Chicago FM recording on dimeadozen and traders' den!

Started by buymycar, Jun 19, 2011, 02:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

searchinbig

"Somewhere out there is a land that's cool, where peace and balance are the rule."

Tieoptional

The river's long... it is cold. It chills the body but not the soul.

Fully

Thank you so much! I was so hoping to find this! :D :D :D :D

Sticky Icky Green Stuff

bad. ass.

it feels like we already have more shows coming out than the last two tours combined.  loving this.  thanks again.

Dillsnufus

how is all of steam engine here??

"where your dreams become reality and your reality become dreams"- willy wonka
Gazziza My Dillsnufus

nlarsen777

e_wind

excellent quality, i think Run Thru is on the same track as Smokin
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

nlarsen777

Got it, thanks, for some reason when i converted it from flac I am missing the ends of each track. Any suggestions for what to use to convert it to mp3?

Sticky Icky Green Stuff

Quote from: nlarsen777 on Jun 19, 2011, 09:01 PM
Got it, thanks, for some reason when i converted it from flac I am missing the ends of each track. Any suggestions for what to use to convert it to mp3?

it's free, http://www.nch.com.au/switch/index.html

Tieoptional

Quote from: nlarsen777 on Jun 19, 2011, 09:01 PM

Also free, I have had really good luck with XLD.

http://tmkk.pv.land.to/xld/index_e.html

It has a pretty easy to use graphic interface. Basically, once you have made your settings in the preferences, you can just drag your files onto the application, and it goes (I have it do the conversion into the same file and keep both for posterity). If you have any questions, let me know.
The river's long... it is cold. It chills the body but not the soul.

Bob Loblaw

Alright, so I'm ignorant when it comes to torrenting.  I have signed up for an account at dime a dozen but I think I need something else to actually download the show.  I'm running a Mac and want to convert this to Apple Lossless.  Help a brother out!  What do I do?

buymycar

Quote from: Bob Loblaw on Jun 23, 2011, 07:17 PM
Alright, so I'm ignorant when it comes to torrenting.  I have signed up for an account at dime a dozen but I think I need something else to actually download the show.  I'm running a Mac and want to convert this to Apple Lossless.  Help a brother out!  What do I do?

You need a torrent client to download the show.  I use uTorrent, but I'm on a PC.  There is a Mac version of uTorrent available.  Once you have it installed, you should be able to click on the torrent link on the dimeadozen download page and uTorrent should take care of it from there.

The files are in FLAC format, so you would have to convert the FLAC files to AIFF before encoding them in Apple Lossless format with iTunes.

jaye

Quote from: Bob Loblaw on Jun 23, 2011, 07:17 PM

I have a mac too and have no idea how to convert - but I downloaded the MP3s from thesteamengine.net   :)

Bob Loblaw

Thanks buymycar.  That was very helpful.  I downloaded XLD for the conversion from FLAC to ALAC.  Once you have the files downladed as a FLAC all you do is open XLD and drag the files and drop them onto the icon on the desktop.

When you first download XLD it will pop up a preferences window.  I kept most of the defaults, made sure to choose my preferred codec as Apple Lossless and I checked the automatically add to iTunes if possible button.  Worked flawlessly.

Thanks again!