AMERICAN MASTERS | Pearl Jam Twenty--coming in October to PBS

Started by Tracy 2112, Aug 03, 2011, 02:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

YouAre_GivenToFly

Quote from: e_wind on Oct 28, 2011, 12:25 AM
ya know, I've made a lot of bad mistakes with pearl jam and eddie vedder in the past,  but those days are over... Ive seen MMJ & Co 20+ times now, and from now on Eddie and PJ shows will take precedence, no matter the price. Or, however many MMJ shows I have to miss for that matter. I missed 1 PJ show in 2010 for MMJ, 1 EV show for MMJ in 2011, and PJ(motherfuc.kin)20 for MMJ on 2011. I love MMJ more than anything, but they're young compared to PJ...

The last time I saw PJ (actually, it was the night before MMJ @ Radio City) I went into the show thinking "This might be my last PJ show" but left the show thinking "Holy crap I need to see them more". Unfortunately I couldn't attend their shows that closed out the Spectrum, but I will definitely be grabbing some tix for their next time in Philly.
The wind blew me back, via Chicago, in the middle of the night.

oistheone

Finally got around to watching my copy of PJ20. A very enjoyable two hours, but I must agree with those that say this is no more than a glorified puff piece. Any conflict mentioned in the film is solved within a minute or two. Losing the band to Eddie must have really hurt Stone, but we really don't hear much about how either party feels about it, just that it happened.

The strength of the film lies in its amazing archival footage and superb editing. But those looking for a strong narrative might want to look elsewhere. For fans of Pearl Jam however, this is a must-watch, and I'm still glad I purchased it.

Sticky Icky Green Stuff

also free webcast from argentina tonight at 7pm EST:

There will be a radio broadcast of the Argentina show.
To listen to it, you have to go to this site: http://www.fmrockandpop.com and click on the little mic logo on the left column, where it says "en vivo". That's it!

First they announced it was going to be HD video but then they took that back and now we know it's just audio, but hey, that's good enough!

The show starts at 9:00pm argentina time, that's 7:00pm Eastern.

IMPORTANT:
Use Internet Explorer or Firefox... Chrome just can't handle it, no matter how many plug ins it makes you install it sux.

You will be able to listen from anywhere in the world, no problems there.

woodnymph

This 2011 Canadian tour poster is only one of many awesome prizes up for grabs in the Pearl Jam Sirius XM contest. It runs through January 2. Enter here: http://bitly.com/pjsiriusxm

Might possibly be my favorite band-related poster design........
Daylight is good at arriving in the night time