Feb 17, 2020, 08:32 pm

Dawes

Started by kotchishm, Jun 07, 2011, 01:02 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ralph

Those 1st 2 records are gold. I'd rather 2 Dawes sets at OBH2 than 2 BOH sets...
At my house, we call them uh-ohs.

rincon2

I don't really care who opens up for them. I'm there for 3 2.5 hour MMJ shows. Actually, the less I care for the openers, the more rested and less impaired I may be for the real show.

walterfredo

is Dawes worth seeing?  I thought I had seen them before but starting to think I haven't.  Haven't been blown away by any of their music I've listened to.  They're playing tonight in a tiny venue just a mile or so from my house, not sure they're worth $20 and staying up way past my bed time on a work night (yeah, I'm 40).

johnnYYac

Quote from: walterfredo on Oct 08, 2014, 03:02 pm
is Dawes worth seeing?  I thought I had seen them before but starting to think I haven't.  Haven't been blown away by any of their music I've listened to.  They're playing tonight in a tiny venue just a mile or so from my house, not sure they're worth $20 and staying up way past my bed time on a work night (yeah, I'm 40).
I caught Dawes in Iowa City last fall and enjoyed it.  I spoke with Taylor for a bit before the show.  Their set was solid.  That said, you seem less than enthused... And, of course, they'll be at OBH.
Close enough!

Angelo

I saw them open twice, most recently for Conor Oberst and was underwhelmed both times. I then saw them back Conor Oberst and they fucking ripped. I came to the realization while I watched the show that they are a really awesome backing band. I would see them back up Conor again in a heartbeat.

Angelo

And I don't say that in a disrespectful way at all. I mean it as a compliment even though it doesn't sound like one.

Lucius

Saw these guys last night in London, they were awesome! Been a fan ever since I saw them open for MMJ at Shepard's Bush Empire in 2015. They were on fire and the crowd was wild! I was at the barrier for the whole show with some of their hardcore fans that follow them everywhere who were all saying it was one of their best ever shows. Really nice of Taylor to hang out at the merch stand after the show and talk to everyone too, he's a really nice guy!

Their music is so much bigger live. As much as I love their albums I really hope they manage to replicate their live sound in the studio some day, on stage they're a whole other level!
Twitter - @MrsKray ___ Insta - lleewwiiss_nneewwttoonn