The Ravenna Colt (aka Johnny Quaid, original MMJ guitarist)

Started by karatebody, Apr 23, 2011, 01:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

karatebody

The Ravenna Colt (Johnny Quaid, former guitarist of My Morning Jacket) debut LP in stores now and available direct from Karate Body Records LLC (www.karatebodyrecords.com). Limited edition, hand-numbered LP comes with a free download, and only 60 copies are left.

www.karatebodyrecords.com
www.theravennacolt.com

Digital version of "Slight Spell" available now from removador.com.

e_wind

Where we're going, we don't need no roads
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

tdb810

.....Back at the Model Home

aMillionDreams

The next 8 people to "like" Karatebody records on facebook gets this album for free.
The Unofficial Official MMJ Guitar Tabs Archive
[url="http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/"]http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/[/url]

jaye

Quote from: aMillionDreams on Dec 16, 2011, 12:10 PM
The next 8 people to "like" Karatebody records on facebook gets this album for free.

Hmmm - how does that work?  I did it but never saw that offer? 

mahg33ta

Quote from: jaye on Dec 16, 2011, 01:48 PM

yeah me too just out of curiousity

jones

Quote from: mahg33ta on Dec 16, 2011, 03:40 PM
Quote from: jaye on Dec 16, 2011, 01:48 PM

yeah me too just out of curiousity
They posted it on their wall.

Hawkeye

I tried on my phone but it wouldn't locate their page...I think it was just a phone issue.  Been meaning to check these guys out, though!
We could.

MarkW

Cheers aMD - just got a message to say that I've got a signed copy on the way...
The trouble with the straight and the narrow is it's so thin, I keep sliding off to the side

jaye

Quote from: MarkW on Dec 19, 2011, 02:47 PM

Cheers aMD - just got a message to say that I've got a signed copy on the way...

same here!  Thanks so much for the heads up.  :)

aMillionDreams

My pleasure. Glad I could indirectly hook you all up!
The Unofficial Official MMJ Guitar Tabs Archive
[url="http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/"]http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/[/url]

jones

Yep, I'm getting one, too!  Thanks, D.

Crispy

Me too! Thanks, Dylan! That'll go well with my LP.
"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"

theredtide

Must have missed out on this. I liked the post first and then a day or so later I liked the page. Not familiar enough with Facebook I guess!

What was the Like count prior to the contest?

MarkW

Quote from: MarkW on Dec 19, 2011, 02:47 PM

Got back from holiday to find it waiting for me.  Looking forward to giving it a spin, and it was signed as promised:

The trouble with the straight and the narrow is it's so thin, I keep sliding off to the side

MarkW

It's a pretty solid album.  There's definitely some early MMJ guitar sound in there.

johnnYYac

The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

EverythingChanges

Cool news, looks like he got 3/5 of Jacket to help him out.  Wonder if he regrets leaving the band?
I wonder why we listen to poets when nobody gives a fuck

Santo

I bet whoever bought that custom built house is going to have a kick ass loft up in that piece.

Crispy

Quote from: Santo on Sep 16, 2014, 09:22 PM
I bet whoever bought that custom built house is going to have a kick ass loft up in that piece.

:thumbsup:

After seeing that, I was hoping there would be a custom-built record shelf available in the pledge options, but no dice.
"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"