2011 Circuital Tour Posters

Started by walterfredo, Jun 16, 2011, 11:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

walterfredo

Milwaukee poster by Justin Helton of Status Serigraph

EasyRyder

Minneapolis, MN Walker Arts Center show - not sure if this has been posted anywhere yet

(w.fredo, that poster kicks ass. i wish i was going to the show so id have an excuse to buy one  :o)

"As citizens of eternity we ought to be without anxiety."

subinai

oh man wonder what merriweather's will look like

eleaf14

Fingers crossed for an Emek at the SB Bowl.

Jibiti

Do you think that Status Serigraph/MMJ.com will resell the Milwaukee poster? I didn't buy any merch until after the show since I was in the pit and they sold out.  :'(

walterfredo

Justin will definitely have some on his site.  I just asked him if he had any idea when that might be, I'll update this posting after I hear back from him.  Hopefully those who missed it at the show can grab one from him.

johnnYYac

The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

scosby2

subinai

sweet jesus that is nice. i'm still trying to find a brammer z/t5.

Tieoptional

The art for the Chicago show was really nice.

The quality of the poster, however, was very disappointing. Printed on card stock or something. Not signed. Not numbered.

First time I passed on purchasing an MMJ show poster.
The river's long... it is cold. It chills the body but not the soul.

1eyed_jack

Quote from: Tieoptional on Jun 19, 2011, 11:51 AM

The quality of the poster, however, was very disappointing. Printed on card stock or something. Not signed. Not numbered.

if you frame it and hang it up, then what's the difference if it's signed and numbered?

e_wind

Quote from: 1eyed_jack on Jun 19, 2011, 11:53 AM

if you frame it and hang it up, then what's the difference if it's signed and numbered?

i have way more posters than i could ever find places to hang up around here, its a completist/collectors thing. I agree the quality of the poster was whack. also, they didn't sell out of them so i have a feeling there is no real run amount that matters
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

Tieoptional

Just a personal thing. I did not think it was frameable/hangable quality. The posters from the 2008 Chicago show (nights one and two) on the other hand are two of my favorites. Screen-printed on quality paper. Awesome.

The quality was just not there this time around.

JDUB

Can anyone speak to the quality of the Milwaukee poster? I missed out on buying one, but from afar it appeared that it was a traditional paper poster rather than the heavy duty poster that we are used to seeing. I was also bummed that they didn't have the "bracelet system" in place this tour. The merch guy had no idea what that even was.

Ru-day

Amazing!! Thanks for posting the image. [
quote author=johnnYYac link=topic=14866.msg263596#msg263596 date=1308418839]
Chicago  6/17/11 Brammer

[/quote]

1eyed_jack

Quote from: Tieoptional on Jun 19, 2011, 12:35 PM

Just a personal thing. I did not think it was frameable/hangable quality. The posters from the 2008 Chicago show (nights one and two) on the other hand are two of my favorites. Screen-printed on quality paper. Awesome.

The quality was just not there this time around.

fair enough! different strokes I guess! I just think it looks cool and plan on putting it in a frame and hanging it up. I don't care how rare it is or if it's signed. as far as the paper quality goes it will be safe in a frame so no worries there

Sangban

just checking to make sure they have tubes for the posters as well...

also, anyone know who's doing the Oakland Fox theater poster?

Tieoptional

Quote from: Sangban on Jun 20, 2011, 01:55 PM
just checking to make sure they have tubes for the posters as well...

also, anyone know who's doing the Oakland Fox theater poster?

That was another thing... no tubes in Chicago (although that is fairly common). If I had really liked the quality of the poster, I would have got one, even without a tube, and just been really careful. Probably left it with my daughter and her husband who had box seats.

You might want to consider bringing your own tube, to be safe.

[Edit: Regarding the paper quality: this one just felt like a mass-printed poster - nothing art-like about it. Kind of a semi-glossy lithograph. Very much UNLIKE the previous posters I have purchased at MMJ shows or in the secondary market, where you can feel the love that went into making the poster.]

status_serigraph

Hey guys, I will have some copies of the Milwaukee poster up on my site this week. Im thinking Wednesday at a random time. Check back then!  :beer:
http://www.statusserigraph.com
[url="http://www.statusserigraph.com"]http://www.statusserigraph.com[/url]
[url="http://www.myspace.com/status_serigraph"]http://www.myspace.com/status_serigraph[/url]

rusty95

Can someone tell me if the Z t5 bramer poster was screenprint?  or the previous Chicago one he did?.  Looking at pictures neither looks to be screen printed.  Maybe the no screen print has something to do with the artist.

I for one thought the card stock was of good quality.  Jeez, could hardly roll that thing up.  The design is amazing ImO.  Has a great looking eye, (he has done eye art in the past), the heavenly rainbow, (as Jim put it), great color, and graphics all around.

As far as LE, Jason's other two he did for the band were very limited.  I picked mine up early, as soon as I got there and they had a decent stack,  went to get a drink right before encore and there were only a handful that I could see, they even had them rolled and banded.  As I was leaving the show I didn't see any, not even the ones hanging on display.

Maybe there were some still there but if so, I didn't see them. 

I prefer the screen print posters as they have more of a retro art feel to them.  OTOH, I am loving the color and graphics of this one, that would be hard to accomplish with a screen print.
Y'all got any disco ball back there?