Main Menu

Forum Album Club

Started by wolof7, Aug 22, 2011, 08:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wolof7

I'd most likely setup a new topic thread for each week. (e.g. Album Club #1 - Album/Band/courtesy of board member name here)

....Also if people are down for doin it one time per week that's cool by me.
Oh, I will dine on honey dew And drink the Milk of Paradiseeeee

mjk73

Quote from: ManNamedTruth on Aug 23, 2011, 11:14 PM
If someone can send me an invite for spotify I'm in, because I don't see myself purchasing music EVERY week.
Send me your email. They finally hooked me up with 3 invites.

Jon T.

Quote from: mjk73 on Aug 24, 2011, 07:00 AM
Quote from: ManNamedTruth on Aug 23, 2011, 11:14 PM
If someone can send me an invite for spotify I'm in, because I don't see myself purchasing music EVERY week.
Send me your email. They finally hooked me up with 3 invites.

I've got a couple of invites, also, if anyone needs.

Ruckus

Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

he.who.forgets

ALady

Quote from: Ruckus on Aug 23, 2011, 05:35 PM
whatever album we choose, alady has already heard it ::)

Man, I wish I was half as cool as Ruckus thinks I am...   ;D

There's soooo much I haven't heard.  I mean serious gaps in my education.  But I'm working on it...

I have some Spotify invites too if anyone needs one.
if it falls apart or makes us millionaires

Crispy

Quote from: ALady on Aug 24, 2011, 12:41 PM
Quote from: Ruckus on Aug 23, 2011, 05:35 PM
whatever album we choose, alady has already heard it ::)

Man, I wish I was half as cool as Ruckus thinks I am...   ;D

There's soooo much I haven't heard.  I mean serious gaps in my education.  But I'm working on it...

I have some Spotify invites too if anyone needs one.

Not buying this for a second.

Also would like in on this thang, and also have Spotify invites for the needy. INVITATIONS, that is. /snark

1) Wolof
2) Alady
3) mjk73
4) sweatboard
5) Ruckus
6) MarkW
7) iLikeBeer
8) Ophidiophobia
9) EasyRyder
10) TommyBurnz
11) Tracy 2112
12) ewind
13) Crispy
"...the Bear, Heartbreakin' Man, Evelyn...I think we all know those."

ManNamedTruth

1) Wolof
2) Alady
3) mjk73
4) sweatboard
5) Ruckus
6) MarkW
7) iLikeBeer
8) Ophidiophobia
9) EasyRyder
10) TommyBurnz
11) Tracy 2112
12) ewind
13) Crispy
14) true

mjk is sending me a spotify invite so i'm in.

EDIT: why did the 8 turn into a smiley on my post but not on crispy's post?
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

mjk73

Ghosts_on_TV

I'd be down for this.
Some girls mothers are bigger than others girls mothers...

he.who.forgets

1) Wolof
2) Alady
3) mjk73
4) sweatboard
5) Ruckus
6) MarkW
7) iLikeBeer
8) Ophidiophobia
9) EasyRyder
10) TommyBurnz
11) Tracy 2112
12) ewind
13) Crispy
14) he.who.forgets
15) Ghosts_on_TV

Updated

wolof7

Alright guys and gals here is the first selection of the Forum Album Club....

Listening Party/Discussion will commence 1 week from today: Weds, Aug 31st @ 9:30pm ET....i'll attach a thread for the club on this date for the needle drop at 9:30

In the meantime, secure the album, and for those of you not familiar with the album, go head and familiarize urself with it....

Also I will pm one of you who will need to message me back ur pick for Album Club #2 this week!.....and I have made a schedule which would take us week by week up to Dec 14th thru random generator, if you want to know ur date pm me as I understand people have lives to plan around....

EasyRyder

QuoteWeds, Aug 31st @ 9:30pm ET

What happens if we can't make it to certain listening parties? My classes start that day, and I'm thinking this might not be feasible on second thought.

You can probably nix me off the list Wolof, sry to drop so early  :embarassed:
I'll definitely stop by here and then when I can though if it's not too much of a drag to have a fair-weather album club lurker.

"As citizens of eternity we ought to be without anxiety."

wolof7

Quote from: EasyRyder on Aug 24, 2011, 07:52 PM

What happens if we can't make it to certain listening parties? My classes start that day, and I'm thinking this might not be feasible on second thought.

I'll definitely stop by here and then when I can though if it's not too much of a drag to have a fair-weather album club lurker.

No worries Easy, we can't assume everyone can make it each week, so long as we have enough to have an active discussion, I'd say that is a success....hell i'm getting married in early October so I'll prob not be around for a week or 2...

...Ideally the needle will drop on the listening party on Weds nights but nothing is stopping the discussion from taking place throughout the week! I'd imagine others new to the party will comment every now and then as well.

I'll pm u ur week...

EasyRyder

Quote from: wolof7 on Aug 24, 2011, 07:58 PM
Quote from: EasyRyder on Aug 24, 2011, 07:52 PM

No worries Easy, we can't assume everyone can make it each week, so long as we have enough to have an active discussion, I'd say that is a success....hell i'm getting married in early October so I'll prob not be around for a week or 2...

...Ideally the needle will drop on the listening party on Weds nights but nothing is stopping the discussion from taking place throughout the week! I'd imagine others new to the party will comment every now and then as well.

I'll pm u ur week...

Yesss, I'm still in then. I just wasn't sure how elite of an album club this was. I'll clean up the locker room after games to make up for it.
"As citizens of eternity we ought to be without anxiety."

YimBlaylock

Anyway you can make room for one last member???  ;)
It's all happening.

Ruckus

Yo Wolof!  How was Tattoo You chosen?  And why was Blow Your Own Horn ignored? ;D
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

ALady

I won't be able to participate in listening parties....well, ever, but I will definitely stop in throughout the week to discuss.   :beer:
if it falls apart or makes us millionaires

he.who.forgets

So quick question...is there going to be any sort of criteria for our critiques and comments or is it an open ended discussion about each album? Should we have a couple of mandatory responses such as: favorite track, least favorite track, overall album rating 1-10, etc. Just thinking out loud

sweatboard

How about two threads for each album

1. for discussion throughout the week
2. for the actual listening party
There's Still Time.........