Main Menu

Wax Fang

Started by Jackets N Pones, May 31, 2011, 07:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jackets N Pones

Just watched the new MMJ documentary again to get ready for tonight. Would like to purchase a Wax Fang album. Any recommendations? Definitely going to see these guys if they ever come to Houston! Thanks!
Here it is, in its entirety, our cover of ELO's Telephone Wire

el_chode

They only have an EP and and LP I believe. There's not much quantitative difference between the necessity of having both albums.
I'm surrounded by assholes

bumble

Get LaLaLand
I have the EP "Dark and Endless nights" as well but its one man band demo really.  Although the track sweet bloody murder is awesome!  Ratterman plays the kit on LaLaLand and he rules.
I met them after a show a few years back and they were very cool.  Went to see Aloha and they blew Aloha off the stage.  Asked where they were from and after he said L'ville we talked a bit about the jacket.  Who knew a few years later he would be asst engineer for Circuital.  And his mug is on the insert a few times as well.
Guitar player/singer uses a looper a slide and a theramin.  Pretty sweet and definitely original.

e_wind

I don't know where the original WF thread is, but stoked I get to finally see the, again since Yum Center show. Zazoos Friday!
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

mjk73

They are hitting up St Louis again as Dr Dog's opener. I do believe I will be attending that.

e_wind

Damn that's a show right there!

Curious, where did you get that info... I'm hoping they open up in Bloominhton as well.

mjk73

Quote from: e_wind on Aug 22, 2011, 02:00 PM
Damn that's a show right there!

Curious, where did you get that info... I'm hoping they open up in Bloominhton as well.
The venue's website.  http://www.firebirdstl.com/

I did a search and couldn't find any info anywhere else however.

sweatboard

What's the deal with these guys?  Is a new album on the way or not?  It's been to long!
There's Still Time.........

Ruckus

Quote from: sweatboard on Oct 05, 2011, 02:57 PM
What's the deal with these guys?  Is a new album on the way or not?  It's been to long!
Seconded.  Thanks to this board and joeyrogo, I totally fell for them.  Need new album pronto
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

BH

Not exactly prolific are they?  I'm dying for new Fang.   They are opening for Dr. Dog here.   I had already bought Chris Robinson tickets for that night so I'm going to try and figure out a way to do both.
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

e_wind

this may all be total BS, but this is what I think... They have professional lives. One of em is a teacher (I've been told this, don't quote me), and one has a family. Maybe they're just taking the band as an enjoyable thing, thus not in any hurry to tour/make new albums

BH

I know Kevin is constantly doing other projects/producing/guesting etc.
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

jones

This should be interesting:

https://www.facebook.com/#!/event.php?eid=265176806855558
(copy and paste; it won't link for some reason)

Copied from Facebook:

Venus in Fangs: A Wax Fang Tribute to the Velvet Underground

Time Thursday, October 27 at 9:00pm - October 28 at 2:00am
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Location The 5 Spot
1006 Forrest Avenue 
Nashville, TN
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Created By Wax Fang
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
More Info (615) 650-9333

sweatboard

That sounds HOT!!!  I want them to do Darling Nikki as if Velvet Underground were covering it. 

e_wind

damn not in louisville

Edit: announced another one next Friday in Louisville at my favorite bar. Mmmmm

sweatboard

Can someone give an update on these guys?  I there going to be a new record?

This is awesome.............

WAX FANG'S THE ASTRONAUT

aMillionDreams

There will be a new album but I don't know when.  Kevin has moved or is moving to Austin.  Not sure what that means for the band.  I saw Scott hanging with the bassist this Saturday but didn't want to ask.  Hopefully they can stay together.  There are only two fellows in this city who could possibly fill Kevin's shoes and Patrick already has a good gig.  The other one is Van Campbell maybe they could recruit him, but he's also got a good gig or two with Bonnie Prince Billy and the Black Diamond Heavies. 
The Unofficial Official MMJ Guitar Tabs Archive
[url="http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/"]http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/[/url]

sweatboard

Thanks Dylan.  I really hope they can stay together.  I would hate to see Kevin leave the band. 

Luna Moth

Met their manager getting some draft a few weeks ago in nash, he went to highschool with Jimbob and seemed like a good gent. Anyway he had killer pictures of them playing/recording(?) in the same church MMJ used. He wouldnt share any of the pics, especially ones with the big white owl hanging out in the church. Said they had finished recording their new album and had done the mastering on music row or were going to do it soon(?). Told me to download Astronaut pt. 1 & 2 from itunes and that it would blow my mind. Itunes only has pt. 1 for 2.99. Is that the right one to pick? Or do i need to keep looking for a pt. 1&2?

sweatboard

HOLY F.  THANK YOU, This is the news I've been waiting for.  I knew they couldn't be done.  The ep. is insane!!!!! pt1 and pt2, = must have.  The Church.....Just Get Ready.....Kevin in the church.  YES, I want him producing this explosion in our brains......