Main Menu

10Club

Started by e_wind, Apr 24, 2011, 01:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

e_wind

After a couple years of putting it off, I decided it was finally time to join before this PJ20 announcement. But I was wondering, since I'm a brand new member am I still basically boned on tickets?
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

Randall

short answer: yes.
I've been a member for about 6 or 7 years, and have never hit the "lottery" - I'm always about half-way up at a 45 degree angle from the stage on one side or the other.  I missed a 10 club ticket drop one show and purchased ticket master tickets (which were virtually the same price as 10 club seats) and think I actually got better seats.  Each year I renew hoping that others have not and I'll get better seats, but I'm really close to just letting it go.  The past few tours haven't really done that much for me and the scene at the shows is getting old, and/or I'm just getting old and jaded.  Who knows - maybe you'll pull first row - in 7-8 shows I never have.  My friend has had his number about 2 or 3 years longer than I and is pretty consistently 5 rows in front of me.  He's never hit the lottery either.

Reggie

i've hit the lottery, 2nd row MSG II 08...don't give up hope.

e_wind

damn, well hopefully they'll have a tour this year for me to test it out on before I renew. Also, hopefully PJ20 has some benefits for members.

Im The Dude

I've been a member since 2006. I was one the floor probably 10-15 seats from the end. I've only used it one time since I can't get to their shows as much as I'd like. Plus, living in Pittsburgh doesn't help because no one plays here.

The other perk is the vinyl 7 inch you get each year.
7/9/03 6/8/04 10/4/08 5/2/10 8/27/10 10/18--10/23/10(T5) 8/10/11 8/12/11

weeniebeenie

I love being in 10C whether I get good seats or not (I joined in 2007). But I did get first row at an Eddie Vedder show this year which was great.
How loud can silence get?

mahg33ta

I'd say it's worth it just for the Vedder tickets, as those are assigned randomly not by seniority.

ALady

I'm pretty sure my membership has lapsed.   :embarassed:  My number wasn't any good anyway.
if it falls apart or makes us millionaires

buymycar

Been a member since '98.  Haven't been able to use my seniority for a local show since the '03 tour.  The last two times the band's been in the Bay Area, the shows have been GA.

My seniority got me excellent seats for the last L.A. show in '09, however.  So, it takes a while (around a decade, in my case)  for your seniority to kick in and get you good seats.  You gotta be in it for the long haul.

I also got 4th row for one of the Seattle Key Arena shows in '02.  That one was done by email lottery, if I recall correctly.  So, every once in a while, you might get lucky.

I've become jaded over the years, so I'm not going to be attending PJ20.  If they were touring behind a new album, I might consider it.  But, it's just too far away.

e_wind

That video today was pretty cool