American Dad (!)

Started by LaurieBlue, Oct 15, 2009, 11:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ALady

Zach Galifianakis cameos as a super-fan

YESSSSS.   ;D ;D ;D
if it falls apart or makes us millionaires

goose

Quotetoo weird. why would they have mmj of all bands? i mean i'm glad and love it but weird...

Maybe Seth's a fan. That'd be my guess.

I remember a post from last season that the daughter left to follow them on tour.  Isn't that correct?  Maybe they will become one of those drop in regulars after this.  Fox will have good ratings from all of us that night!
Hooked on four like one, two, three

the_wizzard

Quotetoo weird. why would they have mmj of all bands? i mean i'm glad and love it but weird...

Maybe Seth's a fan. That'd be my guess.

I remember a post from last season that the daughter left to follow them on tour.  Isn't that correct?  Maybe they will become one of those drop in regulars after this.  Fox will have good ratings from all of us that night!
"Somehow not surprisingly, this peculiar creative marriage is the result of the life-changing 4-hour show the Jackets played in the pouring rain at Bonnaroo '08: American Dad co-creator Mike Barker was at that show (along with yours truly), and if he manages to somehow capture the manic energy of Galifianakis prancing around the stage in a Lil' Orphan Annie dress while MMJ covers Motley Crue's "Home Sweet Home," he may have just penned the best episode of any television show, live or animated, in the history of the medium."

read the rest here, TTT breaks it down a little (some mutual love and respect) :)
http://music-mix.ew.com/2009/11/11/my-morning-jacket-american-dad/

xmascriminal

The most important part of that interview:

Blankenship says they'll be getting together for a week or two in January, and then maybe again in March to plot the followup to 2008's stupendous Evil Urges. "I think we're just going to spend most of next year writing and recording," he says.

8-). Hope there's a tour though. He doesn't mention anything about that.

Am I the only one who didn't know Two-Tone's real last name?

BH

QuoteThe most important part of that interview:

Blankenship says they'll be getting together for a week or two in January, and then maybe again in March to plot the followup to 2008's stupendous Evil Urges. "I think we're just going to spend most of next year writing and recording," he says.

That's nice to hear!   I'm predicting that they will play some festival stuff but no big full blown tour until late '10.  There is no way they are going to go two full summers with no festival shows.
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

goldenlady

QuoteAt first I was kinda worried that this would be one of those things where some kid over hears you talking about mmj and he says something like oh yeah that band from American dad I love them! that one song they have is awesome! But then I remembered nobody watches American dad ;D

My thoughts exactly...

ALady

That's nice to hear!   I'm predicting that they will play some festival stuff but no big full blown tour until late '10.  There is no way they are going to go two full summers with no festival shows.

I think and hope you are right, BH.

Soulshine

I think and hope you are right, BH.

Me too and I think we should prepare for a Roo/Jacket gathering. I can feeeeel it!
Because we're all in this together...

ALady

I just got chills   :D

aMillionDreams

I guess Tom didn't get that memo from management that they're touring next year.  Ghosts, maybe you can set him straight?  ;)
The Unofficial Official MMJ Guitar Tabs Archive
[url="http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/"]http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/[/url]

Sassbox

God sure baked a lot of fruitcake, baby.

Sassbox

QuoteGalifianakis prancing around the stage in a Lil' Orphan Annie dress

Sorry for the double post, but I had to dig up one of my favorite pics from Bonnaroo '08:

God sure baked a lot of fruitcake, baby.

The DARK

QuoteAHHH, that is great.  I can't wait to find out what song is playing that's making him tear up!  
steam engine, of course.

Prophetic....

QuoteMy Morning Jacket will appear as themselves on a November 22nd episode of American Dad, and bring with them songs like "I'm Amazed," "Steam Engine," and "Remnants."

In another time, in another place, in another face

Ghosts_on_TV

I guess Tom didn't get that memo from management that they're touring next year.  Ghosts, maybe you can set him straight?  ;)

Someone did post on here that they wrote to them and asked if they were playing Bonnaroo (Think it was Bonnaroo) last year, and they said there will be a tour in '10. Don't remember who it was though.
Some girls mothers are bigger than others girls mothers...

Ghosts_on_TV

I can't be the only one who remembers that. Tom doesn't make it sound promising though... :-/

aMillionDreams

QuoteI can't be the only one who remembers that. Tom doesn't make it sound promising though... :-/

I remember that. I also remember suggesting that it didn't seem accurate to me at the time. Nothing wrong with wishful thinking, I want a tour just as much as anyone, but I just don't think it's in the cards for next year. I could be wrong, but I'll trust Tom over a private message from management to a fan posted on the forum.  Just sayin'.
The Unofficial Official MMJ Guitar Tabs Archive
[url="http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/"]http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/[/url]

Ghosts_on_TV

QuoteI can't be the only one who remembers that. Tom doesn't make it sound promising though... :-/

I remember that. I also remember suggesting that it didn't seem accurate to me at the time. Nothing wrong with wishful thinking, I want a tour just as much as anyone, but I just don't think it's in the cards for next year. I could be wrong, but I'll trust Tom over a private message from management to a fan posted on the forum.  Just sayin'.

I hear ya, I'd trust Tom more too. Even more wishful thinking though, Tom did say they'll be spending MOST of next year writing and recording.   ;D

Who knows, but I can't see them going another whole year without any shows, even if it's just the festivals.

LaurieBlue

http://www.pollstar.com/blogs/news/archive/2009/11/12/697715.aspx

"To mark the occasion, MMJ will release a six-track digital EP through iTunes that also features dialogue clips taken from the show."

ALady

YESSSSSSSSSS.  This just keeps getting better and better!

Also, this.

Who knows, but I can't see them going another whole year without any shows, even if it's just the festivals.

megalicious

I'd settle for a festival show. Any Jacket show would be ok w/ me.

BTW: I already set my DVR to record the episode.
all facts begin as dreams dreamt by the wizard