJO8185 on Mar 29, 2018, 02:38 PM
Wait, I was under the impression some of the guys were touring with Ray again for his new album? And that Bo is with Roger Waters? This would seem to conflict with that, unless there is some separation in the dates.
Waters has been off for the past month-ish, so they've had a pretty big chunk of time with Bo I would believe.

rkwedge

Quote from: jttouch2 on Mar 29, 2018, 05:29 PM
Waters has been off for the past month-ish, so they've had a pretty big chunk of time with Bo I would believe.
Agreed, Tom's mother told me at OBH4 that they were heading to a studio right after OBH4. I doubt Bo will be touring with them as the Roger Waters tour in Europe starts mid April and pretty much goes most of the year other than Sept. That would have left him a good 6 weeks to record with Timothy and the boys though. Great to hear no ones idle this year.  Still trying to figure out how to go see Jim open for Robert Plant in Berkeley. My two favorite vocalists of all time.
It's the art of feelin' naked in your clothes

parkervb

Quote from: rkwedge on Mar 29, 2018, 05:39 PM
Quote from: jttouch2 on Mar 29, 2018, 05:29 PM
Agreed, Tom's mother told me at OBH4 that they were heading to a studio right after OBH4. I doubt Bo will be touring with them as the Roger Waters tour in Europe starts mid April and pretty much goes most of the year other than Sept. That would have left him a good 6 weeks to record with Timothy and the boys though. Great to hear no ones idle this year.  Still trying to figure out how to go see Jim open for Robert Plant in Berkeley. My two favorite vocalists of all time.

yea, iirc Bo was filling in for someone anyways.

very excited to get more info. thanks for sharing Justin

klegel

Dabbled, but have not dove too deep into this band. I see where Carl is playing pedal steel with them on a 3 night set in Philadelphia (Dec 6-8). Anyone been to a show of theirs?

P.S. the search function on here hasn't been working for me recently, so my apologies if there is a deeper thread on this band.

https://southphillyreview.com/interview-strand-of-oaks-tim-showalter-6330e35ca4b1

robb

tim is incredible and his shows rule, if you can make it out, i can't suggest it enough.
some get stoned, some get strange, sooner or later it all gets real.

MMJTX

Agree, saw him about 2 years ago i guess, great show! Small venue, was fantastic
Anytime

sillyboob

Really hoping to see Strand Of Oaks on the list of bands playing the next One Big Holiday.

Murph

https://www.instagram.com/p/BrYejcJBJoG/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

We all know Tim is friends with the guys, but he's a genuine die hard fan as well. 

CC