Europe ♥ My Morning Jacket

SaraBananaBear

iLikeBeer

^^^^ Good stuff SBB!   8)

SaraBananaBear

Quote from: iLikeBeer on Apr 17, 2011, 10:44 AM
^^^^ Good stuff SBB!   8)

Glad someone likes it! :) From what I heard Mike Mogis might be producing their next album, so that'll be interesting to hear  :D

Ruckus

I just got Big Black & the Blue in the mail two days ago.  It is excellent!  Because I'd been listening to Lion's Roar so much this year, I was stoked to hear how underproduced this album is.  Just gorgeous!

As for Lion's Roar, I just can't enough of it.  Just so catchy yet beautiful.  If this was the type of pop/folk/country that Nashville was pumping out, I'd be all in :beer:
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

Crispy

Quote from: Ruckus on Nov 02, 2012, 01:25 AM
I just got Big Black & the Blue in the mail two days ago.  It is excellent!  Because I'd been listening to Lion's Roar so much this year, I was stoked to hear how underproduced this album is.  Just gorgeous!

As for Lion's Roar, I just can't enough of it.  Just so catchy yet beautiful.  If this was the type of pop/folk/country that Nashville was pumping out, I'd be all in :beer:

All this and more, I need to get these records. Drunkens Trees is also great. Funny that one has to go to Sweden to get the kind of music Nashville could be making, but instead we have to ignore the current awful awfulness coming out of there. I saw a commercial for the CMA awards the other day and thought I was going to vomit.
"...the Bear, Heartbreakin' Man, Evelyn...I think we all know those."

ManNamedTruth

I highly recommend seeing them live, this video was taken from the show I was at a few months ago:
First Aid Kit: Emmylou - Live At The Show - AltarTV

and they do some pretty epic covers....

First Aid Kit - America (Live at Polar Music Prize)
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

GO4IT

I saw them at their scheduled set at the NFF and they were very good.  They also played in the Bose cave at some point and after that they were walking next to us in the crowd, pretty much unnoticed. Then, when I went to line up for Carl's show in the museum, I stumbled upon them playing in that tiny pop up tent by the museum (where random unknowns were playting throughout the festival) for like 25 people.  I have a photo of that I can post when I get back to the States.

SaraBananaBear

The Drunkens Trees EP is goodie, slightly obsessed with Jagadamba, You Might at the moment. :thumbsup: Also love this cover:

And when they join Bright Eyes for Lua, oh the beauty!

woodnymph

IIII LOOOOVE THEEEESE LADIEEEEESS!!!

When I first saw their youtube video (of the Fleet Foxes cover... it only had 200-some views at the time!), I was hesitant to embrace them, as I was head-over-heels for the Fleets.

But I am obsessed, now. And this Buffy-Saint Marie cover is stunning!! Saw the Simon & Garfunkel cover a month or so ago, and cried.

Saw them live in Asheville a few weeks ago!!!  ...became more obsessed (didn't think it was possible)

Love the Lion's Roar, love The Big Black and Blue, and only just acquired Drunken Trees (and love it too!!!)

Some of the most beautiful harmonies ever...........
Daylight is good at arriving in the night time

SaraBananaBear

BH

I wore the grooves off of Lion's Roar when it came out.   I didn't even realize there were other releases!   
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

SaraBananaBear

Quote from: BH on Nov 05, 2012, 07:30 PM
I wore the grooves off of Lion's Roar when it came out.   I didn't even realize there were other releases!

Go check 'em out BH and let us know what you think! :thumbsup:

GO4IT

Quote from: GO4IT on Nov 03, 2012, 04:59 AM
I saw them at their scheduled set at the NFF and they were very good.  They also played in the Bose cave at some point and after that they were walking next to us in the crowd, pretty much unnoticed. Then, when I went to line up for Carl's show in the museum, I stumbled upon them playing in that tiny pop up tent by the museum (where random unknowns were playting throughout the festival) for like 25 people.  I have a photo of that I can post when I get back to the States.

Here's a pix of them playing for a few lucky fans by the museum that I happened to stumble upon (a common occurrence at the NFF and what makes it such an amazing festival).

GO4IT

Quote from: GO4IT on Nov 08, 2012, 10:20 PM
Quote from: GO4IT on Nov 03, 2012, 04:59 AM

Here's a pix of them playing for a few lucky fans by the museum that I happened to stumble upon (a common occurrence at the NFF and what makes it such an amazing festival).

woodnymph

Daylight is good at arriving in the night time

Come Closer

Stay Gold is streaming on NPR. Kinda disappointed, some great songs but not nearly as good as The Lion's Roar.

ffghtrs

Can you keep it simple? Can you let the snare crack? Can you let it move without holding back?

Willard1979

I just discovered them through their cover of R.E.M.s Walk Unafraid. OMG these girls can sing!! Ive got th song Emmylou on repeat at the moment. love it!