better quality louisville taping?

Started by AlwxanderD10, Jun 04, 2011, 07:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AlwxanderD10

which copy should i download.....?
The audience recording oooooor the webcast audio?

EasyRyder

I like the AUD. No skips and the reverby feel of the Palace really comes through well.

The heat in there kept the crowd pretty docile it seemed, and even Wonderful and Golden come through crystal clear!
"As citizens of eternity we ought to be without anxiety."

iLikeBeer

Quote from: EasyRyder on Jun 04, 2011, 07:29 PM
I like the AUD. No skips and the reverby feel of the Palace really comes through well.

The heat in there kept the crowd pretty docile it seemed, and even Wonderful and Golden come through crystal clear!

Agreed.  I think the aud is definitely the better choice!  :thumbsup:

rusty95

The audience recording feels more alive to me.  The mixing on the webcast is kinda up and down while the other is more consistent IMO.  The crowd comes through more and it was an awesome crowd, quiet at the right times and loud when the times called for it.  I feel the webcast didn't do the crowd any justice.  Notice when circuital starts the clapping adds to the build and fades perfectly as Jim starts to sing.  Crowd recordings can sometimes ruin a recording by being to talky, huh not on this night, the crowd was "focused".
Y'all got any disco ball back there?

iLikeBeer

Quote from: rusty95 on Jun 06, 2011, 09:03 PM
The audience recording feels more alive to me.  The mixing on the webcast is kinda up and down while the other is more consistent IMO.  The crowd comes through more and it was an awesome crowd, quiet at the right times and loud when the times called for it.  I feel the webcast didn't do the crowd any justice.  Notice when circuital starts the clapping adds to the build and fades perfectly as Jim starts to sing.  Crowd recordings can sometimes ruin a recording by being to talky, huh not on this night, the crowd was "focused".

Agreed 100%.  Also, spot on wrt the crowd being hushed at the right times and loud when it called for it.  I get so pissed at a show and the band plays slower songs and those not real familiar with the band take it as a cue to talk?!  That didn't happen on this night in Louisville!   

CTdeadhead

Downloading it now, man I love times like this~~~!!!!!!!