Two sided question

Started by otter, Apr 25, 2003, 12:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

otter

What was the best My Morning Jacket show ever.

What is the best My Morning Jacket show that someone has a hard copy of?-     Can I get a copy?

danilove

That's a loaded question...and I don't have a straight answer...
I think the experience of each show is uniques unto itself. For example, some of the most memorable shows for me:
1)That Headliner's show in 2002, when my friends and I rushed the stage, and I sang "Happy 21st Birthday" to my friend Jessica...I vividly remember that the monitor was not working, and hoped (for Jim's sake) that the sound man would correct it after I finished warbling...
2) Then there was that show in Lexington, when they opened for "Howlin' Maggie"...BTW- HM's Happy Chichester has a fuckin' awesome stage presence...and;
3) Seein' the boys play NYC was pretty unbelievable; especially given that the show sold out before 7pm...Wow. that's enough to blow anyone away...(It's soooooooo incredible to see folks hungry to hear the Jacket...Dude- It's utter magic...)
biggafunkychunkycookiescaryhairywookiemonkey

jezebel

yup, the new york mercury lounge show was beautiful...i love seeing the more-tortured-than-thou disenchanted hipster youths getting so caught up that they actually throw their hands up and start hollering with the rest of us. plus just the general feeling of the KY making such an impact and damn near burnin' the place down...

peanut butter puddin surprise

Y'all are right...it does depend.

For me, one of the best live shows was a radio benefit that MMJ was a part of at Headliner's.

I think the crowd, at first, expected a Jim James solo show.  There were chairs set up close to the stage, for chrissakes.  I don't think I've ever seen people move that quick once the music started...all the hair, the wall of 100 decibel rawk just kicking the hell out of those sitting down, just amazing.  After a little while, the crowd wasn't sitting anymore.  I still remember the expressions of those who were sitting-they seemed genuinely blown away that MMJ were going to rock out instead of playing acoustic numbers...

ah memories.  Or, the faint impression of a hazy, Headliner's evening punctuated by the best band in america... :)
Runnin' from somethin' that isn't there