Main Menu

Wax Fang

Started by Jackets N Pones, May 31, 2011, 07:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EverythingChanges

The new album is great!  I can't wait to get the vinyl copy soon.
I wonder why we listen to poets when nobody gives a fuck

EverythingChanges

The last minute or two of The Astronaut Pt. 2 sounds amazing.  The guitar work and keyboard work on this album is fucking awesome.

johnnYYac

Quote from: EverythingChanges on Jan 21, 2014, 07:15 PM
I got my download code today, too.  Haven't had a chance to listen today, but I might wait for my vinyl to arrive...
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

EverythingChanges

Quote from: johnnYYac on Jan 21, 2014, 09:53 PM
Quote from: EverythingChanges on Jan 21, 2014, 07:15 PM
I got my download code today, too.  Haven't had a chance to listen today, but I might wait for my vinyl to arrive...

It would be worth the wait.  I couldn't resist the temptation  :grin:.

Make sure to download your mp3 songs before tomorrow night though.  It looks like the code expires tomorrow, unless I looked at it incorrectly. 

Crispy

Holy SHIT, this is good. I couldn't wait for the record, got the mp3s and am rocking it now. Looking forward to hearing it on vinyl!
"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"

EverythingChanges

Anyone else hear the new album yet?  I'm really enjoying it.  I would like to see them play it from start to finish live. 

EDIT:

The more I listen to this album, the more I think it resembles a modern version of 2112.

BH

Worth the wait.  :shocked:
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

EverythingChanges

Have any of you got your vinyl yet?  I'm still waiting on mine.

johnnYYac

I got mine yesterday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EverythingChanges

Quote from: johnnYYac on Jan 28, 2014, 08:37 AM
I got mine yesterday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's what I am afraid of.  My USPS guy likes to drop packages off at my door (I live in an apartment complex).  I have complained to the office telling them to make the USPS guy drop packages off there like UPS and Fedex do, but I don't think they said a damn thing.  Hopefully mine hasn't been delivered and stolen yet. 

Did you get an email saying its been shipped or delivered?

EverythingChanges

Got my vinyl today!

I was emailing with Corey, their manager, and he had this to say about the album:

do yourself a favor and turn off your cellphone, turn out the lights, and blast the stereo for the ultimate listening experience. you will not be disappointed....

we're not doing any touring in the immediate future.  if we do play a show here or there it won't include the astronaut.   we do hope to one day be able to perform it in its entirety but until we have the resources to match the vision we have for the performance, we are holding off...but it will happen.

thanks for buying he record and let me know if you need anything else!

cheers
corey

Great guy...great band...buy this album.

Crispy

I got my Wax Fang wax today, and I'm glad you got yours, EC! Cool message and good advice too.

I just wish I hadn't been so excited and had been paying more attention when I was cutting the box open.  :angry:
"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"

EverythingChanges

Quote from: Crispy on Jan 29, 2014, 06:57 PM
I got my Wax Fang wax today, and I'm glad you got yours, EC! Cool message and good advice too.

I just wish I hadn't been so excited and had been paying more attention when I was cutting the box open.  :angry:

Did you ding the cover, or the actual record?

Crispy

Quote from: EverythingChanges on Jan 30, 2014, 02:34 PM
Quote from: Crispy on Jan 29, 2014, 06:57 PM

Did you ding the cover, or the actual record?

Just the cover, a small cut with the tip of my knife, but right on the visor of the astronaut helmet, and plenty visible. I'm too used to there being at least one layer of something between the tape on the box and the album. Arrrgh!

Crispy

This record defies all adequate description...it is so fucking good.

BH

Quote from: Crispy on Feb 02, 2014, 12:54 AM
This record defies all adequate description...it is so fucking good.

I heard if you start the album right when the lion roars at the beginning of Gravity, Clooney let's go of Sandra and drifts off into space right when Scott screams I miss my wife, I miss my children.  :shocked:
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

johnnYYac

EverythingChanges

Mr. White

Last week, I picked up an autographed copy of The Astronaut at Better Days Records in Louisville. It sounds really clean. I'm glad I waited to listen to it on vinyl for the first time through.
Kentuckians For The Commonwealth (KFTC) Member Since 2011

ffghtrs

I just got my first copy of a Wax Fang record, It is Mirror Mirror and it is so delicious.  I really need to learn to describe what i feel when i listen to records.  It's good they are a tight band and i hope to see them live.  anyone head Jessica Lea Mayfield's new record.  i ordered it because my record store didn't have it.  I hope it's good, i read its Grunge like and rocking vs. her more singer song writer self.  Love her voice and music. 
Can you keep it simple? Can you let the snare crack? Can you let it move without holding back?