Main Menu

Forum Album Club

Started by wolof7, Aug 22, 2011, 08:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wolof7

Quote from: he.who.forgets on Aug 24, 2011, 10:17 PM
So quick question...is there going to be any sort of criteria for our critiques and comments or is it an open ended discussion about each album? Should we have a couple of mandatory responses such as: favorite track, least favorite track, overall album rating 1-10, etc. Just thinking out loud

I like this idea.......we should definitely do that to produce some consistency, beyond that I'm thinking open discussion is fine....we'll see where it goes

Ruckus, I took on the inaugural listening party bc I'm an egomanical greedy control freak....don't worry tho Herb Alpert is my next pick  :thumbsup:

No worries ALady I'll send u ur host date, if you can't do it maybe we can have a proxy host to present ur album and u can join in when u can  :thumbsup:

1) Wolof
2) Alady
3) mjk73
4) sweatboard
5) Ruckus
6) MarkW
7) iLikeBeer
8  ) Ophidiophobia
9) EasyRyder
10) TommyBurnz
11) Tracy 2112
12) ewind
13) Crispy
14) he.who.forgets
15) Ghosts_on_TV
16) ManNamedTruth
17) YimBlaylock (sweet name)
Oh, I will dine on honey dew And drink the Milk of Paradiseeeee

e_wind

Quote from: YimBlaylock on Aug 24, 2011, 09:15 PM
Anyway you can make room for one last member???  ;)

best name on the forum.

wow. hadn't even seen wolof's comment about the name at the time. haha.
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

e_wind

Quote from: wolof7 on Aug 24, 2011, 10:34 PM
So quick question...is there going to be any sort of criteria for our critiques and comments or is it an open ended discussion about each album? Should we have a couple of mandatory responses such as: favorite track, least favorite track, overall album rating 1-10, etc. Just thinking out loud

I like this idea.......we should definitely do that to produce some consistency, beyond that I'm thinking open discussion is fine....we'll see where it goes

i like this. we should set the mandatory responses before wednesday.

Favorite Track
Least Favorite Track
Album Rating (the first one will be the hardest to do this for IMO)

i can't even think of anymore ha. maybe best lyrics? that could be hard after only a week.
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

ManNamedTruth

I like the idea of a new thread for each album.
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

ManNamedTruth

I don't know how many listening parties I'll be able to attend, but I'll listen and post my thoughts throughout the week.

capt. scotty

I havent read a sentence of this yet, but Id say im In like Flynn
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

wolof7

Quote from: e_wind on Aug 25, 2011, 12:03 AM
Quote from: wolof7 on Aug 24, 2011, 10:34 PM

i like this. we should set the mandatory responses before wednesday.

Favorite Track
Least Favorite Track
Album Rating (the first one will be the hardest to do this for IMO)

i can't even think of anymore ha. maybe best lyrics? that could be hard after only a week.

I think as the host I will answer those questions (for myself) along with some facts and tidbits around the album, why I chose it and impressions etc., as my first post and urge others to do the same as they post along.

As I remember, there are plenty of quotables on Tattoo You ewind, so lyrics maybe fun to review!

I am unsure if we would need 2 threads 1 listening party/ 1 discussion, i think if I setup the thread for the listening party, discussion will continue through the week off that thread. 2 threads may be too confusing and a little much imo.

How do we want to setup the rating system? Something fluid for each poster, or like the creme brulee blog, completely artbitrary? 1-10 works for me, maybe for this one 1-10 tounges?

1) Wolof
2) Alady
3) mjk73
4) sweatboard
5) Ruckus
6) MarkW
7) iLikeBeer
8  ) Ophidiophobia
9) EasyRyder
10) TommyBurnz
11) Tracy 2112
12) ewind
13) Crispy
14) he.who.forgets
15) Ghosts_on_TV
16) ManNamedTruth
17) YimBlaylock
18 ) Capt.scotty

sweatboard

Ok, I see.  I thought we started talking about the album leading up to the listening party.  So the discussion starts after the listening party.  Got it.

I think......
So each album gets two weeks one week to secure it and one week to discuss, then a new album is picked.  So the next album will be picked on September 7th.  Correct?
There's Still Time.........

wolof7

Quote from: sweatboard on Aug 25, 2011, 03:02 PM
Ok, I see.  I thought we started talking about the album leading up to the listening party.  So the discussion starts after the listening party.  Got it.

I think......
So each album gets two weeks one week to secure it and one week to discuss, then a new album is picked.  So the next album will be picked on September 7th.  Correct?

Yup the person to host the 2nd Forum album club has been notified. We will announce that album at the end of the first listening party and give peeps a week to secure/familiarize that one as we continue to discuss Tattoo You up until the 7th!

markcel

Wondering if there is still room to join????

wolof7

Quote from: markcel on Aug 25, 2011, 09:17 PM
Wondering if there is still room to join????

ooooo yea

1) Wolof
2) Alady
3) mjk73
4) sweatboard
5) Ruckus
6) MarkW
7) iLikeBeer
8  ) Ophidiophobia
9) EasyRyder
10) TommyBurnz
11) Tracy 2112
12) ewind
13) Crispy
14) he.who.forgets
15) Ghosts_on_TV
16) ManNamedTruth
17) YimBlaylock
18 ) Capt.scotty
19) markcel

he.who.forgets

Any other spotify users notice that there are like 4-5 tracks missing from Tattoo You? My only gripe about spotify.
p.s. I'm far from any sort of seasoned music critic so dont go expecting any mind blowing revelations from me in this little circle ???

mahg33ta

very late to the game but count me in if there's space.

mjk73

Quote from: he.who.forgets on Aug 25, 2011, 10:42 PM
Any other spotify users notice that there are like 4-5 tracks missing from Tattoo You? My only gripe about spotify.
p.s. I'm far from any sort of seasoned music critic so dont go expecting any mind blowing revelations from me in this little circle ???
Nope. I had all the tracks on mine.

markcel

Anyone happen to have an extra invite for spotify?  (Seems like I only request something lately on here.)

Crispy

Quote from: markcel on Aug 26, 2011, 10:06 AM
Anyone happen to have an extra invite for spotify?  (Seems like I only request something lately on here.)
I do -- shoot me a PM with your email.
"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"

he.who.forgets

Quote from: mjk73 on Aug 26, 2011, 09:01 AM
Quote from: he.who.forgets on Aug 25, 2011, 10:42 PM
Nope. I had all the tracks on mine.
Huh, that's wierd. Looked again and they're all there.  I'm probably just an idiot

wolof7

No prob g33ta, glad to have you

1) Wolof
2) Alady
3) mjk73
4) sweatboard
5) Ruckus
6) MarkW
7) iLikeBeer
8  ) Ophidiophobia
9) EasyRyder
10) TommyBurnz
11) Tracy 2112
12) ewind
13) Crispy
14) he.who.forgets
15) Ghosts_on_TV
16) ManNamedTruth
17) YimBlaylock
18 ) Capt.scotty
19) markcel
20) Mahg33ta

ok so here's what I'm doing...we got 20 peeps, they are all entered into the first "season" of the album club. Anyone who wants into the club will be entered into Season 2 with the rest of us. Anyone is free to comment and follow along however it may be a while until you get to pick an album....If others want off the list you can lemme know...if you cannot host a listening party lemme know we'll figure it out as we go, maybe your pick could be hosted by proxy...any other suggestions on how to keep track of this?

wolof7

Season 1, discussion 1 starts tonight, needle drop at 9:30 ET, don't be late.... :thumbsup:

ManNamedTruth

Quote from: wolof7 on Aug 31, 2011, 05:44 PM
Season 1, discussion 1 starts tonight, needle drop at 9:30 ET, don't be late.... :thumbsup:

I got forum fantasy football draft at ten, busy night tonight!