Main Menu

Forum Album Club

Started by wolof7, Aug 22, 2011, 08:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

iLikeBeer

Quote from: Ruckus on Nov 16, 2011, 01:44 PM
Quote from: iLikeBeer on Nov 16, 2011, 12:16 PM
So, is the forum album club dying a slow death?  Anyone pick an album for tonight?
I'll still play...been busy and it conflicts with Top Chef damnit!

I know some people were interested so I'll throw out MARQUEE MOON maybe for next week?

I was hoping that album got picked the last time around.  I'm down for this for next week! 

ManNamedTruth

Just realized next wednesday is thanksgiving eve. Always a huge party night with friends home for the holidays + friend's band playing down at the Serbian Club.
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

iLikeBeer

Ohh.  Yep, next week probably won't be good either.  Maybe we should try for the week after?

Crispy

I've been terrible about getting back here for this since having a bit of a conflict Weds nights, but I'll be here for Marquee Moon in two weeks, if that's when it happens.
"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"

wolof7

Hey everyone, I'm hoping we can get back on track....I certainly cannot make next week as I will be  drinking with friends....

....we could plan on marquee moon for the week after and maybe try and reconfigure the schedule to accomodate those who can and are participating throughout the next 2 weeks.
Oh, I will dine on honey dew And drink the Milk of Paradiseeeee

YimBlaylock

I'll definitely be there for Marquee Moon. This club's the main reason I started participating in the forum. Let's keep it goin'!
It's all happening.

Ruckus

Quote from: Jaimoe on Nov 16, 2011, 02:36 PM
Quote from: Ruckus on Nov 16, 2011, 01:44 PM
Quote from: iLikeBeer on Nov 16, 2011, 12:16 PM
So, is the forum album club dying a slow death?  Anyone pick an album for tonight?
I'll still play...been busy and it conflicts with Top Chef damnit!

I know some people were interested so I'll throw out MARQUEE MOON maybe for next week?

One of my favourite albums ever, and bands (Televison) for that matter.
Yeah I was late to the party on this one Jaimoe.  I listened to it for the 1st time around a year ago and it hasn't gotten old.  It really has become one of my favorite albums ever as well.  No need for superlatives.  The guitar work and interplay are stunning.

So you're an old dude ;)  I'm guessing you were in your late teens when this album came out.  Were you one of the cool kids that recognized its genius immediately or came back to it at a later time?

I started by listening to the CD reissue with all the bonus tracks.  It sucks that the vinyl that I recently purchased doesn't contain Little Johnny Jewel (obviously) because that was my favorite track off of the disc outside of the title track.
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

ManNamedTruth

Marquee Moon this wednesday anyone?
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

Jaimoe

Quote from: ManNamedTruth on Dec 04, 2011, 08:03 PM
Marquee Moon this wednesday anyone?

No time, but everyone that likes rock and guitars should be on board studying this masterpiece.

capt. scotty

I thought Marquee Moon was supposed to be last week and Wolof told me I was up this week, but MM didnt happen and Im working this Wednesday anyway...

I think the best idea would be to put the album club on the shelf until mid-January when the holidays are over and most people will be able to participate. 2 cents.
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

wolof7

Quote from: capt. scotty on Dec 04, 2011, 11:38 PM
I thought Marquee Moon was supposed to be last week and Wolof told me I was up this week, but MM didnt happen and Im working this Wednesday anyway...

I think the best idea would be to put the album club on the shelf until mid-January when the holidays are over and most people will be able to participate. 2 cents.

This is exactly what I was thinking. I should revamp the scheduling anyways....any thoughts from others?
Oh, I will dine on honey dew And drink the Milk of Paradiseeeee

iLikeBeer

I'm down for holding off re-starting the Album Club until after the holidays.   :thumbsup: 

Hawkeye

Maybe I could join after the holidays...not sure why I haven't been in on this yet.  I think part of the hesitation has been worries about my spotty internet connection, as I'll probably need to Spotify most of these albums.  It's a wonderful idea, and it would keep me from being lazy on listening to new music.  Y'all have exquisite taste in yer tune selection  :beer:
We could.