LBSUNFLWR

HOLY SHIT!!!

CRB too!!!
and it's on my birthday.
this is incredible news, thank you! :)

Cameron

trying to talk the wife into this one.

APR

Solid!! Eddie will be in Nashville that weekend too.  Hopefully this means a fall tour in the East/South.   If MMJ or Jim or Carl solo gets added, then I'm definitely going to be checking flights for this.
I had to recheck the list since I didn't get the CRB reference.  That's as fun birthday.

slappymoe

Quote from: Cameron on Apr 17, 2017, 11:46 AM
hope you can make it!  your first beer is on me. :beer:

LBSUNFLWR

I bought my tickets just now. yesterday they only showed Price Level 1 at $119.00
I was going to wait but today it showed Price Level 2 at $139.00 along with $119.00.

If you know you're going to go best to buy now while you still can buy for $119.00.
With all charges it came to $136/ticket. Really not bad at all for all those bands!

Cameron

Quote from: slappymoe on Apr 17, 2017, 03:47 PM
Quote from: Cameron on Apr 17, 2017, 11:46 AM
hope you can make it!  your first beer is on me. :beer:

for sure.  we're doing a west coast trip in august so it might be tough to pull off both.

APR

Quote from: LBSUNFLWR on Apr 17, 2017, 10:42 AM
HOLY SHIT!!!

CRB too!!!
and it's on my birthday.
this is incredible news, thank you! :)

I don't know much about the CRB, but if you're a fan of Chris Robinson, try to check out his interview on Howard Stern from this week.  I'm half way thru it and am not only totally enjoying it, but also gaining a new level of respect for Chris.   Maybe to his fans, all this is not new, but I found it really cool and informative.   It's on Sirius on Demand and often available on You Tube (or snippets on Howard's website).

LBSUNFLWR

I listened to it the other night.
I'm sure there are some with differing opinions but I enjoyed it too. I've always known that Chris is opinionated and I like to hear what he has to say.

I really try to separate musician's personal lives with the love I have for their music. Whatever went on between Chris and Rich and broke up the band is sad to me bc I loved the band so much, but I don't feel I have to take sides. I am happily a fan of the CRB and I've also seen Rich Robinson solo a few times and will be seeing the new band he's formed with other members of The Black Crowes.

I also agree pretty much with what he said about John Mayer playing with The Dead, Dead and Co. etc.  But that's bc I've heard John Mayer's solo music and I think it's awful! If he just played guitar and didn't sing I would have felt a little better. I thought all of that was pretty funny in the interview.

APR

I like what he said about the music business and the rat race of going for fame and hiring extra writers to do so, etc.  I also like his opinions, that he isn't afraid to express them, and how he "isn't in the music business."  He has his music, which is its own cottage industry.  And he is very happy!  Good for him. 

I totally agree with you about Mayer solo.  I saw him with the Dead and Co, and while I'm not really a Dead fan or knowledgeable about them, I thought his playing was great and it sounded like the Dead.