The Ravenna Colt (aka Johnny Quaid, original MMJ guitarist)

Started by karatebody, Apr 23, 2011, 01:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimsflyingv

Just ordered the vinyl........it will ease the pain till MMJ´s new record

Mr. White

I finally got a vinyl copy of Slight Spell just two weeks ago at Modern Cult Records in Louisville. I guess It was used because it was marked 164/500 in silver Sharpie marker on the back in the bottom left corner, and the download card didn't work with it. The vinyl was in excellent shape, though. I love it! I'm going to probably pledge for the $18 digital downloads of both Slight Spell (since mine didn't work or had been redeemed already) and the new album Terminal Current. I'll buy the vinyl when it hits the local stores in Louisville. Maybe Johnny will play some local show(s) where I can purchase it directly from him and maybe get an autograph. That would be the best.
Kentuckians For The Commonwealth (KFTC) Member Since 2011

jimsflyingv

Very nice, I got an email from Johnny who thanked me for supporting the Ravenna Colt and said that he hopes to come back to beautiful Germany.
Such a nice gesture, I am amazed :)

johnnYYac

Quote from: jimsflyingv on Sep 18, 2014, 12:27 AM
Very nice, I got an email from Johnny who thanked me for supporting the Ravenna Colt and said that he hopes to come back to beautiful Germany.
He reached to everyone who pledged with a personalized email. He's a great guy!
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

Mr. White

Quote from: johnnYYac on Sep 18, 2014, 01:46 AM
Quote from: jimsflyingv on Sep 18, 2014, 12:27 AM
He reached to everyone who pledged with a personalized email. He's a great guy!

Since it's Johnny's band's e-mail address, I decided to reply back after he responded with a thank you. He said, "Thanks for supporting The Ravenna Colt. Highly appreciate it! Hopefully we will cross paths in the bluegrass state!". My reply was to tell him I work up in Louisville and was sure hoping he plays some kind of album release show there. Johnny responded today with, "Yes, I will for sure. I'll keep you posted. Most likely in the spring." That was very welcome news!

Mr. White

Pledge campaign is currently at 30% with 51 days left. Keep on rockin'!

Mr. White

Quote from: johnnYYac on Sep 16, 2014, 01:33 PM
New album coming!  Pre order info...

http://www.pledgemusic.com/projects/theravennacolt

Johnny sent out the link to the download of the new album, Terminal Current, just yesterday. I've had the chance to listen to it all the way through about 3 and a half times. I like it a lot. It definitely has more of a country feel to it than I'm usually a big fan of, but I love Johnny's voice and the guitar work on the album. I'm glad to have been a backer for this project. Hopefully, he will put on an album release show sometime early in the new year.

meltingaway

here's a new track, "absolute contingency", in which jq enlists the help of one, tommy "two tone" blankenship:

http://blurtonline.com/news/track-premiere-ravenna-colt/

parkervb

Don't you ever turn it off

johnnYYac

The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

Santo

Here is a short article on the release parties he has scheduled so far. It includes some discussion of MMJ and has the new video...

http://www.boiseweekly.com/boise/the-ravenna-colt-releases-terminal-current/Content?oid=3406235

jimsflyingv

Just got my copy with a nice personal note from Johnny. He is really a nice guy !!

Santo

Quote from: jimsflyingv on Feb 19, 2015, 12:31 PM
Just got my copy with a nice personal note from Johnny. He is really a nice guy !!

Definitely. Went to the record store show tonight. Got to chat with him for few minutes. Couldn't have been nicer. I couldn't resist and took this video. Sound got a little messed up about half way through.

http://youtu.be/vrkGFcMsYwc

Mr. White

Here are the first few show dates recently posted on the band's Interweb site.

http://www.theravennacolt.com/shows/

(This is my simple copy/paste version.)

Shows

Date   City   Venue   Country

06/05/15   Davis, CA   Armadillo Music   US
Time: 6:00pm. solo in-store performance

06/13/15   Long Beach, CA   Fingerprints Record Store   US

06/26/15   Nampa, ID   Flying M   US
Time: 8:00pm.

07/15/15   Nashville, TN   Grimey's   US

07/16/15   Louisville, KY   Hay Market Whiskey   US

07/17/15   Cincinnati, OH   Shake It Records   US

07/17/15   Cincinnati, OH   The Drinkery   US

08/19/15   Boise, ID   Alive After Five   US

08/27/15   Charlotte, NC   Evening Muse   US

Mr. White

Look at what Johnny just posted (from Facebook)!

"SHOWTIME!
7-15 Grimey's Nashville, TN solo performance(free) maybe I can get Tom to come out and play a song with me, would that persuade you to come out?
7-16 HayMarket Whiskey Louisville, KY with the whole band, should be a rockin good time, Tender Mercy will join us! You can get ticket's now!
7-17 Shake It Records solo in store!
7-17 The Drinkery Cincinnati, OH Full band show with The Heavy Hinges. Things ALWAYS get a little cray cray in Cincy!
7-18 Forecastle???
8-19 Alive After Five, Boise ID"

Check out the line I bold printed! Just what I was hoping for...maybe...a sit-in with MMJ again, like Forecastle X in 2012...maybe...probably!

meltingaway

I keep coming back to this one, such a great album in my humble opinion.

I'm loving all the tracks, esp "Moira" -- near the middle(at 2:32) the line "Was this the work of cosmic forces?" It takes me somewhere maaaaan--the guitar and lyrics are perfect, love jq's sound...got that old school, hauntingly beautiful, lonesome, far-off, wide open spaces, early jacket sound.

Moira

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vq17tPreMUU

Mr. White

Roll Call for Johnny Quaid (The Ravenna Colt) at HayMarket Whiskey Bar in Louisville, Kentucky this Thursday, July 16, 2015. If you're in town, you had better be there!

1. Mr. White

Mr. White

There were lots of good people there last night for Johnny Quaid's album release show at the Haymarket Whiskey Bar in Louisville. Everyone had a wonderful time. Here is a video I shot of the song, "Like Pioneers" from Johnny's new album, Terminal Current.

kholl44

A huge thank you to everyone else at the show last night! It was my first time getting the full Jacket family experience and needless to say you all are amazing. Can't wait to rock out together again Saturday night!
I'm in love with this soul; it's a meaning that I understand

Mr. White

Just found this of Johnny performing "Knockin" On Heaven's Door" back in 2012.